Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: totally alone start out. anydoby know how? (basically parent civ dies out)  (Read 550 times)

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

first off, thank you if you have any info on this topic to get me on my way.

I've been messing around with advanced world gen trying to get my mountain home slaughtered or dies out, so I get no caravans and no help.  I've already worked it so that the elves and humans do not trade with me.  I believe dwarf caravans are hardcoded as long as the parent civ is still alive.  So if any ideas on how I can ensure home civ death or what else you all think would help would be appreciated.

basically I want my dwarves all alone against everything.  no help, little hope, total wall of enemies.

thank you again if your able to point me in the right direction.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Open entity_default.txt

delete [ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN]. Done, no more caravans.

Then set the population cap in the init to 10 or so. No more migrants, except the 2 initial waves, which are hardcoded.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet, thank you m8

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile

An alternate way to ensure the death of your civilization is to set the maxage of your dwarves to zero before genning the world. After it's done set it back to normal and you'll never see any migrants beyond the first year's worth.