Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone ever play FATE?  (Read 1849 times)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ever play FATE?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 02:12:44 pm »

Be advised that FATE installs spyware (or used to do so).  Spyware that crashed Windows under some circumstances.  Probably fixed now, but…

I suggest that if you play FATE, deactivate the WildTangent service process and find a cracked FATE executable.  I used the one cracked by “TSRH”, and had no problems.

I think the spy process was named Wire, or had that in the name.

Some discussion in this Torchlight thread.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 02:34:21 pm »

oops double post
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:37:24 pm by freeformschooler »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 02:35:36 pm »

FATE 4?
Anything worth mentioning of difference from the original? otherwise I'm going to stick with Torchlight & Diablo & Co.

Lots:

-A much more different starting town, and if I'm correct more than one other town
-4 (or maybe more) dungeons
-A "party system" where you can recruit followers
-Four (I think) races to choose from
-other boring stuff

EDIT: whoops, sorry didn't mean to double post
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:37:16 pm by freeformschooler »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 02:38:25 pm »

Is there more nice flute-y music? Thats really the only thing that stood out to me before.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 03:44:00 pm »

-A much more different starting town, and if I'm correct more than one other town
-4 (or maybe more) dungeons
-A "party system" where you can recruit followers
-Four (I think) races to choose from

Multiple towns sounds nice.  I assume still no overworld map?

Followers that are not temporary summons sounds neat.

One thing I don't like about Diablo-alikes is that you are expected to, and can, defeat everything.

I'd really like to see more in the way of scouting and evaluating opponents, where you don't wake the §Dragon§, you find a way around its lair.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 12:33:19 pm »

One thing I don't like about Diablo-alikes is that you are expected to, and can, defeat everything.

I'd really like to see more in the way of scouting and evaluating opponents, where you don't wake the §Dragon§, you find a way around its lair.

But then again IMO, the whole point of these games are that you (at least eventually) can kill everything. But it would be nice to have some enemies, that you cannot beat until later in game, even before you are strong enough to kill them.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 12:41:53 pm »

It's not Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Maybe diablo-likes would benefit from rogue-like gameplay elements...but your average gamer's expectation when they encounter content is not to lose because there's no way to win. Mainstream gamers consider that broken, even on endless re-creatable worlds.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 12:53:28 pm »

Hmm.

I played the first Fate. Had some serious design flaws; 100,000 gold coin loot by fishing at the pond in town at level one, anyone?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 01:01:44 pm »

Hmm.

I played the first Fate. Had some serious design flaws; 100,000 gold coin loot by fishing at the pond in town at level one, anyone?
It was possible to create a ring of nigh-invincibility that had no requirements except Level 2. And a multi-element uberbow that only did 5 damage but was amplified ridiculously by the bonuses attached to it. And then spawn both before you ever entered the dungeon.
Had to mod it a bit to do so, but that was fun.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 [2]