Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Cthulhu Mythos Mod [34.11.0.07]  (Read 29214 times)

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cthulhu Mythos Mod [31.25.0.04]
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2011, 03:03:23 pm »

Hmm, I tried all those tags but they didn't work. Probably because the ghouls are cavern civ. Looks like if you are a ghoul, you'll have to alienate the humans on your own.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2011, 11:28:01 pm »

Rates of fire can't be changed, sadly. That's why the Tommy gun uses "bursts of bullets" as ammunition.
Not so. SHOOT_MAXVEL is what determines the upper limit, and the lower the number the faster the weapon fires. Automatic weapons would be tricky, though, as a projectile has to register as a hit or a miss before the weapon can shoot again.

Help yourself to the relevant raws in my Black Powder Firearms mod; I've been meaning to do a more modern variant for ages.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 09:35:55 am »

Thanks, I didn't know about that.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2011, 05:53:48 pm »

SHOOT_MAXVEL is what determines the upper limit, and the lower the number the faster the weapon fires. Automatic weapons would be tricky, though, as a projectile has to register as a hit or a miss before the weapon can shoot again.

Help yourself to the relevant raws in my Black Powder Firearms mod; I've been meaning to do a more modern variant for ages.

This doesn't seem to work.  I just tested your rifle and pistol in arena mode.  Both weapon's projectiles move at the same speed (one square per tick) and the users had the same rate of fire.

I also tested a weapon with a SHOOT_MAXVEL of 1 and got the same result.

Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 11:00:43 am »

This doesn't seem to work.  I just tested your rifle and pistol in arena mode.  Both weapon's projectiles move at the same speed (one square per tick) and the users had the same rate of fire.

I also tested a weapon with a SHOOT_MAXVEL of 1 and got the same result.
Hmmm. I'm not sure that isn't related to the graphical FPS rate. Also, higher-skilled marksdwarves should reload noticeably faster.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 01:40:44 pm »

@Ghouls: What about the [babysnatcher] tag?
So, I played a little "Fortress", actually a nice aboveground mining town, with this mod.
I was amazed by some details like the 1920esque fashion or the bizarre morphology of the Mythos creatures.
The balancing was surprisingly well done, the lack of armour boosts the efficience of fire arms as well as making battle quick and dirty. Thanks to my usual luck I got a high master armorer with the second migrants wave. I ended up with like 50 masterwork helms to upgrade her to legendary...and then she hauled wood until her skull was opened by a Mi-go surgeon. I laughed hard.
The Megabeasts was a little disappointing.
I got a dhole. It crouched a dozen tiles. It fainted withOUT any cause. A novice knife user slashed it in the brain. It died on the instant.
The undying woman was just slightly harder.
My Fortress ended in a massive wave of dagger-wielding sociopaths, driven into frenzy by the unholy depictings my legendary artist Brobert chiseled into the dead stone of the mining shafts beneath the sleeping town- i.e. by the wast wealth he produced by doing so.
Whiskey is a little bit expensive even for mafia-standards. 100$ for one drink?
Also, you can't produce low-waisted dresses, making the dancefloor a rather... interessant.... experience - only men & solo ;)  :)  ;)  ;D  :(  :-X
Also, you can't produce tophats. WHY? OH, WHY?
You could tweak the personality stuff a little, so that people become cRazYy mor easy... I had a fisher whose both children were abducted by space nightmares, whose wife was killed by a sabbling zealot and whose left hand was missing for reasons unknown. He was very unhappy, took a bath, talked with a friend and was quite content.
All in all, good work!

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 01:39:37 am »

Glad to hear that balancing is good, that's probably more luck than skill on my part :D I think the lack of low-waisted dresses and top hats is caused by the fact that every individual human civ has its own fashion, causing some clothes to be unavailable. But 1920s fashion blurred gender boundaries a lot, so... yeah.

I'll try and make the megabeasts a little (a lot?) harder. Yes, whiskey is crazily expensive, but remember that the mob can bring you whiskey anywhere, even if you're in the middle of a terrifying glacier. Ah well, I'll make the reaction give some more whiskey.

The ease with which people recover from traumas is something I don't know if you can tweak with modding, but I'll look into what the wiki says about personality traits, maybe there's something there.

Thanks for your input!

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2011, 08:47:35 pm »

Glad to hear that balancing is good, that's probably more luck than skill on my part :D I think the lack of low-waisted dresses and top hats is caused by the fact that every individual human civ has its own fashion, causing some clothes to be unavailable. But 1920s fashion blurred gender boundaries a lot, so... yeah.

I'll try and make the megabeasts a little (a lot?) harder. Yes, whiskey is crazily expensive, but remember that the mob can bring you whiskey anywhere, even if you're in the middle of a terrifying glacier. Ah well, I'll make the reaction give some more whiskey.

The ease with which people recover from traumas is something I don't know if you can tweak with modding, but I'll look into what the wiki says about personality traits, maybe there's something there.

Thanks for your input!

I tried adventure mode, I love how humans react when they see megabeasts ect.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cthulhu Mythos Mod [31.25.0.02]
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2011, 12:38:11 pm »

Version 0.02 is up. Two winged things from the abyss have been added, as well as a Geologist's Laboratory that lets you use the strange mineral for something.

I've discovered a weird bug with the ghoul cavern civilization; a ghoul that kills one of your humans will become friendly. I've looked over the raws but I don't know what is causing this, their entity and behaviour tags are the same as those of the vanilla animalmen.
I don't know if anyone ever cleared this up, but vanilla animalmen have the same problem.

In other news, I think this is awesome. I'm going to try it this afternoon.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 12:24:18 pm »

This is relevant to my interests. I think this can really take off when the new version comes out with the interaction framework, particularly in the direction of Innsmouth.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2011, 02:42:50 pm »

This is disturbing as crap, horrific and is an abomination that should be burned to death with MOLOTOV POPCORN.

I approve.

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2011, 05:37:09 pm »

So is there anything new in the mod?
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2011, 01:34:23 pm »

i'd love to see some screenies.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

flamewolf393

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2011, 04:11:40 am »

I want the hounds of tindelos! Instead of spawning at the edge of  the map they should spawn INSIDE your fortress!!

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cthulhu Mythos Mod [31.25.0.05]
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2011, 07:06:26 am »

Once again this mod returns from the abyss with an update!

This version adds new menu and game music: The Bloop and Rhapsody in Blue, respectively. Tell me what you think about them. There are also fossils and books, and a few bugfixes and tweaks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5