Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Close Shaves  (Read 2026 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Close Shaves
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 07:17:31 pm »

Doesn't really count but...

My third adventurer, and second one that I knew what I was doign with, Powder Strength Axeman, had been sent to fight a night creature. I looked at ti, and the game said that it was extremely muscular. Being new, and this being my axeman's second quest (although I DO admit he was a Demigod, although I pretty much piled all my stats onto one thing, and most on one attribute as possible), I thought "I'M GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" And then I decided to aim an attack at its lower body. I cut it in half. First strike of battle. The adventurer then proceeded to die next quest, a bandit camp.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 07:59:57 pm »

I got ambushed by a group of elves (Darn Long-ears >:() near a river and just as they released their volley of arrows and killed most of my peasant fodder, alligators came. Long story short, My adventurer got a new sun gold shield!

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 02:50:16 pm »

Ok, so this one was so unexpected. I don't actually know if I'm going to make it yet (i'll edit.).

I decided to go to a lair, to see what's what. Suddenly a Roc, that killed five people comes swooping out of the sky. I'm a new character, Hero, with just a few kills.

I start throwing a arrow upwards, missing him. He then lands and I throw a spear through his neck, cutting open an artery. He then attacks me but I dodge, and I throw another arrow by hand, but missing him.
Then comes the bad part. He leaps at me and bites off my right lower leg off and cuts a companions leg with his claw. Here i thought i was done, but i still tried crawling away.
He then starts choking me with his wing... and dies of blood loss.

Which might happen to me. Hoping that i'll make it... Get a crutch... Something. (i'll edit with status).

EDIT :
Wow, the maddest thing happened to me. I decided to drink the blood coming out of my wound as if I was licking it or something to ebb the flow and not lose too much. I started fainting but the bleeding stopped ! I would like to think it's my very p&p thinking that did this, but it probably wasn't  :P

Managed to crawl to a fort. Spread the news and got instant hero work (kill a dragon) and before they just ignored me ! I'm going to retire my character, not likely to go as he is... Maybe some day.

EDIT2:

Checked legends. Killing that rock got him more than a 100 hero status in loads of civilisations, here's a screenie :  here (there two more pages of that, only "hero".)
Losing that leg was worth it, he's probably the biggest hero of my world now x)
The Roc had 24 kills when my hero with three, including a kobold and two gobelins, managed to get him. Ironic. Is there a post for epic moments ?  :D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 03:12:13 pm by Kynrael »

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 09:28:49 am »

I had a dwarf faint, bleeding and supposedly mortally wounded with almost every limb broken manage to land a head shot that damaged the enemy's brain and kill it, then drag my nearly dead self back to a tavern despite a massive, raging body wide infection and recover more times than I can count.

Hell I don't bother heading back into town anymore unless by dwarf is suffering from massive blood loss.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

callahan.44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 03:29:33 pm »

I had a brand new peasant adventurer and picked up a quest for a lone outlaw just outside town. I was nearly to the area he was and tried to stealth. no chance, as 10-15 wild animals come charging past me heading in the other direction, followed by a Vomit Demon breathing some instant-death cloud.

oh you mean lucky escapes!
"I had it all. I had a fortress that was very decent, a military that was getting very respectable. I was close to being complete."
"Shit man, now it's all gone."
Pages: 1 [2]