Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Mud and Blood 2  (Read 23828 times)

Brutalized

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mud and Blood 2
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 01:50:20 pm »

There's a competition on mnb.net right now called Vive la France. Feel free to participate!

Quote from: Lance
Lets have another competition folks. A new member wants to take the ruff road by trying himself at this challenge.
Quote from: Lance
A new profile > to the regs you deploy only Frenchys (as many as you like). > last at least 50 waves or so.
That seams to me as a mission impossible even for you (Brutalized)  but it would be awesome if it could be done.
A new challenges been born.
Quote from: Kimura
And accepted. I've been playing MnB2 on and off for a while, but have only just created a forum account to put my acceptance of Lance's Frenchie challenge in writing. On that note, I must ask ... Am I allowed to use defenses ? Or medics, for that matter?
Nope. As stated. But in order to give players a bit of a fairer chance and to make this a true Frenchy Fight you can use your regular profile and any deploy you want.
Only rule. You must deploy only Frenchys and retreat any other unit. A crate solder may stay but it would be nice if you would get a Officer to bring him home because this time its a Homelanders fight.
A picture (screen-shot) of wave 10 and every other 10th wave would be nice. End pic included please.
Be fair and do not cheat . Simply give it your best shot(s) and most of all have fun.:D

I will try to submit my try out as soon as possible.

UPDATE! please read before submitting your challenge.

To balance this challenge a bit more the player may keep one Officer on the field but therefore must send all crate solders away.

This works best with Close Protection Deployment and having all basic ribbons. Free Officer, Moral+, Rifle+, ect.

Since a picture of each 10 waves is a bit redundant it will be enough to post one at around wave 10 and then all that seam interesting.
A last wave pic would also be nice. Most of all. Have fun and
URB ON !

Good luck, all! The current high score is wave 111, by Lance.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2467/frenchychallengenr2w111.jpg

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 02:10:25 pm »

This game is awesomely hard. DAMN THOSE WESPES!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 04:08:04 pm »

Eh, that challenge doesn't seem like its worth it as a single tank will fuck everyone up.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 04:15:01 pm »

I make wave 100 on 75% of my games currently, and that means surviving 10-15 tanks. Well placed Bazookas, high skilled chaps with rifle 'nades and (eventully) a Tank of your own will usually beat down a German Tank with no problem.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 04:34:58 pm »

I make wave 100 on 75% of my games currently, and that means surviving 10-15 tanks. Well placed Bazookas, high skilled chaps with rifle 'nades and (eventully) a Tank of your own will usually beat down a German Tank with no problem.
The Frenchie challenge means you only get to use Frenchies. No AT guns, Tanks, Zooks, and with no Arty/B-Drop (No signaller) unless you're lucky enough to get a soldier crate drop. So the only way to beat a tank in this manner is with Rifle Grenades, which have minimal anti-tank capability (unless this was changed in the newer version). Combined with the buff to vehicles and the Frenchies' less than ideal accuracy, one tank really will mess you up.

Plus, no engineers mean no camnets, so you're stuck with 6 soldiers total unless you want the poo-poo bombed out of you.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:39:09 pm by Blaze »

Brutalized

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 06:01:17 pm »

Eh, that challenge doesn't seem like its worth it as a single tank will fuck everyone up.

Hence, challenge.

The Frenchie challenge means you only get to use Frenchies. No AT guns, Tanks, Zooks, and with no Arty/B-Drop (No signaller) unless you're lucky enough to get a soldier crate drop. So the only way to beat a tank in this manner is with Rifle Grenades, which have minimal anti-tank capability (unless this was changed in the newer version). Combined with the buff to vehicles and the Frenchies' less than ideal accuracy, one tank really will mess you up.

Plus, no engineers mean no camnets, so you're stuck with 6 soldiers total unless you want the poo-poo bombed out of you.

Nope, no signalers at all. All crate soldiers are to be retreated.  ;)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 07:06:05 pm »

That's not a challenge. That's pure luck. Challenge is surviving for as long as you can without using machine guns while moving up at least once every 10 waves or some such example rather than just hoping the RNG doesn't bend you over before wave 50.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Brutalized

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 07:09:10 pm »

That's not a challenge. That's pure luck. Challenge is surviving for as long as you can without using machine guns while moving up at least once every 10 waves or some such example rather than just hoping the RNG doesn't bend you over before wave 50.

This whole game is pure luck. Your argument is invalid.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 12:56:01 am »

Pure luck is indeed exactly what the game is about.

Played one that got my troops annihilated at wave 40 with some "unfair event" and blitz waves.

Then the game i played following this disaster had me actually beat my own record : wave 190 !

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:57:55 am by Robsoie »

Brutalized

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2012, 04:52:25 pm »

If anyone needs a good strategy for version 2.3, try my new one, linked here: http://www.mudandblood.net/wiki/index.php?title=SuperBrute%27s_Strategy

So far, my highest wave with this strategy is 1,033. Good luck!

Any feedback is appreciated, suggestions, comments, anything.  :)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2012, 05:59:04 pm »

...Reading comprehension fail. Sorry. Didn't realise that was a response to the Challenge.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2012, 09:11:31 pm »

Fine, correction.

This is even less relying on skill because the second the game spawns a tank you have absolutely zero chance of surviving. With unfair events you usually have a decent chance at surviving depending on where you move your troops. Doesn't matter either way with a tank.

Understand my point now? (without trying to sound aggressive, noticed it came out that way if you read it in an angry tone)

Brutalized

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 10:22:12 pm »

Fine, correction.

This is even less relying on skill because the second the game spawns a tank you have absolutely zero chance of surviving. With unfair events you usually have a decent chance at surviving depending on where you move your troops. Doesn't matter either way with a tank.

Understand my point now? (without trying to sound aggressive, noticed it came out that way if you read it in an angry tone)

No worries. I think there are a few ways you can prevent a tank wiping out your squad, although its more of a risk management thing.

You can keep a group of high exp frenchies somewhere on the map, and have a couple 0 exp frenchies on the top to absorb tank fire. You'll need to advance to get rid of the tank though. It all comes down to placement, and the exp distribution of your squad.

I understand where you're coming from though, as there are some situations where its just downright impossible, take for example my last try at the challenge. Its more of a "do as much as you can to keep your squad alive, then just pray your ass off."

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:24:29 pm by Brutalized »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2012, 12:08:15 am »

You *can* try sending a Frenchie for sabotage, but that requires two Frenchies with minimum 30 XP, one to function as an NCO and another to send forward.

Of course, actually surviving to the point where you can do that is another thing entirely.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2012, 05:52:36 am »

Aye, I remembered once I woke up (funny how these things happen) that I did have a game where i narrowly avoided a wespe by killing everyone around it and running past it. I'm a tad more open to the challenge now i've thought of a way to get past the tanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5