Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Draw the artifact of the above poster.  (Read 11830 times)

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw the artifact of the above poster.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 04:12:28 am »

That's one blingin' anvil. I think I got all of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
how about this one?
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

S4rab

• Bay Watcher
  • Hot Damn
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 04:51:04 am »

That's one blingin' anvil. I think I got all of it.

When I first read the anvil one I gave up trying to do it, That my friend is a bloody good picture, I would Draw your Axe but again I gave up should be doing Uni stuff :P
"From the Dark Abyss, I come. From the Very Pits of Hell, I come. The Lord of Chaos, the Dark Demon only seen in nightmares shall rise"

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 07:57:12 am »

how about this one?

Couldn't color it, so you'll miss the details, like de iron edge, or the gems encrusted below the skull. Still, I liked it! Ah, and I didn't draw a whole maple, just its leaves. I thought it looked better. Again, it's not very intuitive because of the whole black and white thing.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 08:43:37 am by Elderont »

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 08:01:07 am »

I don't have a artifact image in this laptop, so I'll let someone esle post it. :P

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 08:12:46 am »

You could just type one out :)

Sweet pic btw!
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 08:34:39 am »

Well, let me get the description of a Adamantine Scepter I got in one of my fortress.

"This is a Raw Adamantine Scepter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled  with bands of Andesite, Honet Yellow Beryl, Emerald and Wax opal. This object is adorned with hanging rings of tentacle demon bone and menaces with spikes of Emerald. On the item is an image of a cloud in Raw adamantine.
On the item is an image of Utes Menacedtrusted the demon in tentacle demon bone. Utes Menacedtrusted is striking a menacing pose. The artwork relates to the release of the demon Utes Menacedtrusted by careless miners in the deepest recesses of Tubechambers in the midspring of 228.
On the item is a image of a lizard in cave spider silk."

Btw, this is THE coolest artifact I ever got. It was back in 40d and right after I breached -fun- the mason went nuts and started picking the raw adamantine i dumped next to his shop (I dind't planned that).  It was named "Egenazon Osreshlikot, Gifteddepress the Mortified Ink", and is worth 783.600 dwarf bucks.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 01:10:51 pm »

zephyr_hound, I couldn't have requested a better image of my fort's second most valuable artifact (the most valuable is an adamantine pick valued at over 1.1 million dorfbucks I'd missed).

And Elderont, even black and white that's an excellent bone axe. Definitely makes me rethink how awesome bone artifacts can be.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 02:25:18 pm »

Well, let me get the description of a Adamantine Scepter I got in one of my fortress.

"This is a Raw Adamantine Scepter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled  with bands of Andesite, Honet Yellow Beryl, Emerald and Wax opal. This object is adorned with hanging rings of tentacle demon bone and menaces with spikes of Emerald. On the item is an image of a cloud in Raw adamantine.
On the item is an image of Utes Menacedtrusted the demon in tentacle demon bone. Utes Menacedtrusted is striking a menacing pose. The artwork relates to the release of the demon Utes Menacedtrusted by careless miners in the deepest recesses of Tubechambers in the midspring of 228.
On the item is a image of a lizard in cave spider silk."

Btw, this is THE coolest artifact I ever got. It was back in 40d and right after I breached -fun- the mason went nuts and started picking the raw adamantine i dumped next to his shop (I dind't planned that).  It was named "Egenazon Osreshlikot, Gifteddepress the Mortified Ink", and is worth 783.600 dwarf bucks.
Rarra, so many small details! But hell, your damned fine axe drawing inspired me. I can't do free-hand very well, so you'll have to do with a sprite. :P

Freud was right.

>.>

<.<

But, in the spirit of keeping this excellent thread alive...

I'm interested in seeing how one would make a floodgate out of dog bone, which somehow refers to two other artifacts, one of which coming from a previous fort in the same world!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 02:59:31 pm »

Quote from: Artifact
The Lost Assault the platinum crossbow

Where's the picture of that? That name just sounds like it's a horribly awesome weapon of killmazing.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 03:07:00 pm »

Can't be assed drawing it myself, but here's the description, for those who are interested. :P

It even has a few kills, courtesy of my hunter at that fort.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 06:14:23 pm »

Can't be assed drawing it myself, but here's the description, for those who are interested. :P

It even has a few kills, courtesy of my hunter at that fort.

I have a very poor rendition of it, will upload soon!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 06:35:43 pm »

My rendition of the crossbow:

it's not that good, my dwarves look like they have horns lol

and here is my artifact (i forget the name, it's from a long-lost fort)

ETA: for the record, I know the really isn't an artifact per se, but I was so amused by the goblin leader of te dwarves I couldn't resist.  The only other option was a crappy phyllite amulet that menaced with spikes of same.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:44:40 pm by Nyxalinth »
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Greedish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 09:20:05 pm »

hydrA_69

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 05:01:20 pm »

Best Cabinet EVER!!! LOL cant wait too see the pics :D
OBTW this took like 4 Month to make....Lazy Dwarf

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 05:52:01 pm »

I'm interested in seeing how one would make a floodgate out of dog bone, which somehow refers to two other artifacts, one of which coming from a previous fort in the same world!

I'm much better with paper and pencil, but this thread inspired me to drag my old Wacom out of hiding and get my hands creaking again.  It's a bit sketchy, but I think it captures the spirit of the thing.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:53:34 pm by ledgekindred »
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3