Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1167060 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #345 on: May 21, 2011, 09:54:11 pm »

Its official- DF is now has grave robbing goodness inside. I am excite

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 21, 2011, 10:16:22 pm »

[quoutepyramid] something something [/quoutepyramid]

And then once you've pulped them so they're not animated, you can wield them as a weapon and they get named from all the kills...

Dwarf fortress has been struck down by a buffer overflow in the weapons name-string.

I could be wrong but the elves using buddy-pets in new right? I mean Buddy-pets and Animal-man were already in Threetoes stories but i didnt get to see it yet ingame. I hope toady can get the tomb builders to set some traps of various kinds. I am not sure if Guard-units would be the right.

Grave-robbing happens everywhere as well as to any time and many tombs werent defended that well - so actually toady sacking the mummy and selling it in London for a unwrapping-party is actually pretty accurate.   
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 21, 2011, 11:59:23 pm »

I thought war animals already turned up in worldgen battles, but I could be wrong. I'm more excited to see the townie elf / wild elf distinction. Multiple species under one entity or area? First step to multicultural fortresses.

Also there is something inherently humorous about the idea of wandering into a major tomb, then wandering out again with a corpse sticking out of your backpack. I wonder if we'll see a re-vamp of adventurer traps?

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 22, 2011, 12:28:41 am »

Yeah but are the elven beasties war animals or just animals? I was under the impression that only human leaders get War-Buddy-pets.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 22, 2011, 04:06:38 am »

I thought war animals already turned up in worldgen battles, but I could be wrong. I'm more excited to see the townie elf / wild elf distinction. Multiple species under one entity or area? First step to multicultural fortresses.
Well, that step has been made years ago. I think "townie elves" just means "elves that live in human town because they or their ancestors were captured as war prisoners and then integrated into human society".

And I've seen tons of trained war animals as part of elven attacks in fortress mode so the ones in world gen were probably war trained too. They just don't make that distinction in legend mode descriptions.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 22, 2011, 10:05:00 am »

After reading the devlog update about raiding tombs i began to wonder whether tombs can be raided during worldgen, by Bandits for example. I think it would be pretty neat to find a empty tomb from time to time, it`s riches stored in the camp of some Bandits. I also think that finding and returning part of the treasures of a dead king might be a interesting quest.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 22, 2011, 10:45:38 am »

After reading the devlog update about raiding tombs i began to wonder whether tombs can be raided during worldgen, by Bandits for example. I think it would be pretty neat to find a empty tomb from time to time, it`s riches stored in the camp of some Bandits. I also think that finding and returning part of the treasures of a dead king might be a interesting quest.

You didn't even try to disguise your suggestion as a question! :)

Please color only questions to Toady.  Your suggestion is pretty good, but Toady will answer only questions about current development. We have a board for suggestions.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 22, 2011, 10:57:38 am »

I guess the question-suggestion can still be seen as a question here, for instance "will tomb-raiding happen during worldgen". It'd be fun if it was one of the possible reasons for war, too.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 22, 2011, 12:15:31 pm »

Expanding on this... in an odd sort of way I guess, will dead kings, under certain circumstances, rise up to avenge their tombs being looted? Say, if the king happened to simultaneously manage to be a major priest of the local God of Death, or otherwise be rendered capable of rising up to avenge himself (faithful necromancer subjects, certain burial methods, etc)?
The concept of tomb robbing made that pop into my head, I suppose.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 22, 2011, 12:53:12 pm »

You didn't even try to disguise your suggestion as a question! :)

Please color only questions to Toady.  Your suggestion is pretty good, but Toady will answer only questions about current development. We have a board for suggestions.

I got carried away, but it wasn`t intended to be a suggestion. I merely wanted to ask wheter tombs could be raided during world gen. :D

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 22, 2011, 07:59:39 pm »

I feel sorry for toady, soooo many questions to answer :o lol.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 22, 2011, 09:41:58 pm »

There are functioning traps now.

I believe it's time to resurrect Land of Traps and Attractions.
Shoes...

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 22, 2011, 09:52:06 pm »

Ooh. 'Cursed with bad luck'?

This sounds promising!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 22, 2011, 09:56:34 pm »

Bad luck curse, interesting. Wonder if there's some new raws tag to interfere with the RNG, or the bad luck is just a penalty applied to various attributes (e.g. observational skill).

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 22, 2011, 10:07:15 pm »

Or maybe there's a chance with each roll to greatly increase or greatly decrease the results.

Or maybe ridiculous stuff happens like landslides and chasms open up around you.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 298