Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Dwarfs!? - New casual indie game on Steam  (Read 63278 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs!? - New casual indie game on Steam
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2011, 12:59:27 pm »

I played the demo and it couldn't hold my interest, but free giveaways are ridiculous bonus points for the devs. While I won't be playing Dawrfs?! I did want to say thanks on behalf of the community here.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

nomet

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a dwarfs and i'm digging a hole...
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2011, 01:13:44 pm »

:) It's ok I can understand Dwarfs!? is not for everyone it's also a diffrent mind set. It's not building your base more Chaos control until the end :P
I'm a dwarfs and i'm digging a hole...

nomet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2011, 01:58:12 pm »

That said I'm a big fan om building things that last as well. Deep and advanced strategy games is one of my favorite genre. So there might be some updates with a Dwarfs!? mode more focused on building and less on chaos control.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2011, 02:22:26 pm »

heres an idea i just thought of.

How about poison gas you could find in caves that spreads to a certain amount, then stops and just hovers around, but to remove it you would have to train a special dwarf or something and he could remove each block of poison gas very slowly? That might add atleast -some- more depth to the game.
Also, how about a building that could be built thats like a refinery, that you could upgrade and increases the amount of gold you get per mineral?

nomet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2011, 02:32:50 pm »

The new mode i'm thinking about would have gas and more buildings and hopefully more levels.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2011, 02:46:03 pm »

I'm glad to see the over whelming majority of the bay12 community are supporting the Indie Master Race (IMR).

When I saw some of the posts on the Steam User Forums from people claiming that "Dwarfs!" and "Delve Deeper" were ripping off Dwarf Fortress for them all sharing some generic fantasy themes I wanted to rage punch my computer screen.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2011, 02:52:50 pm »

Well, I had quite a lot of fun playing this today :P especially when I found I could discover countless hidden rooms that weren't marked out even implicitly on the overhead view.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2011, 06:54:36 pm »

Yeah this is an awesome game, and I'm definatly looking forward to the "building focused" mode if only to see how it turns out. My games always go well up until I have about fifty diggers running around and getting into trouble, usually ending with like three water/lava caves being opened simultainiously.

TheGrayShow1467

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2011, 03:56:52 pm »

I tried the codes but they don't work. :'(
Could you e-mail me one

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2011, 05:23:13 pm »

I don't understand why you'd give away so many codes Nomet. I can see 10 or 15 but that is a ton. 

Hopefully you've made enough off the game that those codes don't matter. I played the demo and the game was worth a few bucks, after your show of generosity I'll have to go out and buy it.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2011, 05:37:00 pm »

I tried the codes but they don't work. :'(
Could you e-mail me one

They are probably already all used. Buy the game, it's worth it and it costs nothing, AND it supports two good guys.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2011, 05:49:13 pm »

I wasn't going to buy the game, then I played  the demo and read this thread. Now its a definite buy( After Terraria and Warhammer 40k:Dawn of War Retribution)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2011, 06:02:33 pm »

I wasn't going to buy the game, then I played  the demo and read this thread. Now its a definite buy( After Terraria and Warhammer 40k:Dawn of War Retribution)

Haven't tried Terraria, so can't comment on it, but definitely get this before Retribution. It's a much more fun game than Ret is.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2011, 07:53:04 pm »

GAH! Evidently I shoulda followed this thread closer...

Constructively: I really enjoyed the demo?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:59:34 pm by Alehkhs »

nomet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2011, 10:41:30 am »

I don't understand why you'd give away so many codes Nomet. I can see 10 or 15 but that is a ton. 

Hopefully you've made enough off the game that those codes don't matter. I played the demo and the game was worth a few bucks, after your show of generosity I'll have to go out and buy it.

Yes we have made a profit on it so we are thankfully not living on the streets begging for food.  We are  Working on a big update for the game that will be free for all who already owns the game when we release it. We think it's important to show gratitude to everyone that supports our studio and games :).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10