Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Turning the Kalpa  (Read 104225 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - a TES mod|||V1.25
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 04:23:44 pm »

Made some changes to House Dagoth (removing armor, giving tougher flesh, making it always hostile), and uploaded the changed version. Link is in the first page.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2011, 04:44:51 pm »

Just posting because this mod needs some love.

Also, hope your work is going well. I've been looking into Modding (for the first time ever) and I've just gotten a grasp on how difficult and time-consuming it can be, although DF is, in fact, very moddable.

So, keep up your work. I'll be looking forward to it's completion.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2011, 11:13:16 am »

Working on khajiit, they'll have about 32 castes in total, counting male and female versions of each caste.

Enchanting will come up as soon as I finish the races.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2011, 01:33:59 pm »

A few ideas:

- Allow the making of armor and weaponry with chitin
- Add Daedra to the HFS (drops Daedric armor and weapons)
- Instead of "Cyrodiils" make "Imperials" who, when they send sieges, send "Legionnaires" (Legionnaire Crossbowman, Swordsman, etc.) and are equipped with steel armor or something, so they're more fearsome than goblins.
- If you decide to include the great houses as different civs (closest to TES IMO, as the houses have been at war plenty of times) then make it so that Hlaalu sends thieves to steal stuff, Redoran can send sieges (if you anger them), as can Telvanni, except that Telvanni sieges are smaller, but can shoot fireballs.
- If possible, make it so that the 6th house is always ruled by Dagoth something-or-other, preferably an excessively overpowered immortal called "Dagoth Ur". Probably not possible.

Will list more as i think of them.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2011, 02:47:13 pm »

Working on khajiit, they'll have about 32 castes in total, counting male and female versions of each caste.

Enchanting will come up as soon as I finish the races.
This news makes me very happy. (Khajiit!!)

If possible, I have two recommendations.
-Make their dodge skill and speed naturally high (I think this is possible with modding, isn't it?)
-Give them a "claw" attack for melee combat instead of scratching. Because scratching is lame and weak.

This would make me very happy, and I think it would make the mod closer to what The Elder Scrolls is.

You might already be doing both of these things, especially the first, but hey, I'm just putting it out there.

Great work so far.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2011, 03:00:31 pm »

a quick post to watch, looks really good :)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2011, 03:36:48 pm »

- Add Daedra to the HFS (drops Daedric armor and weapons)
Daedra (wich will be included into the next version) won't be in the HFS, mostly due to the fact that they'll be needed for the enchantment reactions that will also be in the next version.
- Instead of "Cyrodiils" make "Imperials" who, when they send sieges, send "Legionnaires" (Legionnaire Crossbowman, Swordsman, etc.) and are equipped with steel armor or something, so they're more fearsome than goblins.
Cyrodiil has been used to refer to the inhabitants of the same-named province in some of the games. Also, breton and cyrodiil creatures are going to be part of the same entity, wich means it can appear either of them when placing each civ.
- If possible, make it so that the 6th house is always ruled by Dagoth something-or-other, preferably an excessively overpowered immortal called "Dagoth Ur". Probably not possible.
I don't know if it is possible to make a speficic caste occupy a specific position or not, and I can't find anything in the wiki, so, for now, unfortunately no. If you are lucky, the civ leader will be an ash vampire, who are always legendary+5 fighters.
-Give them a "claw" attack for melee combat instead of scratching. Because scratching is lame and weak.
I don't think scratching, while rather strange for a combat move, is weak. I've had several adventurers that died due to being scratched on the head. Khajiit will have a few natural levels in dodge and wrestling

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2011, 04:06:20 pm »

hahah awesome.  That's a lot of castes.  Yes scratches are exceptionally powerful against unarmored opponents, but they bounce right off armor.
Nom nom nom

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2011, 11:48:12 am »

Thank you for the downloads and poll answers, but I'll have to make dunmer houses as different civs due to an idea I've had. To make all dunmer civs hostile, I'll have to use the [BABYSNATCHER] token. Lore-wise explanation: slavery.

If you find any bugs, place them here, of course.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2011, 04:27:38 pm »

The error-log is spitting out hundreds of tissue errors for all the dagoth creatures, apparently they do not have skin.  It doesn't seem to actualy be creating any problems though.
Nom nom nom

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2011, 09:58:41 pm »

The error-log is spitting out hundreds of tissue errors for all the dagoth creatures, apparently they do not have skin.  It doesn't seem to actualy be creating any problems though.

I noticed that. I have no idea why, so in order to at least keep the errorlog clean I have removed the skin. Dreugh don't seem to want to have their claws attached to their arms either, so they'll be out next version while I try to fix that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2011, 06:25:55 pm »

Shameless bump.

Also, update on next version: enchanting, daedric equipment, all races, and some other stuff will be in. Enchanting will work like this: when you defeat an atronach, they'll leave behind a specific item (fire salts for flame atronachs, frost salts for frost atronach and void salts for storm atronach) wich can then be used to enchant a metal bar. To make daedric bars, you'll need a bar of ebony, one of each atronach salt and a soul gem (wich I'm still thinking on how it'll be aquired). Ebony is rather rare, so it should limit how much daedric equipment you can have.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - a TES mod|||V1.3 ENCHANTMENT!... sort of
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2011, 07:42:46 pm »

Version 1.3 released, added enchantment (sort of), wich, for now, is limited to making daedric stuff. Also, you can now harvest clockwork metal from fallen fabricants.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2011, 01:20:11 am »

Incidentally how do all the new metals stack up? As someone who's TES knowledge ends with basic oblivion stuff, it's all kind've confusing. :P

EDIT: Also, you may have forgotten something, not sure.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:00:23 am by Seriyu »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2011, 11:28:46 am »

the imga hair style errorlog problems are due to me not finding the appropriate tags and removing them due to lack of sleep.  I guess everything else could be traced back to that.

You can also aquire soul gems from flesh atronachs when you kill them.

Either way, I'll fix this right away.

EDIT: might take a while to actually fix the two building and the reactions, unfortunately. Real Life keeps getting in the way.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:36:12 am by Deathsword »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29