Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Mud and Blood 2  (Read 23777 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mud and Blood 2
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 12:05:13 am »

Grenades do blow em up...  many a TP have been lost to it... many a game have been shortened cause of it...

Also... Wave 3: AT Cannon
I spread my guys out post haste...   luckily, no deaths.  It even somehow manages to blow itself up....  and none of my guys were close...  and yes, I have used the send a guy next to it so it blows itself up desperate gambit before.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 02:54:43 am »

It no longer seems to be unfair random brutality; it's still unfair brutality, just now it's consistent. My last few games have all ended thanks to eerily accurate PAK38s showing up at wave twenty, ignoring any and all gunfire, and blowing my shit to shreds.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 03:45:45 am »

Want more early points? You can actually push the Krauts back! Move your initial squad to the very top of the screen and they'll advance to the next one and gain points. Isn't hard to do if you do it early, and I don't think it does anything negative. Don't do this if you have any buildings, because you'll lose those.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 04:30:24 am »

I actually did that for a couple runs. Didn't help much, I was mostly just trying for less forested maps.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 07:36:28 am »

I remember this game. It usually ends with a grenade or artillery hit to the trench where most of my troops are.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 09:15:41 am »

I remember this game. It usually ends with a grenade or artillery hit to the trench where most of my troops are.
ouch, classic.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:30 am »

ouch, classic.
Its war, random things can go your way or not, regardless of skill.  Its mostly a matter of mitigating the random that'll gib your best guys.
Epic times when your tank/sarge/officer/high level killer(s) gets gibbed, but you still manage to salvage things enough to go another +40 waves, but that is pretty rare...

Instead of moving maps, you can taunt the enemy early on, especially if you like the current map.

Fun Tip:
Trench + Bunker = More Survivability
Trench + Bunker + Sandbag = Even More Survivability  (Sandbags will get blown up every now and then.)
Trench + Bunker + Sandbag + Frenchie/Medic at the very front = Someone else gets shot at instead of the important people.

Try to keep the size of your troop at 6 men or under.  Troops under camnets do not count toward the total troop size.  Any more and there are chances of artillery strikes....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:32:51 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Brutalized

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 12:22:38 pm »

It no longer seems to be unfair random brutality; it's still unfair brutality, just now it's consistent. My last few games have all ended thanks to eerily accurate PAK38s showing up at wave twenty, ignoring any and all gunfire, and blowing my shit to shreds.

If early paks are a problem, try placing a bunker on the field and keeping your troops in there for protection. There's a very low chance for the pak to blow up the bunker, and only happens when the pak round hits dead center.

Want more early points? You can actually push the Krauts back! Move your initial squad to the very top of the screen and they'll advance to the next one and gain points. Isn't hard to do if you do it early, and I don't think it does anything negative. Don't do this if you have any buildings, because you'll lose those.

Yeah, advancing also gives 1 EXP to all troops who advanced, so its a good way to help the squad out early. You just have to be careful of advancing when there are enemies onscreen, because if you advance, the enemies onscreen will count as flankers, and once you reach 10 flankers, your game ends. :/

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 06:11:32 pm »

Played again this game after a long break, and noticing my local saved game was gone with my various spring ccleaner cleanups, i had to restart from scratch, but it's always very fun.

Bunkers with a machinegunner in each are impressively efficient, when supported by snipers.
Built a camo net and put my snipers+rocket guys under it to reduce the "visible soldiers count" to 6 (and avoid the nasty constant arty and bombing run that happens when more than 6 of your guys can be seen) , but at some point, after so many soldiers waves, one wave was made only with nebelwerfers + canons and my 2 rocket guys did absolutely nothing, didn't fired at all.
The cannons+nebelwerfers immediately destroyed the 2 bunkers (and the machinegunners inside) then exploded the camo net and the snipers+rocket guys under them.

Bought immediately a rocket guy with all i had left, but he missed his shot and got exploded a few seconds later, ending the game at wave 52 and 170 kills

The game awarded me 2 medals for this apparently (100 kills and 50 waves), giving some very very very small bonuses to my future troops.
Looks like it will take a lot of time to get back to where i was as the xp is slow to earn, but fortunately the game is always fun even at low level and with few bonus for the troops. Though it takes time to re-unlock the various gametype

Too bad the downloadable offline version is an older version of the game in comparison to the current flash one, it's missing some of the features of it. Though it may be my ear playing tricks, but isn't the downloadable version having better sounds ?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:15:49 pm by Robsoie »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 06:29:35 pm »

If early paks are a problem, try placing a bunker on the field and keeping your troops in there for protection. There's a very low chance for the pak to blow up the bunker, and only happens when the pak round hits dead center.

I get bunkers; by the time the PAKs show up, I've already got a decent building setup with gunner & officer in the bunker, 4 soldiers and engie in trenches in a line adjacent to the bunker, and medic wherever the wounded are. If I stick all my soldiers into the bunker for protection, the firerate malus is enough that the PAK never actually gets killed, and all the enemy soldiers spawning just waltz right on past
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 07:34:54 pm »

2 gunners in the bunker then.  If you get a sniper, you can easily leave him out back under a camnet.

And... blargh... the downloaded version isn't the most up to date?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 08:24:34 pm »

Its still pretty ok to use. I thought it was up to date, its definitely similar to the online version.

Anyway, I can pretty solidly get up to wave 70 by putting all my guys up top with tommy guns. Sarge in the middle, officer next to him, a guy on the left and one on the right because fuck infiltrators, a zook behind the sarge and a scout so I know when the next lot are coming.

I usually don't even have to bother with building anything.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2012, 09:28:46 pm »

The difference between the downloadable (2.2.7 from what i have read) and latest online version ( 2.3.1 according to wiki) are detailled there:
http://mudandblood.net/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=78

Brutalized

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 02:41:39 pm »

If you're having trouble with losing your save file, you can back up the save on an external drive or somewhere else. It helps just in case you delete it with CCleaner, or with something else. Make sure you back it up in a place that won't get deleted, or the whole thing's kinda pointless. :P The location of your save varies depending on the site you play on and your operating system. Valthero, a user on MnB.net made a very nice guide on how to find your save file:

Windows XP:MnB.net
[LOCAL DISC]\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#Shared0bjects\[WILDCARD]\games.mochiads.com\c\g\mud-and-blood-2\mudandblood2.swf\mnb21.sol

Windows XP:Kongregate
[LOCAL DISC]\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#Shared0bjects\[WILDCARD]\chat.kongregatecom\gamez\0002\1802\live\mudandblood2.swf\mnb21.sol

Windows 7/Windows Vista: MnB.net
[LOCAL DISC]\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\#Shared0bjects\[WILDCARD]\games.mochiads.com\c\g\mud-and-blood-2\mudandblood2.swf\mnb21.sol

Windows 7/Windows Vista: Kongregate
[LOCAL DISC]\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\#Shared0bjects\[WILCARD]\chat.kongregate.com\gamez\0002\1802\live\mudandblood2.swf\mnb21.sol

Windows 7/Windows Vista: Downloadable Client
[LOCAL DISC]\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\#Shared0bjects\[WILDCARD]\localhost\FromMemory\[WILDCARD]\100\[WILDCARD].swf\mnb21.sol

Finder\[USERNAME]\preferences\macromedia\flashplayer\#Shared0bjects\[WILDCARD]\games.mochiads.com\[WILDCARD]\[WILDCARD]\mudandblood2\mudandblood2.swf\mnb21.sol

If you have trouble finding the save file, try showing your hidden files/folders, and/or searching for "appdata" or "%appdata%" in your "Run" dialogue.

Back on track: simply copy mnb21.sol to wherever you wish to store it. If you lose your data, simply copy that back to the original folder. I usually copy the file after every deployment, just to make sure I don't lose any progress.
This method may also be used to transfer your .sol between personal computers. Copy the .sol to a flash drive or send it over the Internet, download the file to the computer that you wish to have it on, and voilą, transfer complete.

All credit goes to Valthero.

I get bunkers; by the time the PAKs show up, I've already got a decent building setup with gunner & officer in the bunker, 4 soldiers and engie in trenches in a line adjacent to the bunker, and medic wherever the wounded are. If I stick all my soldiers into the bunker for protection, the firerate malus is enough that the PAK never actually gets killed, and all the enemy soldiers spawning just waltz right on past

Gunners are a good unit to put inside bunkers, because they suffer no reduction in reaction time, so they fire the same inside a bunker as outside. Gunners can help shoot the crewmen off the pak, and will sometimes even completely destroy the pak. Also, since paks generally shoot at the closest thing to them, you can place bazookas or AT guns, or other Anti-tank weapons behind your bunker so they can kill the pak, and the pak won't shoot at them.

The difference between the downloadable (2.2.7 from what i have read) and latest online version ( 2.3.1 according to wiki) are detailled there:
http://mudandblood.net/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=78

Yeah, urb hasn't released the newest downloadable version yet. The latest version so far is 2.2.7c. The current version, 2.3.1g, is still somewhat buggy, and contains some balance issues which are still being worked on, so after a few patches, hopefully a new version will become available for download.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:48:09 pm by Brutalized »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 03:43:05 pm »

Thank you, i'll backup my saved game this time (re-reached captain and got several nice ribbons, the latest allowing me to start with a free officer along my regular or random soldiers at start) to avoid losing the progress accidentally in my next spring "ccleaner" cleaning

That game always remember how to deal funny death.

Got a nice sniper+rocket setup with trenches, sandbag and a camo net to avoid breaking the 6 soldier limit (in order to avoid nasty things)
All was incredibly well, until a sniper blitz, oh it wasn't much the blitz itself as my own snipers (that had gained lot of rank) managed to kill the enemy, but because during that blitz there was another wave, so too many targets for the snipers to deal with, annoying because one of the enemy was a mortar trooper.

Guess where the mortar landed before my snipers finally got him ?
Yes, right on the camo net. :D

(the engineer died during that mortar explosion, i forgot to add a sandbag wall on his trench) , i was over the limit without being able to get a replacement for both engineer + camo net at that point, and soon enoug .. oh what's this nice thing flying ? oops it a V1.
And it really hurt, really.

The situation was then rather desesperate, but as it wasn't enough, "branderburg blitz" followed by a quick game over :D

Always so much fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5