Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 167981 times)

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #945 on: December 24, 2020, 05:14:48 am »

What are those "cushions" you speak of?

Also you sure you didn't just put the animal on the bed/cushion? Because I'm pretty sure you can do that, but prisoners won't stay on beds.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 24, 2020, 05:20:37 am »

Sitting cushions? On retrospect you are right, that's what I was thinking of. Been a long time since I played.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 24, 2020, 09:05:17 am »

Huh, well, I decided to just use a mod that boosts the natural healing rate instead, since I can't find a mod that does what I said.

Though now I am a tad bit worried about leviathans, but then I guess they were quite underwhelming in vanilla.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 24, 2020, 09:16:31 am »

You could just turn the mod off when your prisoners are done healing...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 26, 2020, 10:15:51 pm »

prisoners won't stay on beds.
They will as long as they're unconscious. The trick is to get one of your sneaky dudes to stealth KO them, that usually keeps them under for a pretty decent length of time.

Not much point to that. The only real reason to want to heal prisoners is if you're using them as training dummies, and if you're doing that you need to heal them repeatedly. In vanilla there is zero other reason to heal them beyond patching up bleeding wounds if you want to sell one for a bounty or as a slave. If you're using the prisoner recruitment mod they're going to be sitting in a cage for ages anyways and you can just slap them in a bed once you recruit them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 27, 2020, 02:02:33 am »

prisoners won't stay on beds.
They will as long as they're unconscious. The trick is to get one of your sneaky dudes to stealth KO them, that usually keeps them under for a pretty decent length of time.

Not much point to that. The only real reason to want to heal prisoners is if you're using them as training dummies, and if you're doing that you need to heal them repeatedly. In vanilla there is zero other reason to heal them beyond patching up bleeding wounds if you want to sell one for a bounty or as a slave. If you're using the prisoner recruitment mod they're going to be sitting in a cage for ages anyways and you can just slap them in a bed once you recruit them.
Huh, well, I decided to just use a mod that boosts the natural healing rate instead, since I can't find a mod that does what I said.

Though now I am a tad bit worried about leviathans, but then I guess they were quite underwhelming in vanilla.

I'm pretty sure turning off the mod will fix that particular problem...

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 26, 2021, 07:00:48 am »

does anybody know how to correctly stealth rescue slaves? every time when i try the gaurds instantly spot the freed slave and attack them, i am talking about those slave camps and slave shops they are not in my squad yet.

every time i open a cage and remove the shackles of a slave the guards instantly spot them and put them back in the cage. i however am not spotted so i keep releasing the slaves but the guards keep putting them back in there. even when there are no guards in sight they still insta spot the slaves.

i have tryed carrying them out but then they just walk back to the cage, get spotted, and die.
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 26, 2021, 07:25:21 am »

Sounds bugged...

Does it also happen with cages that are inside a house/shack when the door is closed? I guess one way to work around the problem would be to just knock all guards out and then free the slaves.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 26, 2021, 11:13:27 am »

Il try that next

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #954 on: January 26, 2021, 01:33:19 pm »

How many times did you try carrying them out?

They have different personalities.

It has been a while since I played but I think there are like 6 different potential outcomes. Some will try to get back in the cage. Some will say thank you and run. Some will insult you and run. Some will join you on the spot. Some will follow you and join you after getting a distance away from the slave base. Some will follow you and then leave once you're at a safe distance.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 26, 2021, 03:11:55 pm »

okay that was the case, i kept trying with the same slave, now that i have try'd freeing different slave some will indeed run away and 1 followed me.
However the gaurd still insta spot the slaves when i release them. the only way to get them out is to release a lot of them and when the guards are busy with the other slaves i can get one out. it seems getting new squad members by stealth rescuing slaves is not a optimal way to do it.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 26, 2021, 05:45:08 pm »

How many times did you try carrying them out?

They have different personalities.

It has been a while since I played but I think there are like 6 different potential outcomes. Some will try to get back in the cage. Some will say thank you and run. Some will insult you and run. Some will join you on the spot. Some will follow you and join you after getting a distance away from the slave base. Some will follow you and then leave once you're at a safe distance.
Then there's the bugged one where they act like they'll come with you and then just get straight back into the cage.

I'm pretty sure there's different chances of each personality based on race. I rarely come across hivers that want to leave, and rarely come across Shek that want to stay. Humans seem to be a pretty good mix of them all.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 17, 2021, 10:39:33 pm »

There are some species differences too; Shek behave slightly differently with certain personalities than other species for example.

https://kenshi.fandom.com/wiki/Personality
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 27, 2023, 12:21:00 am »

So, I was thinking about Kenshi.

While the game requires the player to use the same tools as the AI, the game state in vanilla Kenshi is static.  Only the player can change anything.

Then I remembered the one game in which the game changed a faction state, and all I had to do was be there for it to happen.

I was at Blister Hill, and The Holy Lord Phoenix dies to a headshot.  I'm pretty sure the devs fixed that by giving him a helmet in later updates, as I don't think he had a helmet at that time.  Thus, the game actually changed itself.

This is usually almost impossible because the Factions are in fortifications with numerous skilled guards, and the outside hostile patrols are downright pathetic.
Contrast this to the damage that a player can do with just 12,000 cats worth of mercenaries (6 mercenary squads, ideally a mix of skilled Tech Hunters with consistently armored Mercenaries).

So my latest mod idea: Holy War. Put the Army patrols in hostile territory, whittle down the city defense forces, and see if things can change on their own. Recreate Bast around the World.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 27, 2023, 07:38:20 am »

So, I was thinking about Kenshi.

While the game requires the player to use the same tools as the AI, the game state in vanilla Kenshi is static.  Only the player can change anything.
The living world mod does add some faction - faction interaction, like the Holy Nation trying to expand into the desert and taking United Cities towns.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1772722749
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 68