Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Megabeast stopper exploit! (Works on Clowns!!!!!!!!!)  (Read 9300 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Megabeast stopper exploit! (Works on Clowns!!!!!!!!!)
« on: May 04, 2011, 07:49:18 pm »

Well a pretty awesome Cyclops came with more than 400 kills, but after throwing a dumb woodcutter into the mountainside, he goes to the corpse strewn entrance of my fortress with the LOOOONG corridor of Maxed Steel Serrated Disc traps, but after that, he just stares. He's been doing that for almost a month.
Edit: Turns out they won't go into your fort if your door is jammed open.
Edit: Works on HFS.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:24:43 pm by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: MBs just standing in front of my fort?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 07:51:37 pm »

Is he near a door, statue, hatch cover, etc?

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:01:14 pm »

No actually, just in front of a bunch of mangled bodies and a bloody hallway full of traps.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:03:37 pm »

They're all building destroyers, so if there's anything nearby to smash or destroy (aka, anything that isn't placed via b-c) then it'll take time to break it.  Also, is there a path to the base, or did you wall off?

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:06:48 pm »

Well, there is a door all the way at the end of the corridor. And it does lead to the main housing complex of my dwarves.

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 09:19:56 pm »

I've heard lore of building destroyers being stumped by doors that have items dropped on them. The item keeps the door from closing, and the destroyers wait politely for it to close so they can have their dramatic entrance.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 11:21:36 pm »

I've heard lore of building destroyers being stumped by doors that have items dropped on them. The item keeps the door from closing, and the destroyers wait politely for it to close so they can have their dramatic entrance.
It's the silly bugs in the game that always make my day.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 11:29:53 pm »

<3's Syrup Roast's name...

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 07:14:47 am »

That's why! There's a goblin corpse keeping my door from closing! Thanks. Guess the cyclops is like the koolaid man: Unable to make an undramatic entrance.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 07:17:26 am »

You should shoot bolts at it, though.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

S4rab

• Bay Watcher
  • Hot Damn
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 07:43:10 am »

That is very effective but what about a dwarf spam :P
"From the Dark Abyss, I come. From the Very Pits of Hell, I come. The Lord of Chaos, the Dark Demon only seen in nightmares shall rise"

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 10:02:18 am »

Often invaders do stop right before your trap-ridden corridor of doom and siege you like that.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 01:42:03 pm »

It's made out of metal.
what is?
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4