Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WxSand "Creaturemod 2"  (Read 3746 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
WxSand "Creaturemod 2"
« on: April 30, 2011, 06:12:05 pm »

Hello guys, everybody knows about the falling sand game right? :)
We all know theres alot of mods out there for wxSand, one of my favorites is the creature mod series.
(My absolute favorite is DrMod)

This mod(series) allows you to spawn theese creatures, they have organs and they actually work(Theres only Brain and Loung tho'), and then theres all theese kinds of sicknesses, and all theese ways to do wicked stuff with them. I tend to do theese kind of "settlements" where i place alot of creatures, some of them die by suffocation due to misgrown breathing tubes, other due to some kind of internal infection. I then try to roleplay some kind of psycho goverment struggling to keep the people happy and struggling to keep the illusion that its a perfect utopia without any kind of dysfunction, while performing wicked experiments and stuff, the population is ranked in different group, the lowest being people without any rights, dedicated to experiments, kept from soceity and living their 2 minute lives in pain from different devices and chemicals/whatever i modded into it. The medium being some kind of registered homeless, the highest rank being scientists and creatures living in actual houses. I do all kinds of experiments, from surgery techniques to mutation and turning them into cyborgs! I also do procure creature meat for UNKNOWN COSMIC BEINGS/armok.

Its lovely, it works best on version 4.4 and creaturemod2 is best.

Get FSG here: http://www.piettes.com/fallingsandgame/

And Original creature mod(add 2 or 3 at the end to get the other versions:
http://www.fallingsandgame.com/wiki/index.php/User:Jabberwock33/CreatureMod

I also made my own little version of creaturemod2, its nothing more than oil right now, but i will see wich things i can cram into it later, especially some of my cyborg parts and draw-able organs/tissue, also at some point i will add more organs and tubes and stuff, to make them replicate and eat stuff! I started adding stuff because i wanted a way to cremate bodies like you can do in V1, then i made this ABVS(Artificial Brain Vitality Sustaining Device).

Todo:
Colour marks - If we are gonna make some kind of succession game? I would watch out for colour conflicts tho, could just be different kinds of grey with names of users?
Make Tissue Draw-able
Cyborg Parts - Robot overlords to protect the utopia!
Somehow make death more realistic(Not just some insta-rotting grey mass, but an actual corpse, would be nice for some kind of predator-creature/cruel undead robot thing)
Look into creature generation -> Seed bags, Eating stuff, Communication, Stuff
Fullfill Jabberwock's original wish! Live creatures.

Here comes CreaturesNShit V1:
Edit: Damn, cant post in this post.
Edit2: Seems like the BB is being a BBitch, ill Pastebin it.
http://pastebin.com/Qtz5vS62
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:17:22 pm by DrPoo »
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WxSand "Creaturemod 2"
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 06:40:07 pm »

This sounds really cool, but I don't want to mess with the source myself, do you think you could upload the modded game as an .exe?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 06:54:20 pm »

The game support theese physics files, this is a physics file, open game, click file, click load physics, find that textfile with the "code" i posted :)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 07:21:00 pm »

I see there are mods for 4.5 and 4.6 but the website only has 4.4, where do I get those versions?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 10:23:57 am »

I see there are mods for 4.5 and 4.6 but the website only has 4.4, where do I get those versions?

http://fallingsandgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8957
:)

Vainemoinen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 12:15:00 am »

Sounds fun. I used to play a lot of falling sand games. Thanks for the tip.