Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay  (Read 1184 times)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:54:59 pm »

Has anyone noticed how this game is basically Adventure mode made into a tabletop game?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:45:31 pm »

Has anyone noticed how this game is basically Adventure mode made into a tabletop game?

It is an interesting game in that it is actually more beneficial for you to be some sort of transient going from job to job never in one place.

Though it by far probably has the most mechanical profession system EVER!

"Hey do you have 500 bucks? no? Well your not a merchant"
"Wait... do you mean I have to pay you 500 bucks?"
"No no no no... You just have to HAVE 500 bucks"
"Why shouldn't my skill be enough? ohh well it doesn't matter here is my 500"
"Ok... do you have a acabus?"
"What why? I OWN my own shop... I own twelve shops... why do I need this random junk to be a merchant?"
"Uhh because this is Fantasy Warhammer and our beauracracy could make angels and devils cry"
"Wow... this is messed up... and probably extremely accurate too"
"Yeah life sucks! Lets get a pizza"
"But Pizzas don't exist yet"
"Well neither do tanks or plutonium but the goblins next door are riding plutonium firing tanks right now"
"Good point!"

Mind you I am not a snob. Nonsense mechanical aspects of a game don't ruin a system.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 11:50:19 pm »

Sometimes it make sense like you need plate armor to be knight.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 12:08:20 am »

Heaven forgive people see your potential and kick assitude and actually fund your knighthood.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 12:53:25 am »

Heaven forgive people see your potential and kick assitude and actually fund your knighthood.

Yeah, but that still makes sense. I can have as much potential as I want, but until I actually do something with it and get the tools it's not really all that helpful. For this example, if you want to be a knight and have potential, go out and convince the people to fund your knighthood, then buy the plate mail, then become a knight.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 05:43:37 am »

Knights had to buy their own stuff historically too, and they were generally part of the aristocracy.  If you're not wealthy enough to afford plate armor, you're not much of a knight.  More of a traveling swordsman type guy.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 10:46:54 pm »

Knights had to buy their own stuff historically too, and they were generally part of the aristocracy.  If you're not wealthy enough to afford plate armor, you're not much of a knight.  More of a traveling swordsman type guy.

Knights were usually rich people who could easily afford their easily affordable armor.

Though when Armor was expencive they usually had programs in place to allow people to buy them. It was one of the reasons why Paladins were created I heard.