Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A thought on power  (Read 8559 times)

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A thought on power
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 06:02:17 pm »

I only use magma but I still pillage the land!

How else are you meant to make woodcrafts to try to sell to elves?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 09:37:31 pm »

What's the point of using everyday fuel sources when we already pervert the laws of thermodynamics to make magma our pumpstacked bitch? Seems like a step backwards if you ask me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 09:54:59 pm »

I only use magma but I still pillage the land!

How else are you meant to make woodcrafts to try to sell to elves?

Steal woodcrafts from elves to try to sell to elves?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 02:38:38 am »

I guarantee that as soon as steam or burning booze creates considerably pressure, it will be about five minutes after the announcement that someone has a magma-and-sewer-brew based turbine.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 02:51:30 am »

Which happens about two minutes after someone creates a pressure-based noble-and-prisoner-execution chamber.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 03:35:36 am »

Which happens about two minutes after someone creates a pressure-based noble-and-prisoner-execution chamber.

We have that. It's called a bridge.

Pressure is pressure, right?
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 04:15:50 am »

Alright, a steam pressure-based one.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 07:07:02 am »

We have that. It's called a bridge.

Pressure is pressure, right?

Pressure plate + bridge = a noble being elevated far above their station, followed by being brought back down to earth by common sense. And gravity.

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 08:56:25 am »

I am offended at the implication that a true dorf would ever clearcut a forest for material gain.  That he would destroy the fortress just to make some meagre amounts of glass.

A true dorf clearcuts to make the flooding and magma sprayers more predictable on the surface.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 10:48:30 am »

A true dorf clear cuts to make room for his solid Obsidian Magma spewing trees. with magma pouring out the tips of the fronds.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 11:00:39 am »

I guarantee that as soon as steam or burning booze creates considerably pressure, it will be about five minutes after the announcement that someone has a magma-and-sewer-brew based turbine.

And one minute after that, they'll invent the dwarven reactor meltdown...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 01:04:12 pm »

I am offended at the implication that a true dorf would ever clearcut a forest for material gain.  That he would destroy the fortress just to make some meagre amounts of glass.

A true dorf clearcuts to make the flooding and magma sprayers more predictable on the surface.

No. A true dorf clears the forest for no particular reason, just to annoy the elves.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 01:11:47 pm »

If there was a way to use coal to replace wind or water power, I'm sure that there would be people who'd insist on doing it.  As it is, there's no way to use non-green power sources for mechanical power.  Although I like to imagine that a properly built dwarven water reactor is somehow an abomination against nature that the elves would condemn if they understood.

I use magma for my forges, but I end up clear-cutting the forest anyway, to make pearlash for clear glass blocks and windows.
necrobump?

Nope. The actual necro was removed for... reasons.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 01:52:47 pm »

Bow-chika-wow-wow...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 06:16:04 am »

No. A true dorf clears the forest for no particular reason, just to annoy the elves.

A true dwarf uses magma to burn the land, boil the sea and build a killsat over the sky to take it away from those goddamn giant eagles.
Pages: 1 [2]