Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Horror! My King is an...  (Read 3724 times)

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
Re: The Horror! My King is an...
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 10:29:00 pm »

Wiki "Cacame" and then ask yourself, "Why would a civilization of dwarves ever accept an elf king?"  The answer, "He is a true dwarf."

Damn you, I looked him up, and now I've lost just over 2 hours reading the entire thread and subsequent stories/epics. That was truly fantastic.

Time well spent. The epic of Cacame should be known to all. It is good to know that not all elves are prissy, tree-hugging busybodies.

Just the vast majority.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

kylefiredemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 10:34:34 pm »

I've once heard of a Demon becoming a Dwarfven king.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 12:11:13 am »

Wiki "Cacame" and then ask yourself, "Why would a civilization of dwarves ever accept an elf king?"  The answer, "He is a true dwarf."

Damn you, I looked him up, and now I've lost just over 2 hours reading the entire thread and subsequent stories/epics. That was truly fantastic.

Time well spent. The epic of Cacame should be known to all. It is good to know that not all elves are prissy, tree-hugging busybodies.

Just the vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast vast majority.
Fixed.

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 01:50:25 am »

There can only be one Cacame at any time. Should two elves of Cacame-status meet it would be like those Chuck Norris memes, or possibly dividing by zero.

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 05:04:07 am »

Speaking of weird leaders...
Recently one of my dwarves made a weird engraving. I decided to check it out after my fort fell. Once I went into legends mode, I was stunned O.O . Is this normal? :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And I got over 200 years of that over and over again >.<
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 05:38:33 am »

I think that dwarf queen later got transformed into a night creature, and the legends talk of her as a night creature.

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 12:14:41 am »

Looks like I need to pave some roads.

I checked the legends too, and it seems like every single dwarf group has been replaced by elves, going back like 200 years.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 02:07:08 am »

Before actually putting you king t any kind of trial you should find a way to change him (and possibly his wife?)to a fortress citizen, and then to equip him with some sort of hammer at least.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 02:12:34 am »

I think that dwarf queen later got transformed into a night creature, and the legends talk of her as a night creature.
Yeah, that happens. I don't know for a fact that's what happened here, but it does do that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2]