Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 166228 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2011, 12:59:52 pm »

Meh, put in the 10 dollars, the fact that it pays for the game and updates down the line just like Unreal World is the clincher.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2011, 01:50:20 pm »

This sounds amazing. It's exactly what I want in a game!

Edit: I was actually hoping for a free rougelike. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:00:13 pm by klingon13524 »
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2011, 02:32:08 pm »

a free roguelike.
There are a ton of those, you don't need to hope for one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2011, 02:34:04 pm »

the idea of this game is pretty cool,is there an other games like this?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2011, 06:15:45 pm »

the idea of this game is pretty cool,is there an other games like this?

Mount & Blade is similar-ish and more complete, but it's also had more development time put in and is more feature complete.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2011, 06:10:06 am »

Downloaded the demo, ran nice and smoothly. Threw in my £6.49 immediately.

I'm interested to see where the development is going to go from here in the short term. I had quite a lot of fun with this over the weekend, getting people killed, doing some trading and wandering about the desert.

Interestingly not doing a lot of killing myself ...

My main source of income is robbing the corpses that are littered about the place, which also seem to be the best source of equipment. Although I got enough cash together to do some lucrative trade runs, Luxury Goods from Sol 'Brink' to Barnard's Star 'Traders Something-or-other' was netting me a huge return.

I coped okay with the UI, but there are a few glitches at the moment.

Hopefully the game will move forward from here quite quickly, but ultimately I bought in to this to support the long term goals, which I am excited about.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2011, 06:33:32 pm »

Chris had a voting topic on the forum. Even though Multi-Threading won, he decided it would be a better idea to get more features in before he worries about being able to support huge armies and such.

The line he's on right now, basically once he completes one thing will allow him to work on the next:
Sleeping + healing -> leading to carrying your wounded -> leading to buying buildings -> research + crafting

Actually, the best loot I think can only be bought from stores at the moment. Edge Walkers tend to have the best cutting weapons, while Rags have the best blunt weapons and armor. Chris has said that in the future you will only be able to get the best equipment by crafting them yourself.

Here's the other stuff that was on the voting list:
  • Simple jobs + missions, dialogue
  • Add endurance and fitness elements (easy)
  • More factions and enemies, variety and intelligence
  • Multi-threading (means that performance will skyrocket and we can have whole armies running around) (big job)

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2011, 07:06:00 pm »

Does anyone know other games like this? :) and i have mount and blade

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2011, 07:28:17 pm »

Does anyone know other games like this? :) and i have mount and blade

Uhhh... uhhh... uhhh... uhhh... uhhh...

... Adventure mode?

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2011, 09:39:42 pm »

Mount and blade with mods?  it really depends on what you mean by other games like this.  If you mean freeroaming open world type stuff there isnt really much with graphics if you dont want to play something like skyrim (or other rpg).  Ditto to squad based melee fighters.  Frankly I think this kind of sandbox thing is an unfilled niche in the gaming world big enough to drive trucks though
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2011, 10:36:51 pm »

I think its less unfilled and more poorly done...its hard to do right though without creating massive boredom to repetition

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2011, 10:45:03 am »

At first I put off by this mainly due to the Eastern themes, I thought it was going to be one of those terrible "Western Samurai Movie" kinda deals. However this has it's own unique little theme going on (Samurai Punk?).

I was drawn straight in after the trailer, it was the animations, they were just so great to watch. The parts where they're casually walking around town like they own it and the way they would sprint into battle swords drawn, glorious.

I think its less unfilled and more poorly done...its hard to do right though without creating massive boredom to repetition
I would have to fully agree with you here. Although Mount and Blade has shown that although it can be rather repetitive and boring at times nothing draws people back like solid combat.

EDIT: How has everyone been buying this? Directly off the site or on Desura? Which one would promise me better services in the future? Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:51:41 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2011, 10:58:07 am »

I bought it right off the site, partly because when I bought it, it wasn't available on Desura, and partly because that way more of the money goes to the developer (right?). No idea about the 'better services in the future' bit -- there's no multiplayer or anything, unlocks via registration key, and updates itself. I don't see any advantages to buying on Desura.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2011, 11:07:43 am »

I was talking more about download availability now and the future. I guess I couldn't have worded that worse.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2011, 11:41:09 am »

As long as there is progress, it'll probably be available direct.

Desura, will probably have it for awhile if work on Kenshi stops, but if it closes down...  it may become available direct, depending if such an arrangement(list of Kenshi buyers) can be made in the 'chaos of closing down'.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 68