Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 167986 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 11:47:06 pm »

Torrents don't automatically mean wearing eye patches and plundering gold, silly.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2011, 11:49:39 pm »

I know.
Its better to be slightly too careful and laughed at later than not enough, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Greyejoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2011, 09:52:05 am »

Hey guys, oldish thread being dragged up for the announcement of the first Kenshi release today. The demo is out now, and the purchase link will be out shortly on the Lo-Fi games website and Desura for $10 USD.

The developer selected about a dozen or so people to do some secret beta testing, and luckily I was one of them. The game is looking to be damn good once more is added. Over the last few days I've been messing around with it, I've had some great inspiration to write stories about some of the encounters in game. There isn't too much added in to do currently (being release version .20 and all), but if development continues the way it has, it should be a great game. As with several purchasing models currently, the price will rise with each version, but you get all updates for free once it is purchased.
If you had necromancy powers, this would be a pretty solid way to prank people.
A creepy old man runs up to you and suddenly the skin in your backpack tries to kill you? High Octane Nightmare Fuel much.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 10:30:53 am »

The game doesn't run on my computer. I'm running Vista.
Nothing important here, move along.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 10:31:22 am »

Get me interested enough to download the Demo. Get me interested enough to look deeper...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 10:55:27 am »

This game, like Blockade Runner, has my interest but still hasn't hit the point in development where I can say with certainty that it's worth spending money on.

Posting to watch.
... and then it explodes!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2011, 12:07:33 pm »

Downloading the demo now, this game definitely looks promising if the trailer is anything to judge by.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2011, 01:00:58 pm »

Nice to see so many seeders on the torrent.

Link for the lazy:
http://www.lofigames.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=224&Itemid=65

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2011, 01:19:27 pm »

I tried the demo, but between crashing and bad ui I'll just be watching this for now.
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2011, 01:37:21 pm »

Sounds fantastic. A samurai, squad based, Mount and Blade? As fun as that sounds I think he'd make more money were he to market the dream reader he used on me for this.

As soon as it has more content I'm going to be all over this. Roleplaying Guts, in particular, will provide hours of enjoyment.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2011, 08:59:52 am »

Runs pretty smoothly for me, although the UI is at almost DF levels of unfriendliness.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2011, 09:33:56 am »

Runs pretty smoothly for me, although the UI is at almost DF levels of unfriendliness.
Eh, I haven't had any issues really. It's a bit bulky, but it gives you what you need to know. The only thing I really take issue with is the lack of indication whether you're in block mode or not.

...to anyone playing: F5 frequently.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2011, 01:20:26 pm »

I was going to wait until you could buy again, but since the thread is already back, I updated the OP with the Demo.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2011, 02:33:49 pm »

Interesting... posting to watch. 

The fact that you guys are comparing it to jagged alliance AND mount&blade, is a big + to it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2011, 10:39:08 am »

So I bit the bullet and shelled out the 10 bucks, ive been playing for a few hours, got a squad of 8 hunchbacks roaming the desert looking for fights and trading robot parts (!?) between settlements.  The mount and blade comparison definately applies, kitting out all my goons with stuff is fun, wound system is good, lvl up system ditto.  has updated 7 times in the last few days, cutting down on the crashing.  This game is a fair bit of fun as is, and has the potential to be awesome, well worth checking out.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 68