Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Turning the Kalpa  (Read 104299 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Nchardahrk - a TES mod|||V1.3 ENCHANTMENT!... sort of
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2011, 03:01:33 pm »

Good to hear you're taking care of it though. No hurry.  :)

Lengry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - a TES mod|||V1.3 not that horribly bugged, actually
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2011, 07:02:46 am »

Wait, but can I play other races too?
Even in default DF you can play not as dwarves without modding. Can you tip me how can I start with other race?
I understand it will only change creatures but not mechanic, still I would prefer other race.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2011, 09:03:48 am »

Wait, but can I play other races too?
Even in default DF you can play not as dwarves without modding. Can you tip me how can I start with other race?
I understand it will only change creatures but not mechanic, still I would prefer other race.

You can't in this mod. Sorry mate. Either way, if you want to play as any race in any mod (or vanilla) all you need to do is add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to their entity file.

Might as well say it now that I am now continuing to work on this, thanks to lots of free time.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lengry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2011, 07:13:22 pm »

Thanks.
Glad to hear, TES universe is my favourite fiction right now.
Maybe I could contribute but I can only draw sprites at max.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2011, 10:17:59 pm »

I've become completely obsessed with Tamrielic lore, if you want someone to consult about obscure details of mythology, cosmology, and the like.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2011, 12:31:05 am »

Downloading, taking a look.

I'm probably going to do almost nothing but make suggestions and new shit for it :P

Alright, suggestions, I'll order these as I see them...

1. I think you should consolidate the entities into one file, if possible; I'm a lumper when it comes to these things by nature, so you may be different :P this isn't so much advice as a pet peeve.
2. You really don't need to replace item_toy, you could just add the new toys to a new file.
3. You don't need to include it in a full copy; I feel that you could have just included all of the mod files, including the replaced files, but didn't need to include the rest of the damn game.

Errors in the files:
1. creature_tes_tundra opens up with OBJECT:CREATURE, but doesn't include the actual creature, so you have an entire creature (the udyrfrykte) that will never show up because it's never declared. That's a problem.
2. creature_tes_animals doesn't have [OBJECT:CREATURE] in it at all, so you have an entire file of creatures that won't show up.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:48:38 am by Putnam »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2011, 08:24:19 am »

Downloading, taking a look.

I'm probably going to do almost nothing but make suggestions and new shit for it :P

Alright, suggestions, I'll order these as I see them...

1. I think you should consolidate the entities into one file, if possible; I'm a lumper when it comes to these things by nature, so you may be different :P this isn't so much advice as a pet peeve.
2. You really don't need to replace item_toy, you could just add the new toys to a new file.
3. You don't need to include it in a full copy; I feel that you could have just included all of the mod files, including the replaced files, but didn't need to include the rest of the damn game.

Errors in the files:
1. creature_tes_tundra opens up with OBJECT:CREATURE, but doesn't include the actual creature, so you have an entire creature (the udyrfrykte) that will never show up because it's never declared. That's a problem.
2. creature_tes_animals doesn't have [OBJECT:CREATURE] in it at all, so you have an entire file of creatures that won't show up.

Yes, those have all been fixed by now, but thanks for pointing those out anyway. Next version will probably have a download option for just the RAWs. That item_toy thing was a side-effect of me experimenting with reactions.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TicklemeFeather

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
    • TicklemeFTR's Simple G19 keyboard GUI
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2011, 09:55:39 pm »

I've always had the idea of creating a TES mod for DF for quite some time, except I never got round to doing it due to real life stuff.

Kudos on starting it and I'll probably be watching this project for quite a bit, Good luck :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 10:02:49 pm by TicklemeFeather »
DF as a game is the equivalent of sitting down and having a conversation with the homeless guy in the park who screams about flying children trying to rip his skin off.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2011, 07:48:50 pm »

Downloading to have a look, and to follow :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2012, 12:42:41 am »

Oh my.

You could have declared all the Khajiit castes first, then chose two at a time--male and female-- when defining them. It would have saved a lot of space.

EDIT: A typo in the reactions:

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:FIRE:1:TOY:SALT_TESINORGANIC:FIRE_TES]Which should be:
[REAGENT:FIRE:1:TOY:SALT_TES:INORGANIC:FIRE_TES]
Other issues, including incorrect reaction form:

[REAGENT:BAR:1:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[REAGENT:BAR:1:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC_BRASS]

should be:

[REAGENT:BRONZE:150:BAR:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[REAGENT:BRASS:150:BAR:INORGANIC:BRASS]

And so on similarly for the whole file. Bars are 150, not 1.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:52:02 am by Putnam »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2012, 08:33:09 pm »

I'm completely remaking those reactions, I was quite a newbie when it came to reactions when I made those.

Regarding the khajiit, yeah my RAWs are messy.

Still working on this, but it's going slowly since I'm trying to make falmer and forsworn match their Skyrim counterparts, and I'm working another mod as a side-project.

Lengry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2012, 07:54:10 pm »

I know khajiits aren't even planned as part of the actual game, but for a future notice, you should be able to change their sub-breed somehow before embarking because if you end up with feral ones - you are fucked because no one can do anything without hands ;D
But those breeds included really add for an immersion. Using feral tigers as militia, using humanoid ones for work.
Not sure if they should be carnivorous, but I really hope there's way to grow moon sugar and make skooma.
Moon sugar khajiit's plantation - superb game plan to RP.
Thanks for the mod.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2012, 08:56:27 pm »

I'm working on a little bugfix version without any of the new stuff I made. But because of this wonderful thing I call an internet connection, I can't upload stuff as it'll cause it to d/c. I'll place it up whenever I manage to get this sorted out.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - a TES mod|||V1.3b Bugfix release.
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2012, 12:55:10 pm »

Realeased a bugfix version, 1.3b. Everything should be working, I think.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Dwemer Fortress (a TES mod) pre-release thread
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2012, 01:56:30 pm »

Truly, if you are going to do them any justice, the Dwemer should be mechanist in feel.  There should be many reactions that you can do with gears and widgets, and many "workshops" which serve no discernible purpose except to invite wonder and possibly train skills (like the telescopes)

Also they should have Bronze, Brass, and any other yellow metals guaranteed somehow in worldgen.  They just wouldn't feel right without it.

And if you're going to put in the Imperials, you NEED the Nords, as they're the original human race from which all others descended.  And who doesn't love Khajiit? You can even have multiple Khajiiti castes ranging from the Alfiq (kitty cats) to Ohmes (man-faced) all the way to the Senche-raht (6 foot tall quadrupedal WAR CAT!).  Plus, Skooma.
Also, give them [ADOPTS_OWNER], for the lulz.
Nothing better then merchants wandering into your fort and becoming the pets of your expedition leader.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29