Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 167664 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #600 on: November 20, 2018, 08:46:10 pm »

Reads like it's only bug fixes from now on? That they may not continue any other development beyond 1.0. If true I guess I don't really blame them, 12 years is a slog and they're probably happy to be at 1.0 and able to say done. Was kinda hoping they'd continue to dev for it.

They've talked about doing a small expansion after 1.0 in the past, with a new area potentially, but I don't know if that was ever set in stone. Can't blame them for wanting to wrap it up though.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 20, 2018, 09:36:27 pm »

According to the Steam community there has been talk amongst the dev team about a "Kenshi 1.5" update or expansion, but I imagine that they're all pretty tired after this project.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #602 on: November 20, 2018, 09:37:11 pm »

I'm betting they're going to either miss the date or miss a lot of bugs.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 21, 2018, 12:24:02 am »

They've said they're going to keep doing small bugfixes for a time after 1.0 as well IIRC. The game's quite stable as is though, the updates over the last couple weeks have taken care of all the bugs I ran into post 0.99. But we'll see.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #604 on: November 21, 2018, 12:53:35 am »

One key addition is reclaiming/destroying towns. Even if you buy and rebuild all the buildings in The Hub, for instance, you still can't put so much as an awning outside your front door without the local homeowner's association freaking out. Or, say I find a totally abandoned town in the middle of nowhere. Who's to stop me from tearing the buildings down? Why can't I build a settlement alongside some ruin?

Not quite related, but say I do put up some walls. Why does the local wildlife try to tear my gate down constantly? Why do I need to make elaborate priority trees for every citizen? Why does every melee weapon require steel and cloth, including the literally named "Iron Stick?"

I love this game, but there's a lot of ground to cover before it can seriously be called 1.0, and two weeks is not enough.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 06, 2018, 11:24:04 pm »

Not much to add...and can't seem to find the patch notes for it...

But 1.0 is out now for those who were waiting for the game to officially release.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #606 on: December 07, 2018, 07:40:36 pm »

Now that shop counters are fixed I kind of want to try out running a shop.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 07, 2018, 09:16:49 pm »

Well, most shops aren't very fast, so I imagine you could pull it off. Unless it's like, a food truck or something.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 09, 2018, 09:10:38 pm »

Now that shop counters are fixed I kind of want to try out running a shop.

I know there were tweaks to shopping AI and npc's were given more money, but did it fix long term shop issues? Giving them more money is just going to increase early trade. If he didn't give them a sort of income, they're all going to run dry eventually, just like before. UBI for NPC's! :P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:28:26 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 09, 2018, 11:33:01 pm »

Uh. Wow. I noticed this thread getting a lot of attention recently, thought it looked kind of interesting... then felt this seemed vaguely familiar.

Turns out I had an alpha version from April, 2012. It appears this was the only time it was ever bundled, so if you're been buying random bundles for a long time, you might want to check if you ever purchased the Indiefort Bundle 1, from Gamersgate.

Also, just how large is this thing anyways? Gamersgate says 14gb, Steam says it needs 11gb installed, the Steam download is weighing in at 5.8gb (which seems small for an 11gb installation), and the direct download is weighing in at a few hundred mb, which leaves me suspecting that's the alpha version still.

Edit: Well, that's... unexpected. My outpost, which consists of a shack with a research table and a copper storage, and an incomplete wall, was raided. A group of maybe eight bandits rushed into the shack and... just started milling around, so I closed the door behind them and built a wall around the building. It's been two days and nary a peep... can they starve to death?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 03:48:42 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 10, 2018, 12:12:59 am »

Uh. Wow. I noticed this thread getting a lot of attention recently, thought it looked kind of interesting... then felt this seemed vaguely familiar.

Turns out I had an alpha version from April, 2012. It appears this was the only time it was ever bundled, so if you're been buying random bundles for a long time, you might want to check if you ever purchased the Indiefort Bundle 1, from Gamersgate.

Also, just how large is this thing anyways? Gamersgate says 14gb, Steam says it needs 11gb installed, the Steam download is weighing in at 5.8gb (which seems small for an 11gb installation), and the direct download is weighing in at a few hundred mb, which leaves me suspecting that's the alpha version still.

I don't currently have game installed and can't actually install it due to pc issues. But when I select to install it on steam...it says almost 11gb (almost 12gb worth). So that sounds right for that part.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 11, 2018, 05:19:32 am »

11.8GB, I'm not sure if that includes mods from the workshop though.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 11, 2018, 02:36:23 pm »

Edit: Well, that's... unexpected. My outpost, which consists of a shack with a research table and a copper storage, and an incomplete wall, was raided. A group of maybe eight bandits rushed into the shack and... just started milling around, so I closed the door behind them and built a wall around the building. It's been two days and nary a peep... can they starve to death?
Yes, NPC need to eat too, rate depends on your hunger setting.  If they are dust bandits, probably a few more days and if they are starving bandits, soon.  (You could bunker up your food supplies(unreachable, just in case you lose) and then open it up to fight starved people, they'll be significantly weakened.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 11, 2018, 03:02:06 pm »

I've never met a hungry Dust Bandit. Seriously they are always green across the board whenever I meet them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 11, 2018, 04:37:32 pm »

> 1.0

Damn I really hate that people still go behind counters to talk to the barkeeper. It's really rude.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 68