Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Turning the Kalpa  (Read 104312 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Contagion
« Reply #405 on: April 26, 2015, 04:16:04 pm »

a fair point buddy. Meph likes helping out modders. if i knew how to help you with the graphics i would but have you considered asking Meph for help? he is a very nice and helpful guy and the creator of dwarf fortress masterwork.
Meph is a busy man. He's got his mod and spends most of his time traveling on a bike across the world. He's got enough on his plate, and I won't bother him with that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Contagion
« Reply #406 on: April 26, 2015, 04:21:50 pm »

And there are plenty other graphics artists around here.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 27, 2015, 02:52:46 am »

yeah MY BAD. i just saw a message saying that he is cycling in japan. i hope he is having a good time.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #408 on: May 17, 2015, 06:15:26 am »

Of course not. Silly people.

I'm also not that great with artistry, but if you guys head over to a pixel-artist themed forum I'm sure you'll find some help. There are not that many graphics people on bay12, sadly.

Slapping on a tileset or two to this mod would be easy enough though. Only the creatures would need handmade sprites.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 17, 2015, 06:42:11 am »

Ah i just noticed that is asci graphics. I have no wish to be a pain or annoying. i don't suppose you would be up for installing Phoebus or ironhand graphics, into the prepackaged download of your mod. I used to play vanilla dwarf fortress a lot with the original graphics when i first played it four years but i guess i have been spoilt useing other graphic types in mods and so forth. just a suggestion, cheers.
The problem is that all content made by me would still be in ASCII. And I have zero graphical skills, so that won't be resolving itself any time soon either. Unless someone feels like doing the graphics, it's just not happening.
If you make a list of creatures which need sprites, I can help out. Also you can borrow anything from my old Dwemer Fortress mod.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 17, 2015, 05:56:54 pm »

Ah i just noticed that is asci graphics. I have no wish to be a pain or annoying. i don't suppose you would be up for installing Phoebus or ironhand graphics, into the prepackaged download of your mod. I used to play vanilla dwarf fortress a lot with the original graphics when i first played it four years but i guess i have been spoilt useing other graphic types in mods and so forth. just a suggestion, cheers.
The problem is that all content made by me would still be in ASCII. And I have zero graphical skills, so that won't be resolving itself any time soon either. Unless someone feels like doing the graphics, it's just not happening.
If you make a list of creatures which need sprites, I can help out. Also you can borrow anything from my old Dwemer Fortress mod.
Thanks for the offer. I'll eventually send a list to you with screenshots or descriptions. I'm still planning on making a few specific creatures for good biomes, but that's got to wait until I get a test done.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 17, 2015, 08:38:59 pm »

Deon is also another helpful guy. WELL DONE, Deon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #412 on: May 17, 2015, 08:58:06 pm »

Deon is also another helpful guy. WELL DONE, Deon.
Deon is the reason I started modding. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2015, 11:04:13 pm »

that is quite a cool fact. considering masterwork is a very cool mod indeed.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Falling Stars
« Reply #414 on: May 19, 2015, 12:12:34 pm »

Deon is the reason half this board started modding.

EDIT: I'm scrapping the diseases idea. It is just terribly clumsy and annoying.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:24:12 pm by Teneb »

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Falling Stars
« Reply #415 on: May 19, 2015, 10:59:54 pm »

fair play. all i am going to say is. HAIL DEON.

DireWolf64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Falling Stars
« Reply #416 on: August 13, 2015, 05:40:22 pm »

Hello *poke poke* Is this thread still alive? Teneb, have you discontinued this mod?
There's a fine balance of "child is suffering" and "child is dead".

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 13, 2015, 07:27:09 pm »

Hello *poke poke* Is this thread still alive? Teneb, have you discontinued this mod?
I have not discontinued it. I am just working on other stuff. Other than some incomplete features, the mod works quite well and doesn't need any maintenance until the next DF version rolls along.

DireWolf64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 16, 2015, 03:06:50 pm »

I have not discontinued it. I am just working on other stuff. Other than some incomplete features, the mod works quite well and doesn't need any maintenance until the next DF version rolls along.
Awesome, thank you for the quick response, I now realize how stupidly I phrased my question, I should have known that this mod is pretty much feature complete and "discontinuing" sounds like a stupid term to use in this context, I think I might give it another shot now, see how it's changed. I stopped playing for a while when you were dishing out updates willy-nilly (not that I´m complaining, I love good active developement) but now that it's slowed down a bit I'll be able to have some fun with one fort rather than having to start again every time an update is released.
There's a fine balance of "child is suffering" and "child is dead".

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 16, 2015, 03:56:36 pm »

Deon is the reason half this board started modding.

EDIT: I'm scrapping the diseases idea. It is just terribly clumsy and annoying.
I've just realized that I as well started modding because of Deon. Interesting.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29