Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1162075 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #870 on: June 07, 2011, 03:49:57 am »

Workin' hard to get my fill,
Everybody wants a thrill.
Payin' anything to roll the dice,
Just one more time!

Oh God, I can't wait for the Tavern Arc, when Dwarf Fortress can finally have bands on minstrels.  I am going to make so many Microcline Guitars.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 07, 2011, 04:11:03 am »

Oh good, sounds like we're getting back to the important stuff. ThreeToes's post seems to imply we're not spending too much time on it, but that ThreeToe's posts aren't always perfectly accurate to actual development.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 07, 2011, 05:31:47 am »

Bring on the mundane arc!  The little, tiny things are the ones that define tone the strongest.

Hmm no more 14 people living in the same house? I certainly can get onboard that train.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #873 on: June 07, 2011, 06:18:02 am »

Hmm no more 14 people living in the same house? I certainly can get onboard that train.

Is it a midnight train going anywhere?

Okay I'm going to stop there before I... derail.. the thread.

And on topic, I'd like to see families make a return, instead of villagers living like hippies in a nude love in.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 07, 2011, 07:25:55 am »

Well at least you don't have a one track mind.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 07, 2011, 08:58:59 am »

Heh.
At a minimum 4 tiles per person, unless a public place or a party would seem logical, especially when a bed, chair and chest is needed per person. and a place to stand. Having to crawl over people in a shop really is not seemly...unless there is a sale, in which case I'd like to see that mentioned on the sign outside. :p
Somehow I don't think dwarves will mind much having to crawl over naked humans though...as they seem to be doing that in my fortresses regularly out of their own volition in the dininghall.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 07, 2011, 09:18:47 am »

As I remember correctly people of this time period, who weren't rich, actually didn't spend too much time at home.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 07, 2011, 09:22:58 am »

As I remember correctly people of this time period, who weren't rich, actually didn't spend too much time at home.

well, they couldn't work at night without light, so while most of the day they were out making a living*, they still were at home about half of the time. probably.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 07, 2011, 09:29:26 am »

Well remember that it is only rather recently, and WAAAAAAY recently, that deciding NOT to involve yourself with others has been considered acceptible (unless you had tons of money). Anti-social behavior was looked rather down upon.
-Which I find horrible... but it was history. History stinks.

So really your supposed to be involved with others with a lot of your free time.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 07, 2011, 09:35:37 am »

Maybe in future versions there will be different kinds of profaning and other methods (druidic rituals, cursed items or even the old classic bored gods)
Already confirmed. The only question is whether they'll get into this next release or if it'll wait for later.

I'm a bit disappointed that it seems like we won't be able to chain sun fearing vampires outside in df mode for make-shift torches.
Depending on exactly what part of that sentence your interest lay, that can be modded in. It remains to be seen whether we can mod in a syndrome that causes sunlight to burn the victim. If it's about making a torch...

That said it would be nice to have a definite way of creating fires now that we're going to be besieged by undead hordes that will keep coming back.
Magma.

Or if you want convenience, see the Bonfire mod.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 07, 2011, 10:36:35 am »

I want to see semi-daily updates involving furniture and everything else too!

Will rich people have any more furniture, or perhaps higher quality furniture in their houses?

Will there be multi-room or even multi-story houses for single people/families?

Will vampires have coffins in their house instead of beds?

Will houses have windows? Expanding on that, is there a chance that something like an adventurer openable curtain item might be included, allowing surprise sun attacks on vampires?

Finally, do you have any idea how much I look forward to modding in a whole bunch of drugs thanks to indigestible syndromes? 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 07, 2011, 10:47:42 am »

I just realized... my favourite action of licking myself clean in adventurer mode is going to have to come to an end, or else I will end up a vampire :(
where is up?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 07, 2011, 11:14:51 am »

Finally, do you have any idea how much I look forward to modding in a whole bunch of drugs thanks to indigestible syndromes? 
I think the word you wanted is "ingestible".

Speaking of which, how about indigestion as a symptom? Reducing the nourishing value of food and causing random pains would be a fairly bad condition.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 07, 2011, 11:26:55 am »

I think the word you wanted is "ingestible".

Speaking of which, how about indigestion as a symptom? Reducing the nourishing value of food and causing random pains would be a fairly bad condition.

You're right. Indigestion would be useful for the drug mod too!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 07, 2011, 03:05:29 pm »

Will rich people have any more furniture, or perhaps higher quality furniture in their houses?

Echoing this. I've been hoping new cities have multi story houses, or more furniture, or rooms, for different people from the start.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 298