Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 381042 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3540 on: August 20, 2014, 10:04:57 am »

Deathsword, if you do get the mod caught up for the most recent version of DF, I know I and many other fans of the mod would thank you endlessly for your work. I do so greatly miss LFR and I'm sad to hear narharil has vanished.

If you do take the project, know at least that you'll have my appreciation.
Keep in mind all I plan on doing is updating. I won't modify anything else.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: August 25, 2014, 02:24:29 pm »

I'm still here!

I'm sorry, it's been a rough couple of months for me with a broken-off engagement and some weird ups and downs as my doctors have me on some new medications.  I've not even really taken a look at what's different in DF2014, and the wall of tasks to fully update compatibility is a little intimidating for me right now.  That and I'll have to remember (or re-learn) how plugins work, because there have been a few days where I've looked at my files and wondered how the hell any of it even works.  I've never been any good at languages.  When I last did anything LFR-related, I was working on plagues that spread via interactions.

I'm not opposed to the idea of accepting outside help at this point.  If anyone would like to help me out with some compatibility fixes, they do so with my blessing.  It looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:26:55 pm by narhiril »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: August 25, 2014, 03:40:38 pm »

I've yet to start the updating process, but if you want me to, I'll go through with it. That said, I do not know how to update the DFHack plugins, so they'll be a problem.

The "to-do" list I drafted:
  • Update plants to their new format. This is the biggest one in the list due to how radical changes have been.
  • Add the new personality tokens (old ones no longer valid) based on the old ones present.
  • Add appropriate gaits to all creatures.
  • Add SMELL_TRIGGER (determines how good a creature can smell, lower is better, 10000 means no smelling) to creatures as needed.
  • Add ODOR_LEVEL (Higher = Smellier) and ODOR_STRING (optional) to creatures as needed.
  • Remove SPEED and SWIM_SPEED from creatures.
  • Change HUMANOID to HUMANOID_NECK, QUADRUPED to QUADRUPED_NECK and so on, as well as add necks to modded-in bodies that should have it, then remove NECK and THROAT from all creatures that have them.
  • Add attack speeds and multiattack flags to all creatures and weapons.
  • Add values to entities.
  • Check for CHAT_WORTHY on positions aside from the law-maker equivalent on Dark Fortress entities.
  • Update the tileset for new animals and the tree tiles.
  • Swapping the old starting biomes for the new biome support system.

EDIT: There's also the new HFS (detailed in spoiler) but I don't think that will affect anything in the mod.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:06:18 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: August 25, 2014, 05:56:54 pm »

Really sorry to hear about the rough time you've been having, narhiril.  Take it easy.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: August 25, 2014, 09:12:08 pm »

I've yet to start the updating process, but if you want me to, I'll go through with it. That said, I do not know how to update the DFHack plugins, so they'll be a problem.

The "to-do" list I drafted:
  • Update plants to their new format. This is the biggest one in the list due to how radical changes have been.
  • Add the new personality tokens (old ones no longer valid) based on the old ones present.
  • Add appropriate gaits to all creatures.
  • Add SMELL_TRIGGER (determines how good a creature can smell, lower is better, 10000 means no smelling) to creatures as needed.
  • Add ODOR_LEVEL (Higher = Smellier) and ODOR_STRING (optional) to creatures as needed.
  • Remove SPEED and SWIM_SPEED from creatures.
  • Change HUMANOID to HUMANOID_NECK, QUADRUPED to QUADRUPED_NECK and so on, as well as add necks to modded-in bodies that should have it, then remove NECK and THROAT from all creatures that have them.
  • Add attack speeds and multiattack flags to all creatures and weapons.
  • Add values to entities.
  • Check for CHAT_WORTHY on positions aside from the law-maker equivalent on Dark Fortress entities.
  • Update the tileset for new animals and the tree tiles.
  • Swapping the old starting biomes for the new biome support system.

EDIT: There's also the new HFS (detailed in spoiler) but I don't think that will affect anything in the mod.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you.  I'm not concerned with updating the stuff that relies on DFHack until DFHack has an official release for the current version, but a lot of the raws could be updated now.  I'm going to start with some of the smaller tasks, like attack speeds and entity values - things that I doubt will be affected by any new developments in the immediate future.

Really sorry to hear about the rough time you've been having, narhiril.  Take it easy.

Thank you, I'll do my best.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: August 25, 2014, 09:19:15 pm »

DFHack shouldn't be without a current version for long.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: September 06, 2014, 02:46:41 pm »

then remove NECK and THROAT from all creatures that have them.

Why?
NECK is now the upper section of the spine, embedded in the neck (insead of the head).
THROAT is unchanged.

Vertebrate creatures should still have both.

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: September 24, 2014, 03:03:57 pm »

Can't wait for this to be ported for the newest DF update.

In the meantime I took some parts of the mod and inserted them to the vanilla game. Now at least I have Meowkin and Carbuncles running around!

twryst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: December 18, 2014, 09:58:14 pm »

Thank you.  I'm not concerned with updating the stuff that relies on DFHack until DFHack has an official release for the current version, but a lot of the raws could be updated now.  I'm going to start with some of the smaller tasks, like attack speeds and entity values - things that I doubt will be affected by any new developments in the immediate future.

Thank you, I'll do my best.

Hey- I made this account specifically to say:
A) I absolutely love this mod. I've played DF for... ~6 years, and I love the progression that LFR has, it's just excellent game design.
B) I have never done any modding, but I'd love to step in and help in whatever way I can. I can probably learn whatever is needed. Job Prioritization just got implemented (all glory to the hypno@toadyone) in .40.20 and having LFR up to date with that would be absolutely worthwhile. Also, I'm sorry you're caught up in rough times. Just let me know how I can help.

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: December 23, 2014, 08:05:18 pm »

Does anyone have a version of the Construction Helper plugins by Falconne compatible with the version of DFHack the current release of LFR uses? I really can't get by without those construction designations.

It's strange - I downloaded the r4 version of the plugins, but plug in DFHack returns a full list of all of them except one - automaterial, the one that adds construction designations.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 08:08:56 pm by Jordan~ »

Golbolco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: February 10, 2015, 01:23:04 pm »

...So I got a Bat Man from the Nephilim.
Can I assign him as a noble? Or, really, do anything with him? Just the sheer thought of having Bat Man run around my fortress is entertaining.

Zogundar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: March 10, 2015, 11:21:51 pm »

EDIT 4: Did a bit more testing, and MAXAGE is indeed the culprit - DF spawns creatures with age in some range like [0:MAXAGE], and large value causes integer overflow while calculating size. If MAXAGE is not specified, birth_year is somewhere between -150 and -300 - no overflow.

Old conversation, I know, but I tried removing the MAXAGE tag from Sperm Whales (And unless I misunderstand the way the raws work, Giant Sperm Whales by extension.) I'm still finding Giant Sperm Whales that attacks pass through during Arena matches (With a variety of weapon types and sizes to be on the safe side.)

Sometimes stuff won't pass through, but I don't know what causes that. Several times I've held down arrow keys attacking unconscious ones over and over again and get nothing after 10-15 seconds. Then another time I'll suddenly punch one and send it flying. :-\
Rogan?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: March 11, 2015, 01:18:06 am »

MAXAGE has nothing to do with it, as MAXAGE has nothing to do with body size at all. It's all about body size--if that's too high, then it'll overflow, which I can definitely see happening for giant sperm whales.

Zogundar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: March 20, 2015, 07:20:42 pm »

Oh, well.. that makes a lot more sense, actually. Not sure how weegth resolved the problem before then.  ???
Rogan?

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: May 17, 2015, 09:45:13 am »

I know this thread is dead, but I'd like to say that I really liked this mod and I think it would be great to play it with the tavern update.
I don't know if narhiril is still active, I sent her a pm and I'll see if she respond, but since I don't think anyone is working on that, I'm planning to update it myself.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 240