Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about Modding Adventuremode reactions  (Read 587 times)

tilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about Modding Adventuremode reactions
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:33:29 pm »

How would I go about modding in a reaction that would make bone arrows out of butched bones in adventure mode using the "x" create menu? I am currently playing Genesis Reborn and noticed that you can make a bone bow but not bone arrows and would very much like to have some kind of fletching ability whether it be from bones or a more complicated mod of smashing two rocks to create 30 arrow heads and 1 log(made possible with ADVFORT) to create 30 arrow shafts and combine those two to make arrows. (feathers a step further but i'd have to butcher some birds first to get that far) Can any one help me please?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Modding Adventuremode reactions
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 11:52:41 pm »

Reactions take a bit to learn, but they aren't as hard as other things in game such as creating creatures or interactions, in my opinion.

A bone arrow reaction similar to the ones in Genesis would look something like this:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CARVE_BONE_ARROWS_ADV]
[NAME:carve bone arrows]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:rock:1:ROCK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:bones:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
[PRODUCT:100:15:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:bones:NONE]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]
This reaction will require a single small rock and a stack of bones and will output 15 bone arrows. This can be changed to output more or less by altering the number 15 in the product line.

For making reactions for yourself, I'd recommend looking around in the wiki page for reactions and the item token page for items to use in reaction reagents and products. I'm not confident that I would be able to write a comprehensible guide on reactions.

tilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Modding Adventuremode reactions
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 09:28:54 am »

Reactions take a bit to learn, but they aren't as hard as other things in game such as creating creatures or interactions, in my opinion.

A bone arrow reaction similar to the ones in Genesis would look something like this:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CARVE_BONE_ARROWS_ADV]
[NAME:carve bone arrows]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:rock:1:ROCK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:bones:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
[PRODUCT:100:15:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:bones:NONE]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]
This reaction will require a single small rock and a stack of bones and will output 15 bone arrows. This can be changed to output more or less by altering the number 15 in the product line.

For making reactions for yourself, I'd recommend looking around in the wiki page for reactions and the item token page for items to use in reaction reagents and products. I'm not confident that I would be able to write a comprehensible guide on reactions.

Thank you so much. I appreciate this a lot.