Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Dwarfs!? - New casual indie game on Steam  (Read 63277 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs!? - New casual indie game on Steam
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2011, 10:48:53 am »

Any plans for your next game yet?  I'm curious to see what else you guys might make.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2011, 03:52:52 pm »

I don't understand why you'd give away so many codes Nomet. I can see 10 or 15 but that is a ton. 

Hopefully you've made enough off the game that those codes don't matter. I played the demo and the game was worth a few bucks, after your show of generosity I'll have to go out and buy it.

Yes we have made a profit on it so we are thankfully not living on the streets begging for food.  We are  Working on a big update for the game that will be free for all who already owns the game when we release it. We think it's important to show gratitude to everyone that supports our studio and games :).

Well, I think you are crazy, but I will be buying your game now. The demo was fun enough and the good will pushed me over the edge.

nomet

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a dwarfs and i'm digging a hole...
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2011, 04:36:06 am »

Any plans for your next game yet?  I'm curious to see what else you guys might make.  :)

Yes I will make sure to post here when we announce it :)
I'm a dwarfs and i'm digging a hole...

LemmingKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2011, 04:29:03 pm »

Well, it is a top down micromanagement game that gives you indirect control of a small population, and your primary objective is the survival of this population by handling problems such as food supplies, water levels, and invaders. It also has noticeably simplistic graphics, so much so that they are hard to read if you are not accustom to such games.

Now there are several games I could be describing here, DF being one of them. I'm sure that this game took other influences aswell! But the fact that this game adds another layer of similarities by making it a population of dwarves, and has what is almost a trademark of DF, magma, it makes me wonder maybe the developers were trying to ride on Toady's coat tails.

I know this is old but I just had to comment! This is horrible, I bet you haven't even played the demo when you said this. There are no food supplies, the art style is simple because it's an ARCADE GAME! It's not some fancy smancy game with bloom or cell shading 3D effects, it's simplistic. Water is blue because water is blue, it can be murky but it's blue. If dwarfs and magma was to be always referred to DF and everyone criticized a new game just because it has these then what is the point of making a new game? Give these guys a break, they made a small neat game that is fun to play when you only have 5 minutes to spare or just want to shut down communication and be alone for a bit.
Anyways sorry I quoted a old post but it was driving me crazy.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2011, 04:32:16 pm »

I gotta say, played the demo and thought it was fun enough for a purchase.  Nice casual game.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2011, 05:59:13 pm »

I'm late, but why did you dump all these game codes on us in that massive act of generosity?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2011, 06:42:47 pm »

Bought this game a while back and I consider it well worth the money.  Add in the generosity of giving that many codes out for free and you've got yourselves someone who'll buy pretty much anything you guys put out now.

Is there anywhere I can read up on this update, or is it yet to be officially announced?

They are probably already all used. Buy the game, it's worth it and it costs nothing, AND it supports two good guys.

That's a bit of a lie, isn't it?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:47:47 pm by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2011, 08:23:01 pm »

They are probably already all used. Buy the game, it's worth it and it costs nothing, AND it supports two good guys.

10$ is basically nothing...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2011, 08:26:37 pm »

Depends on how much money you have. $10 is a week's eating for me.
*Hugs*

nomet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2011, 06:39:32 am »

I'm late, but why did you dump all these game codes on us in that massive act of generosity?

We felt like showing some respect here cause there was a lot of flame on our forum regarding Dwarfs!? being a "rip off clone using the fame of dwarfs fortress". We where hoping to show that we are nice guys who just love to make games. And we credited DF as something that inspired us not something we considered we ripped off.

nomet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2011, 06:44:55 am »

Bought this game a while back and I consider it well worth the money.  Add in the generosity of giving that many codes out for free and you've got yourselves someone who'll buy pretty much anything you guys put out now.

Is there anywhere I can read up on this update, or is it yet to be officially announced?

Happy that you like the game :)

We are soon going to announce the things we are working on. We where thinking of adding a video dev dairy to talk about the game development and why we make the decisions we make so all who is interested can see the development. But yes the new updates are not officially announced yet. The reason being that we don't want to promise something that we can't deliver. We want to know that we can keep the promises we give.

nomet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2011, 06:45:49 am »

If that is the case then give me a message on the forum and I will give you a free copy of the game :)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2011, 11:06:14 am »

We are soon going to announce the things we are working on. We where thinking of adding a video dev dairy to talk about the game development and why we make the decisions we make so all who is interested can see the development. But yes the new updates are not officially announced yet. The reason being that we don't want to promise something that we can't deliver. We want to know that we can keep the promises we give.

I can hardly wait :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2011, 11:11:46 am »

If that is the case then give me a message on the forum and I will give you a free copy of the game :)

Thats... just... awesome. :)
Don't have the game yet, but this alone makes me wanna buy it instantly! ^^ +1

nomet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2011, 05:32:30 am »

Thats... just... awesome. :)
Don't have the game yet, but this alone makes me wanna buy it instantly! ^^ +1

:)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10