Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Turning the Kalpa  (Read 104303 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2 || Plantpocalypse imminent
« Reply #390 on: December 24, 2014, 06:04:45 pm »

It's done. I can't believe it, but it's done. I still need to debug, of course, and add some other non-plant stuff, but it's over.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Plantpocalypse has arrived!
« Reply #391 on: December 25, 2014, 03:05:03 pm »

Debugging is done, and the new version is uploading. Changelog below.

Added Creatures: Lamias, Shadowrays, Trollkin, Corrupted Shades, Ayleid Guardians, Felsaad Terns, Fleshflies, Welwas, Mantikoras, Painted Trolls, Nocturnals (NOT the prince), Ancestor Moths, Bonewalkers, Bonelords, Wraiths, Toolboxes, Ilyadi
Added Inorganics: Black Soul Gems (useless for now), Quicksilver, Molybdenum, Argentum, Corundum
Sload no longer have the plague
Removed the daedra worshipper "classes"
Added [IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY] to liches (as it should have been there from the start) and all the shout secrets (so people actually go and learn them, at least until other goals actually work)
Naga added as an Argonian alternate.
And, of course, the plants.

Please note that since I am not using dfhack for this one (and I think there is no creature spawning script currently even if I was), you'll now need to use a new creature, the toolbox, that can be imported or bought on embark to create centurions and anything else of the sort. Just pasture them into the workshop and run the reaction.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 26, 2014, 05:30:03 pm »

whats the point of embarking with Nords again?
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Plantpocalypse has arrived!
« Reply #393 on: December 26, 2014, 05:45:37 pm »

You can't, unless I did something idiotic.

A quick review of the raws and in-game tests prove that embarking as nords is, in fact, impossible.

Also creating Linux and Mac versions of the mod, considering it is pre-packaged. Settled for creating a non-prepackaged version instead since I have no way of testing if it works on Linux/Mac. Uploading.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 05:59:39 pm by Deathsword »

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 26, 2014, 06:22:15 pm »

A quick review of the raws and in-game tests prove that embarking as nords is, in fact, impossible.

Also creating Linux and Mac versions of the mod, considering it is pre-packaged. Settled for creating a non-prepackaged version instead since I have no way of testing if it works on Linux/Mac. Uploading.

No i had them as pets.And am like "For vat purpose." because all they do is eat, they can't even haul anythiing.
are they supposed to be slaves?
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 26, 2014, 07:05:13 pm »

No i had them as pets.And am like "For vat purpose." because all they do is eat, they can't even haul anythiing.
are they supposed to be slaves?
You shouldn't even have them. There is no way to embark with them unless you either duped the raws or messed around with them. That said, I did find a small bug. Toolboxes are called ideal masters, so I'll be uploading a fix.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 04, 2015, 01:06:59 pm »

Found a minor bug. I'll upload a new version soon, but it can be fixed easily. Just find the file item_tes_helm.txt and delete it.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #397 on: January 08, 2015, 02:47:14 pm »

Am I the only one unable to brew booze?

I think it's doing that old bug where you couldn't brew because the still thinks you either don't have plants nor barrels.  I'm trying to stockpile the barrels (the plants are in the food stockpile) and see if that works.

ETA: Still acts like I can't brew.  The still refuses to give the option.  I'm not even getting cancellation spam.  I'll try to slog through winter as best I can, then hope whomever comes during spring has booze, assuming that Dwemer are alcohol dependent like dwarves are.

ETA: All my Dwemer have begun assigning themselves the position of tonal architect.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 02:59:32 pm by Nyxalinth »
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 08, 2015, 03:18:40 pm »

I think it's doing that old bug where you couldn't brew because the still thinks you either don't have plants nor barrels.  I'm trying to stockpile the barrels (the plants are in the food stockpile) and see if that works.

ETA: Still acts like I can't brew.  The still refuses to give the option.  I'm not even getting cancellation spam.  I'll try to slog through winter as best I can, then hope whomever comes during spring has booze, assuming that Dwemer are alcohol dependent like dwarves are.

ETA: All my Dwemer have begun assigning themselves the position of tonal architect.
I'll investigate. Dwemer aren't alcohol dependent anymore though.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #399 on: January 08, 2015, 07:11:44 pm »

I'll investigate. Dwemer aren't alcohol dependent anymore though.

Oh, thank Dagon for that, then.  I was fretting over what was going to happen when they ran out of booze.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Contagion
« Reply #400 on: April 24, 2015, 08:22:55 pm »

So, I'm finally back to working on this. First things first, I think that most plants need to be processed by a tresher before being brewed.

As for what I will actually work on, in order:

1) Diseases. The implementation I'm thinking is a small, random chance to spontaneously get it via regional interactions. Will it be balanced? Probably not. Will it even work? I have no idea. Probably will need a lot of tweaking, but it's relatively easy, if somewhat lengthy, process.

2) Alchemy. Finally going to do it. Will probably apply the potions via a workshops that will release it in an area around it.

3) DFHack. I will pretty much need it for anything else I got ideas about. Of course, I'll need to re-learn how to use it all over again.

All the while I'll add anything I haven't already from ESO as I continue my glacial progress through that, since creatures are pretty easy things to add.

I may also take breaks to work on another mod I have an idea for. But that's later.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 26, 2015, 09:02:04 am »

This mod looks very cool/interesting. i just downloaded it and look forward to trying it out? Well done Deathsword.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 26, 2015, 09:11:16 am »

Ah i just noticed that is asci graphics. I have no wish to be a pain or annoying. i don't suppose you would be up for installing Phoebus or ironhand graphics, into the prepackaged download of your mod. I used to play vanilla dwarf fortress a lot with the original graphics when i first played it four years but i guess i have been spoilt useing other graphic types in mods and so forth. just a suggestion, cheers.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Contagion
« Reply #403 on: April 26, 2015, 09:18:18 am »

Ah i just noticed that is asci graphics. I have no wish to be a pain or annoying. i don't suppose you would be up for installing Phoebus or ironhand graphics, into the prepackaged download of your mod. I used to play vanilla dwarf fortress a lot with the original graphics when i first played it four years but i guess i have been spoilt useing other graphic types in mods and so forth. just a suggestion, cheers.
The problem is that all content made by me would still be in ASCII. And I have zero graphical skills, so that won't be resolving itself any time soon either. Unless someone feels like doing the graphics, it's just not happening.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 26, 2015, 12:34:05 pm »

a fair point buddy. Meph likes helping out modders. if i knew how to help you with the graphics i would but have you considered asking Meph for help? he is a very nice and helpful guy and the creator of dwarf fortress masterwork.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:37:01 pm by mcolombe »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29