Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Mud and Blood 2  (Read 23756 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mud and Blood 2
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2012, 12:04:24 pm »

I haven't played the latest version, but I haven't had much trouble with tanks. Usually, arty and landmines clear them up. And if I have to, send my engineer to plant TNT on the tank(of course, by that point, everyone, including engie, are dead).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2012, 03:46:11 pm »

Well, we were still talking about the challenge, where you wouldn't be able to use any of that stuff.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Brutalized

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2012, 08:09:26 pm »

You *can* try sending a Frenchie for sabotage, but that requires two Frenchies with minimum 30 XP, one to function as an NCO and another to send forward.

Of course, actually surviving to the point where you can do that is another thing entirely.

Just a warning, some of the sabotage results have been reported as bugged, so you may be wasting units. :/

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2015, 03:12:32 pm »

Picked this up after years of forgetting about it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did random start, got a spec ops, engi, zooka and a sniper. Fucking excellent, this is going to be a long run I thought.

Sure enough it ends up being a long run. End up with two Shermans, an AAA, one bunker full of gunners and medics, one extremely good officer, a signaller, two snipers, spec ops, scouts and zookas running amok amongst enemy lines. I find a soldier in a crate with nothing but a handgun and consider him useless, chuck him in my gunner bunker as a human meatshield. Eventually things start going downhill after my elite Sherman is hit by a lucky enemy rocket. My AAA is hit and taken out, a direct artillery hit to my camnet lines wipes out most of my soldiers and support staff and sends my zookas scurrying. The snipers hold on for longer and so do the gunners until the gunners are taken out by a Tiger 2. My last sniper is caught and killed by heavy calibre bullets. The last Sherman drives itself forwards into a heavy blitzkrieg where it takes out many enemy tanks and artillery before losing a tank duel with Nebelwerfers, Paks and Panzers.
All I am left with is my useless handgun soldier.
It is then I realized what he did. I looked at my empty AAA cannon and bid him good luck.
He was a gunner.
On his lonesome he held out blatting away at the German push.
I felt it was fitting that for his last stand, he was awarded the Gold Star.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2020, 04:23:57 am »

I feel like my guys unlocked the matrix

Made it to wave 667, dying after one of my m8s said I needed to surpass wave 666. My previous high score was 262, and I usually lost around wave 100-150 most games, with a few unfortunate runs losing <100. This one just seemed anomalous.

Started with proper planning, full 20tps, an officer and four soldiers. Had a lot of medals boosting morale, rifle skill, tac cap and tac points. Strat went as follows:

1. Send officer in lead, troopers to midline. Get engineer, set up HQ in the bottom rear. Set up first trench on the lower-middle west of the map (but not touching the edge - lost too many nets/soldiers to friendly fire when brandenburgers arrive on the flanks). Place sandbags and camonet on top of trench, place four soldiers and officer in the trench.

2. Get sniper, two gunners and a medic in that order.

3. Place a bunker on the right, then another on its left with your gunners in the middle, officer in the rear and the two medics up top.

4. Place a camonet with sandbags in bottom right. Place sniper there, get a zook and put them there too.

5. Do the same for bottom left, placing another zook there. Adding another sniper is optional, I never bother with more than one sniper in most games. It is gambling with sniper blitzes, but I only got one sniper blitz this entire round.

6. Set up bunker in the rear with the HQ, a camonet. Get signaller, setup radar and antenna.

7. Set up pillbox in the uppermiddle-leftish. Place signaller on the edge where enemy can see him, but he can't be blown up [critically important part of strat]. This got me to wave 250+ because wespes and tigers focused on the pillbox, instead of my foreward bunkers.

At this point you can do whatever you want. I set up another two trenches, one for my sniper and the other to spread out my troops (I also received a scout in a crate, which was awesome). I gave my boys ranger training and carbines with rifle grenades (but no frag grenades - too much friendly fire). I purchased a Sherman and a half-track with an AT gun, which wasn't cost effective at all, but did occasionally take out a clutch Wespe.

Around wave 250+ a lucky flametrooper killed my signaller in the pillbox, an arty shell took out my trenches & killed one of my medics in the foreward bunker, and my zooks/armoured units were gradually taken out by enemy armour. I managed to get my officer, an engineer, an infantryman from the trenches and two gunners into the command bunker, with an added sniper in the enemy half of the map. Sniper was the first to fall, naturally. An arty shell blew him up. I accidentally summoned an engineer who I used to lay the great minefield before he got flammenwerfed.

Sniper blitz took out my infantryman. Things would take a critical turn for the shits when brandenberg marauders killed my medic. More maurauders later killed one gunner, leaving just my officer, engineer and last gunner to hold out. LOS blocking is so effective I'm wondering if you couldn't just block the entire upper half and nullify all enemy artillery
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]