Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Mud and Blood 2  (Read 23802 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Mud and Blood 2
« on: May 02, 2011, 08:38:14 am »

The game from the main website.

Mud and Blood 2 is a WWII battle simulator, in which you command a squad of soldiers in an attempt to stop the Nazis. Panzersrhecks, MG42 gunners, grenadiers, and Panzer tanks will all stop at nothing to destroy your squad.

The wiki

What are your experiences, tips, and strategys?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:12:29 am by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mud and Blood 2
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 08:40:23 am »

Safe yourself, don't waste to much time with it?

Also the kongerate thread has a lot of help. There are also "cheat" versions with unlimited points to start with and you still lose in those, just to give you a idear. It is not a game to win and for my taste, it is to slow paced and "randrum" to be a main focus. Not bad thou!

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 08:46:22 am »

It sounds like every single WW2 game ever made...
Does it have some sort of gimmick?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 08:59:39 am »

The gimmick? The gimmick is that you're fucked either way.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 04:00:51 pm »

Also the kongerate thread has a lot of help. There are also "cheat" versions with unlimited points to start with and you still lose in those, just to give you a idear. It is not a game to win and for my taste, it is to slow paced and "randrum" to be a main focus. Not bad thou!

Where would a cheat version be? I would like to try it out

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 05:09:28 pm »

I like it, actually.

As for strategy, get a trench or bunker up as soon as you can. Bunkers provide tons more protection, but slow the fire rate of troops inside. Some weapons can't be used from a bunker, but machinegunners get an accuracy bonus(I dunno if this applies to 50.cal stationary guns).
If you're going to use a mortars(more mortars, more fun), get a scout too, since scouts give a bonus(accuracy?) and allow mortars to target things out of their own LoS. Scouts also spot invisible units, and show you a timer for the next timed wave.
Treat bazookas with EXTREME caution. I think I've lost more guys to my own bazooka than I have to enemy rockets. Aside from that, they are pretty much the most reliable thing you've got against vehicles(AT guns almost never fire, and good luck with arty/airstrikes)... other than a minefield. Mines, by the way, are cheap(1TP for a set of three), kill-all weapons.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 06:30:33 pm »

The last few updates made bazookas a lot safer, they won't hit your own troops (unsure about buildings).

M3s are bugged in the latest version, so don't bother using them.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:36:44 pm »

I got quite good at one of the older versions, but this new one has halved my max wave count.

My old tactic was to rush some of the nicer medals (free Officer at start, free Garands, extra Rifle Skill) with my first few games, then when I was happy with my medals, when I started I'd push forward until I had decent TPs and a clear-ish battlefield. The best shot on the squad gets a BAR (If he's 30+ skill he's going to be a murdering bastard with that thing), the second best will eventually get ranger training, but that's not as important. 1st soldier ordered (bringing me to 6 with the free officer) is an engineer, and he throws up a trench in one of the bottom corners, then chucks up a camo net over it. The man with the BAR should be tearing apart everything on the battlefield, and if you have anyone else with semi-decent rifle skill they'll be doing fairly well too. Next up is a bazooka man (Bazookas have a short 'safe' range; they don't explode just after being fired. This means they can be stationed right behind the trench, still under the net, and have both human shields and clear shots.). He, along with the officer and medic (Guaranteed to need one) stand behind the trench, which is filled by the 4 soldiers. Repeat the process in the other corner, but have a Signaller, and maybe not another Officer. Sarge is a handy guy here, he does almost the same stuff, he raises morale, and he's a brilliant shot. By now you have 8+ guys with rifles/MGs (Including Sarge and the Signaller), 2 Bazookas, 1-2 medics, an Officer and an Engie. The engie throws up a Bunker a bit forward from the trenches, which gets a Frenchie in each corner(With a medic to patch them up; these are distractions from the Machine Gunner in the center, and so get a lot of fire.) and a MG guy in the center. The MG guy's a good candidate for Ranger Training; high Rifle on those guys makes them brilliant. Behind the bunker goes a Pillbox and an antenna, if you can fit them. Last up is a few more Camo Nets, and maybe some Barbed Wire if you want. Snipers are also decent additions (I put them in the end of the trench not covered by the Camo), but I rarely use Vehicles. Against vehicles/other big explosion causing bastards, focus fire (Officer's Order, immediately causes the Bazookas to launch at the target) on them, and pray your bazooka isn't blind and the rocket doesn't just pass through without impacting.

The officer should collect most of the supply drops, as a good officer is very useful.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 06:44:41 pm »

http://www.hackedarcadegames.com/game/3369/Mud-and-Blood-2.2.6.html
It's kind of wonky, but it works.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 06:46:21 pm »

I've been playing it for a few years, actually. It used to be rather easy compared to the premise, and people could go on for RL days. Until, of course, the meen old dev patched it up to standard.
Hello Hunam

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 08:30:20 pm »

Same megaman. Actually, remember when there was no TP cap and you could collect for days on end?

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk97/dogstilez/?action=view&current=MEGAOWNAGE.jpg

I miss those days *sniffles* I was so young.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 09:28:38 pm »

http://www.hackedarcadegames.com/game/3369/Mud-and-Blood-2.2.6.html
It's kind of wonky, but it works.

Thats just the same game for me..

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 09:39:47 pm »

Tactic: Four Garands, one Officer, grenades, SURVIVE.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 10:19:06 pm »

Tactic: Four Garands, one Officer, grenades, SURVIVE.
No items. Final Destination.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 10:39:01 pm »

The Downed Pilot Hero Tactic:
-Close Protection
--Officer/Crewman/Technician, survive as long as possible.
--Or a Medic, if you want to try the "Run For Berlin" Tactic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5