Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 166214 times)

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 11:53:12 am »

Will the game be moddable?

Yes, the game is totally data driven and will be released with the same editors that are used to make the game.

I'm in. Though I don't see why they skipped on the magic, they could easily make it a non-cliche and a non-chosen-one kind of magic system if they wanted to. And I love me some magic. Guess I'll see if that's moddable too.

My guess is that they skipped it because of balance issues and time.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 12:34:47 pm »

last time i played this it was terribad, but that had to be more than a year ago.

hopefully it changed.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 12:48:54 pm »

eh, the next release sounds like the first "playable" release that might actually be enjoyable. I would wait until then to try it, i tried it way back and while its got a lot of potential its not a "game" yet.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 11:08:26 am »

Good news, the site has a bit more news on it. A trailer < http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXcuZV77UJY&feature=player_embedded > and release info: October for 10 Euros.
OP updated.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:15:29 am by MasterFancyPants »
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 11:26:12 am »

Only a simple mind can be certain.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 11:29:43 am »

Posting to keep interest on this. I am liking what I see in the trailer, but from the dev blog on the first release it looks like I'd be better off waiting six months after the initial release to get into this. Big issue for me would be the performance hit he speaks about, given I do not really have that good of a rig at the moment I'd just be buying a game that I can not even play.

Seriously though, if the pathfinding and performance and all that is solved I'll definitely be buying this, even if it is just roaming around with a gang of desert samurai beating up other roaming desert samurai for loot it'll be fun. But I have to say I'm impressed with the fact there is supposed to be a way to create your own town and a faction, I could see some great community games coming out of this if we get any round-robin games going.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 11:33:53 am »

Oh hey, this is still going. Cool.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 02:59:20 pm »

The 10 euros is for a license of the game FOREVER right?  Not like what unreal world does with like 5 dollars per version.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 03:55:33 pm »

The 10 euros is for a license of the game FOREVER right?  Not like what unreal world does with like 5 dollars per version.
I would assume, Unreal World is the only game I've ever seen that charges per version, plus 10 Euros is a discounted price which seems to imply that you are buying it forever.
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 04:00:38 pm »

WELL, Blockade Runner will give updates untill the end of the year and I think a discount on next year's model with each purchase. Private servers with old models should be possible, and the version (4?) weeks out of date is free to play, possibly with some conveiniences removed.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 04:26:27 pm »

Wait, do I understand this right: Pre-Alpha release scheduled for October 2011?
It looks like a great idea, but its execution seems kind of dull right now.
*checking out site*
Again this is a big job that will take a month or two, and I really don't want to do it, so my plan is to wait until Kenshi is making enough sales and I'll hire another programmer to do it for me.
Is it just me, or does this seem like a really bad policy? I'm not a game producer or anything, but I know that strategy won't get much done.

OK, here's the big part.
I'm really not sure if I'd pay that much for a pre-alpha demo. The game is very attractive in theory, but its production is just way too slow. He doesn't seem very passionate about his project.

I'll make it extra clear, the development progress so far is like this:
Programming: 25%
Art : 1%
I found this amusing. I just can't imagine being obligated to pay money to play something like this.

I would assume, Unreal World is the only game I've ever seen that charges per version, plus 10 Euros is a discounted price which seems to imply that you are buying it forever.
10 Euros gets you the full game, which starts as a demo. (And will be so until it's more developed.)

(edited for typo)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:01:05 pm by Lectorog »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 07:34:52 pm »

Hmmm after you posted more about him and his idea about how things will pan out it does seem like this would be a bad investment, even at 15 bucks..

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 09:16:45 pm »

Hmmm after you posted more about him and his idea about how things will pan out it does seem like this would be a bad investment, even at 15 bucks..

He's not talking about having someone add new features for him, just bug fixes and optimize code. Though, I still won't be buying until I've heard a few reviews from people who have bought it.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 01:41:44 am »

The idea is good, but I doubt it'll ever pan out, especially since the creator seems to be pretty laid back about it. And yes, his business plan of 'I'll sell the alpha and then take the profits and hire more staff' is.... not going to work out the way he thinks it will.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 02:38:35 am »

Fifteen bucks for a tech demo. Ha!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 68