Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lets Discus RL (Not What It Looks Like!)  (Read 1025 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Lets Discus RL (Not What It Looks Like!)
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:01:12 pm »

Lets discuss the ongoing live action series known as "Real Life".

The "War on Terror" Arc's big bad death was a big letdown. I mean, a headshot by US Marines off-screen? Bullshit. I had money on duel!

The "Cold War" was similarly a letdown. The USSR just broke down? What an anticlimactic end!

If you haven't guessed yet, we are talking about Real Life like its a show. :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Discus RL (Not What It Looks Like!)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 08:09:00 pm »

The whole "treat real life like a video game or TV show" thing is mildly funny when it comes up in a discussion, because it's relevant and spontaneous.  I can't see a whole thread dedicated to it being anything but criminally unfunny.
Shoes...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 09:59:09 pm »

I don't know Cthulhu. Recently my friends were talking about how awful things are, so I derailed the thread straight uphill sideways both ways backwards into a lengthy conversation about how life was great. The lurkers around us seemed to approve. A good time was had by all.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 10:30:33 pm »

*hurls RL a good hundred feet and qualifies for varsity track*
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 11:28:06 pm »

If you haven't guessed yet, we are talking about Real Life like its a show. :P

Oh my god, did you hear about that one guy that made things meta?  He's so amazing but now this whole thing is a fucking pomo mindscrew and I can't figure out who I'm supposed to date for Best End cuz I'm worried they'll all end up with tentacles or something and damn, these girls are too much tsundere and too little sammich =/  The online guides aren't very helpful, either... something about ladders, I mean, fuck, we're not playing To Catch a Predator or anything
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".