Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1163161 times)

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2730 on: November 04, 2011, 06:12:34 pm »

In any case, it would be interesting to be able to set race relations (which would be a form of those things mentioned in above posts) beyond the ethics settings.  To see two carravans come in at the same time that utterly hated each other and thus started fighting.  Or were capable of starting a fight if two people with just the right personalities came too close to one another... as would happen at a trade depot.  Of if a particular adventurer would get shunned at certain civ cities or treated unfairly or, again, if in a unfriendly city and getting too close to someone with a particular personality who would then pick a fight, which could escalate into a mob chasing you.  Dunno if anything like that is planned.  Might even happen naturally with the personality rewrite.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: November 04, 2011, 07:03:45 pm »

In any case, it would be interesting to be able to set race relations (which would be a form of those things mentioned in above posts) beyond the ethics settings.  To see two carravans come in at the same time that utterly hated each other and thus started fighting.  Or were capable of starting a fight if two people with just the right personalities came too close to one another... as would happen at a trade depot.  Of if a particular adventurer would get shunned at certain civ cities or treated unfairly or, again, if in a unfriendly city and getting too close to someone with a particular personality who would then pick a fight, which could escalate into a mob chasing you.  Dunno if anything like that is planned.  Might even happen naturally with the personality rewrite.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some of this with Taverns/Inns in Release 3- can't hardly have a proper tavern without the potential for a tavern brawl, right? :D

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: November 04, 2011, 08:01:40 pm »

I would like to see faction relations/conflicts grow organically through the process of history rather than as something exclusively laid out in RAW files. I'm not saying it would be bad to allow it as a modding option, but that its ability to change through cultural and historical evolution would be an excellent thing.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: November 04, 2011, 08:45:53 pm »

A thought occurs: How will lycanthropy interact with moods? I think transformed dwarfs will probably be unable to mood, but what happens if a lycanthrope dwarf is mooding when the full moon (or whatever triggers the transformation) occurs?
Soaplent green is goblins!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: November 04, 2011, 08:57:32 pm »

A thought occurs: How will lycanthropy interact with moods? I think transformed dwarfs will probably be unable to mood, but what happens if a lycanthrope dwarf is mooding when the full moon (or whatever triggers the transformation) occurs?

Urist McWolf cancels mood: Howling at moon
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: November 04, 2011, 09:43:08 pm »

Yay! Interface improvement!
Quote from: devlog
(...) I split the unit screen into 4 categories (citizens, pets/livestock, others, dead/missing). (...)

Such a little change makes things so much easier!
No more scrolling through 120 dwarves and 200 livestock animals just to see what sort of wildlife you currently have.
Please more little things like this Toady!
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: November 04, 2011, 09:45:58 pm »

(...) I split the unit screen into 4 categories (citizens, pets/livestock, others, dead/missing). (...)

No more scrolling through 120 dwarves and 200 livestock animals just to see what sort of wildlife you currently have.

What date was this dev log posted? oO
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: November 04, 2011, 09:47:33 pm »

Jesus frogballs 1/3 of my prayers have been answered

Suppose I ought to go remove that suggestion I put up on the Eternal Suggestion Voting page ages ago, then.

Sometime this night. If you don't see it on the blog try F5ing.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: November 04, 2011, 09:56:06 pm »

Wait wait wait I've got a good one.

Will you leave the magic debug button in as an init option?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: November 04, 2011, 10:33:00 pm »

Today- not long ago, even.

And yeah, this is pretty awesome. Hopefully I won't be surprised when angry giant badgers replace the docile deer anymore.

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: November 05, 2011, 12:44:01 am »

And, more importantly, no more scrolling up past every single thing that's ever died to get a look at your siege.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: November 05, 2011, 03:40:31 am »

And, more importantly, no more scrolling up past every single thing that's ever died to get a look at your siege.

While he is on it, he could create more categories: one for each class of professions, one for active dwarves and other for "no job" dwarves.

edit: fixing quote
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 06:40:12 am by thvaz »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: November 05, 2011, 04:05:54 am »

While he is on it, he could create more categories: one for each class of professions, one for active dwarves and other for "no job" dwarves

Thanks!
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

gamerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: November 05, 2011, 09:07:07 am »

While he is on it, he could create more categories: one for each class of professions, one for active dwarves and other for "no job" dwarves.

subcategories maybe? something like a toggle option the stockpiles have for woodcutters/miners/cheese makers/ect on the citizen page, or the other page sorted with hostile/caravan/ect.

sounds somewhat useful

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: November 05, 2011, 09:39:39 am »

subcategories maybe? something like a toggle option the stockpiles have for woodcutters/miners/cheese makers/ect on the citizen page, or the other page sorted with hostile/caravan/ect.

sounds somewhat useful

Let the ideas flowing, every small idea improving on the interface while taking few coding time from Toady is great.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 298