Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Nchardahrk - an Elder Scrolls mod V2.1 || Turning the Kalpa  (Read 103757 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

READ THIS FIRST: This mod was made when I was still learning to mod and contains various bugs and aborted ideas. Thus, if you download it expect problems. As of writing this (18/03/2016) I am working on the Warhammer Fantasy mod, but do not worry: I plan to restart this mod from scratch. When I start doing that, I shall start a new thread with the ideas I have for it. Thank you for your hypothetical understanding and support.

0.40.x version - Prepackaged (Windows only)
0.40.x version - Basic (any OS)
Legacy 0.34.11 version
(PLEASE READ THE NOTES FURTHER BELOW)

If you are using the basic version, please DELETE your raw folder before pasting the contents onto your df folder.

Exactly what it says on the tin.

As you may have already guessed, you play as the dwemer (in a scenario in wich they haven't disappeared).

There is be some comentary in the raws, in case anyone likes to read that. Mostly notes from putnam and some reminders I made for myself, plus some useless banter or in where a creature first appeared.

NOTE FOR THOSE PLAYING THE 0.40.x VERSIONS!: Since I think the patching utility I used to change certain strings in-game is incompatible with the newer versions of the game (correct me if it is indeed compatible), there are certain things you should make note of, specifically that Strand Extraction is now used for Enchanting. Furthermore, toolboxes (a domestic creature) are now required to spawn creatures.

HOW TO INSTALL: The mod is prepackaged. This means all you have to do is extract it.

Credits:
-Narhiril, for allowing me to use her weapons.
-Putnam for updating the mod to 0.34.7 and correcting many bugs and horrible mistakes of mine, help and feedback, making the Tamriel worldgen and allowing me to use part of his code.
-Deon for advice, pointing out bugs and his mod, Genesis, which inspired me into learning how to mod DF in the first place.
-Meph for allowing me to use a bit of his code.

If you have any ideas, please feel free to share them.

As always, report any bugs you find.

IMPORTANT: Worldgen may reset quite a few times due to the high number of civs. There isn't much I can do about it.

Also by me: D&D Content Pack
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 05:15:22 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk (a TES mod)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 05:39:54 pm »

Spoiler: FEATURES (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:17:10 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Dwemer Fortress (a TES mod) pre-release thread
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 05:54:32 pm »

Reserved for how completely awesome this sounds.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 06:25:40 pm »

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:09:23 pm by Deathsword »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 06:37:09 pm »

Truly, if you are going to do them any justice, the Dwemer should be mechanist in feel.  There should be many reactions that you can do with gears and widgets, and many "workshops" which serve no discernible purpose except to invite wonder and possibly train skills (like the telescopes)

Also they should have Bronze, Brass, and any other yellow metals guaranteed somehow in worldgen.  They just wouldn't feel right without it.

And if you're going to put in the Imperials, you NEED the Nords, as they're the original human race from which all others descended.  And who doesn't love Khajiit? You can even have multiple Khajiiti castes ranging from the Alfiq (kitty cats) to Ohmes (man-faced) all the way to the Senche-raht (6 foot tall quadrupedal WAR CAT!).  Plus, Skooma.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 06:45:49 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 06:42:41 pm »

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:09:43 pm by Deathsword »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 06:46:13 pm »

Also, a helpful link for you, which you probably already have:
Dwemer Lore

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 03:40:25 am »

You can also borrow some ideas from my "Dwemer Fortress" mod because I don't plan to update it at least for a week. I have a pretty weird modding schedule (Shadowrun->Genesis update->Wasteland update to 0.31.25->Dwemer fortress update->Legends of Faerun update).

Could I ask you to change the name somehow? I am sure it will be confusing to have two mods with the same names :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 11:45:37 am »

You can also borrow some ideas from my "Dwemer Fortress" mod because I don't plan to update it at least for a week. I have a pretty weird modding schedule (Shadowrun->Genesis update->Wasteland update to 0.31.25->Dwemer fortress update->Legends of Faerun update).

Could I ask you to change the name somehow? I am sure it will be confusing to have two mods with the same names :).
I wonder how I missed that. Still, will change name. Mind if I borrow the soils from genesis?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Nchardahrk - a TES mod|||pre-release thread
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 01:19:57 pm »

Go ahead :). The sooner we get a TES mod, the more TES-loving people will have joy :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 01:28:22 pm »

How did I miss your mod, Deon?!  You even have all the Vvardenfell foliage, looks like... could use some mushroom trees, tho.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 01:29:55 pm »

I somehow stopped working on it (mainly there was not a lot of interest), I actually had 1.0 on my HDD for a long time with shroom trees and a few more animals, but I've never uploaded it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 01:38:02 pm »

That's cause I wasn't here yet! And Deathsword!

Dwemer are my most favorite treatment of fantasy steam-tech, with the Dwarves from Arcanum a close second.

I look forward to synthesizing both these mods into one, grand, beautiful TESperience.

And look forward to a Tamriel worldgen output in a bit... once I can actually find a good heightmap and get it all painted right with PerfectWorld.  I'd offer other kinds of help but theres only three things I'm good at with DF modding: Merging mods into one big happy family, Testing mods and freaking out when something weird happens, and making PerfectWorld maps ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:41:15 pm by Jeoshua »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 02:29:41 pm »

Oh, that sounds great. Will you be able to make a Middle Earth map in the future for my Middle Earth mod update when it comes? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 02:44:21 pm »

Possibly, if I can find a good heightmap for that, too.

I found a map of Tamriel, but it's excessively large, 16-bit, and generally unsuitable for DF... unless I tweak it a bit.  I might have to install Oblivion to grab it out of these files, here, since it's for an Oblivion mod that adds the rest of the world as walkable terrain (even if it isn't actually populated with anything).

Unfortunately I seem to no longer have the Oblivion disks, and don't particularly feel like pirating the game.  If anyone else has Oblivion and knows how to use TES Construction Kit to export a height map, maybe?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 03:23:28 pm by Jeoshua »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29