Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 380496 times)

grisha5

• Bay Watcher
  • [SACRIFICE_CAT:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3570 on: June 29, 2015, 09:58:47 pm »

erm...could you update this to 40.xx? (sorry for the necro)
kittunns yay ~WalterWhite from DashNet forums
i am a cat. with a laser gun to shoot cat killers

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

grisha5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: July 01, 2015, 04:38:31 am »

ok thanks

grisha5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: July 04, 2015, 02:10:40 am »

usul, did you remove divine axes and swords? cant find them in arena i could before

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: July 04, 2015, 02:21:12 am »

I didn't remove anything, but I did change the order in which the weapons are listed (it was easier for me to update).
What were their exact names ? Because I can't find any 'divine sword' in the Arena of a newly downloaded 34.11 version.

grisha5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: July 04, 2015, 02:34:31 am »

theyre not weapons, theyre creatures in the new 40.xx version divine axe and animated sword or something like that

grisha5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: July 04, 2015, 10:11:59 am »

usul you here?

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: July 06, 2015, 09:55:52 am »

Sorry for the late reply, I had some stuff to do.

I can't find any mention of an animated weapon in the raws of the 34.11 version, and I don't remember seeing them when I updating the mod. I'm sorry, but I searched in all the raws, checked the manual, then searched again with all the names I could think of. Are you sure you could find them before ? Could you provide a link with a save, or anything ?

Of course, you might be right, and I might be really dumb or just blind, but I just can't find them.

grisha5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: July 09, 2015, 08:43:40 am »

i tested them in arena only....

grisha5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: July 10, 2015, 07:23:55 am »

ah, it was from LFR/direforged mod! also, is there a 40.xx version for lfr/direforged mod?

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: October 04, 2015, 10:33:13 pm »

Hey. Not sure if this thread is dead or not.

I think there may be a bug with the shedim devouring corpses. I've had a couple of crashes during shedim seiges and I suspect that it has something to do with this transformation. It doesn't happen when no-one dies.

And would it be possible to make the bog trolls harder? In my current fort they show up in large groups but aren't armed or armoured, except for maybe the leader. My legendary mace and sword lords chew through them in no time at all.

Any tips for attracting voidwalkers? Just the standard increase population and wealth triggers or something else?
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: December 16, 2018, 08:06:04 pm »

+1

Enthusiastic +1

I think I have some extra keys on my humble bundle account I've never used that I could chip in, too.

Part of the reason I haven't played a serious fort in the last few years, is a distinct lack of Forlorn Realms.

There are other mods that do a great job of cleaning up and optimizing the game, mini-mods, overhauling individual aspects of the game such as combat, etc... but no major overhauls have drawn me in with their added content as much as Forlorn Realms did.

Unfortunately, I don't think a simple port to newer versions would do this mod justice.  It needs a serious overhaul to incorporate stuff that the modding community has improved upon over the last few years, and general updating to current sensibility.  I'm thinking the races, crafting progression, artifact system, etc re-built from scratch on top of Revised.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: December 19, 2018, 04:16:44 am »

it's hard. it's very hard. this repo is partially updated to 0.43, which is mostly the same as 0.44, but it's crashy for reasons I could never pinpoint, so I sort of left it on the backburner and eventually forgot about it. This was two years ago. I'd use it as a starting point, because it's mostly converted properly.

Ptasznikt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: January 27, 2019, 02:27:25 am »

I second the idea of rewarding the brave hero, who will update the mod. Even noticing some posts dating on the late 2018 in the thread gave me a happy thought.

Hiro Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: January 04, 2020, 08:05:01 pm »

I know this is a Necropost, but I might have a small-but-hopefully-important amount of relevant information for updating the mod, apart from just the fact that I too would like for the mod to be fully updated.
With that said, I downloaded the Repo provided by Putnam to see if I could make it work for my own use, and assuming that the crashes they were referring to are just after the Civs are placed during worldgen I found what was causing them. In the ENTITY files for the Voidwalkers, the Nobles still had the CHAT_WORTHY tags-which apparently causes crashes if it's placed on Nobles of Dark Fortress Civilizations in the current version, which Voidwalkers are. I tested it out and removing that tag from those ENTITY files does allow the world to get past placing Civs and start generating history, which I think should at least make it playable in 0.43. Looking around the world, I've found Bog Troll, Lizardman, Nephilim, Shedim, Meowkin, and Voidwalker sites. Actually, they seem more common than the basegame race sites. No Grum or Moroii sites but I think they're underground anyways so they might not actually have any, on the overworld at least. I can confirm that Legends and Adventurer mode work at least, and playing as Nephilim, Voidwalkers, Meowkin, ect is all possible and works fine. Haven't tried Fortress Mode just yet but I expect that works fine too.

Unfortunately, I don't know the ins and outs of Dwarf Fortress modding or updating, I just know enough to parse the files and was luckily enough to catch that bit. I also don't know if everything works-I've only given it a cursory test, and besides which I'm not good enough at Dwarf Fortress to test out the more in-depth aspects of the mod-but it's at least playable at current with that edit. I'm hoping that this bit of knowledge might help reinvigorate the efforts to update it to current, but even if that doesn't happen, hopefully people who are wanting to give LFR a try and are willing to use on a slightly out-of-date version of DF will find it and be able to. I know it's always been a must-have for my own Dwarf Fortress playing.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240