Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Badgers are bullies  (Read 3151 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Badgers are bullies
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 11:46:44 pm »

You guys need badass creatures get unicorns not kidding the will kill anything FB made out of socks, check, one made out of candy check and double check.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 01:51:34 am »

Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

LilGunmanX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 11:17:35 am »

You guys want badass animals? I'll second that Rutherers are a great choice; if you keep enough of them in a hallway, you can actually repel goblins. That said, Giant Olms can and will one-shot a fully armored goblin, especially if they're already stunned or injured. If you wanted to wash your invaders into a pit, make it a pit of olms.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 11:20:54 am »

I have a fort in the middle of its third year.  There are some 40 deaths, and about half have been to berserking badgers.  Half of those badger deaths were poorly trained military dwarves who got torn to shreds.  Good times...

Edit: I just saw that Honey Badger link.  I'm gonna go looking for it.  I wonder how it compares to Giant Badgers.  If there isn't anything in the raws to make a Giant Honey Badger, I'm going to add it.
Because your fort clearly needs tougher badgers.

More dwarven death!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 12:56:56 pm »

Giant Olms and Giant Crocodiles are great trap creatures, but Rutherers are grazers and much, much bigger, which means they're also a good source of food. I had several female Rutherers in Spore Tree cage traps. The "skinny overall" one weighted 3000 lbs and the "muscular and gigantic overall" one weight 6000 lbs. They're like big-ass cave cows that fight back. Not only that, but they won't attack your dwarves when you manuver in to place traps to catch them.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:59:11 pm by franti »
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 01:36:21 pm »

If there isn't anything in the raws to make a Giant Forgotten Beast Honey Badger, I'm going to add it.
Fixed it for you.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 01:39:31 pm »

If there isn't anything in the raws to make a Giant Forgotten Beast Honey Badger, I'm going to add it.
Fixed it for you.

Now THAT would be a fortress ender.  Whaddabout Demon Honey Badger?  That'd be cool...
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 02:15:57 pm »

You just have to bring a dwarf with military skill and a weapon for them on embark, and then badgers stop being a problem.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 02:39:26 pm »

A miner is enough but a fare amount of points in mining and a decent pick and he will kill anything FBs included
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 [2]