Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1160389 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #525 on: May 27, 2011, 04:25:45 am »

Are the wereforms taken from the same list as other random creatures, from existing creatures, or both? Skunks and mantises are both on the former list as well as upcoming sponsorship animals, so it'd be interesting to hear.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 27, 2011, 05:58:36 am »

dragons and giants make fine immortals in my book, and so does the first wereskunk, the immortal mother of all wereskunk-kin, and the stinkiest of them all, the mere mention of her name is enough to nauseate a person, and is usually spoken of in euphemisms. in my book, the first werecreature of it's kind should afford a special status, but the converted victims should be far weaker and far more mortal.
i do have problems with immortals that breed like rabbits, like elves and goblins. i could live with elves being immortal, if a bit scarcer and awesomer, after all, immortality gives you enough time to train all your skills to legendary plus infinite, and i wouldn't mind immortal goblins as mischievous spirit-like creatures that live solitary lives in magical forests and old abandoned towers, that hoard treasures and murder unprepared travelers, but i cannot live without hordes of generic baddies to slaughter, and i cannot swallow the idea that a creature that exists to feed experience to my soldiers and raw materials to my bonecrafters of dubious ethics has the potential to live for a thousand years and watch the dawn and fall of ages

that all of this is based on personal opinions is obvious, and luckilly, generally very modable

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 27, 2011, 09:05:12 am »

dragons and giants make fine immortals in my book, and so does the first wereskunk, the immortal mother of all wereskunk-kin, and the stinkiest of them all, the mere mention of her name is enough to nauseate a person, and is usually spoken of in euphemisms. in my book, the first werecreature of it's kind should afford a special status, but the converted victims should be far weaker and far more mortal.
i do have problems with immortals that breed like rabbits, like elves and goblins. i could live with elves being immortal, if a bit scarcer and awesomer, after all, immortality gives you enough time to train all your skills to legendary plus infinite, and i wouldn't mind immortal goblins as mischievous spirit-like creatures that live solitary lives in magical forests and old abandoned towers, that hoard treasures and murder unprepared travelers, but i cannot live without hordes of generic baddies to slaughter, and i cannot swallow the idea that a creature that exists to feed experience to my soldiers and raw materials to my bonecrafters of dubious ethics has the potential to live for a thousand years and watch the dawn and fall of ages

that all of this is based on personal opinions is obvious, and luckilly, generally very modable
Goblins have a natural lifespan.  It's just bounded by murder--nothing more natural to goblins than murdering.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 27, 2011, 11:44:32 am »

I'm willing to bet that it is just the first "mother" wereskunk that is immortal, the immortality being an additional curse bestowed along with the were- curse.

Now that we've got these kinds of specific horrible monsters, it feels much more appropriate to play a night creature hunter in adventure mode since you can conceivably hunt down and kill all of the were-whatevers. Kindof like your classic Vampire Hunter thing, but with werecritters.

Great now Skunk People are going to sexually harass our cats.

I assume that is what Toady meant by "terrorize the townspeople"

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 27, 2011, 12:22:50 pm »

Hey toady said in his last 2 answer-posts something along the lines that vamps will appear too so you will become a vamp hunter eventually if toady implements them.

I hope we get some chance to interact in other ways with the weres in terms of healing them or helping them if they come to terms with theyr were-ness and dont harass others.

Great now Skunk People are going to sexually harass our cats.

I assume that is what Toady meant by "terrorize the townspeople"

Even in the middleages a "Adult content"-industrie did exist so i guess they dont need to harass anybody for that ;)
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 27, 2011, 12:57:01 pm »

I hope we get some chance to interact in other ways with the weres in terms of healing them or helping them if they come to terms with theyr were-ness and dont harass others.
What about interacting with the vampires and being accepted into their society, culminating in a ritualised passing on of the blessing? I mean, I personally would find becoming a vampire desirable because I WANT MY SPARKLES DAMNIT. GIVE THEM TO ME NOW.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 27, 2011, 01:13:22 pm »

This has probably been asked before so no green text, but will we see proper regeneration with the new update like growing back limbs and stuff? Would fit for were-creatures from my point of view. They wouldn't be complete without it.  8)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 27, 2011, 01:22:05 pm »

This has probably been asked before so no green text, but will we see proper regeneration with the new update like growing back limbs and stuff? Would fit for were-creatures from my point of view. They wouldn't be complete without it.  8)

I don't think it was asked, and though it may be view as a bit of a suggestion, it fits the current development, so it is fair game to ask, IMO.

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: anime anime anime anime anime]
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 27, 2011, 02:24:33 pm »

I asked it twice with a bit different questions, and I think somebody else asked it as well.
I don't need a signature.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 27, 2011, 02:28:16 pm »

I'm pretty sure this kind of thing is due to show up when interactions start doing lots of body-part transformations (longer teeth, etc), and I'm also pretty sure that it won't make it in this release due to time constraints. That said, I don't remember the source and I'm too lazy to look up a citation.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 27, 2011, 02:29:24 pm »

Would a dragon even care? "Blargle nom nom, flesh is good, what, Garlic Mashed Potatoes? I can't even digest that, who is trying to gum up my works?"

If you were born a dragon or if your mind became that of a dragon after transforming... Yeah

If you were a human or dwarf (I don't think a uncooked diet would affect Elves... and Goblins don't eat for nutriance) it would be pretty poor.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 27, 2011, 02:29:54 pm »

I asked it twice with a bit different questions, and I think somebody else asked it as well.

Well to some extend growing back limbs is the same vain as growing "new" limbs to which toady said that it is possible but unlikely to be in the next version. Atleast thats what i get and can remeber.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 27, 2011, 02:51:13 pm »

Would a dragon even care? "Blargle nom nom, flesh is good, what, Garlic Mashed Potatoes? I can't even digest that, who is trying to gum up my works?"

If you were born a dragon or if your mind became that of a dragon after transforming... Yeah

If you were a human or dwarf (I don't think a uncooked diet would affect Elves... and Goblins don't eat for nutriance) it would be pretty poor.

Yeah, what if your human adventurer really liked Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and now they can't eat them because they're a dragon? And this is just representative of a whole range of problems- what if the hearing range of a dragon is different than a human? All your favorite songs would sound wrong, assuming you could find a minstrel to perform them for you in the first place! Y'know that feeling you get when its cold outside but you are snug and warm in your blankets early in the morning, with nothing to do all day? Dragons can't fit in blankets! All those things you enjoyed as a kid are completely beyond your grasp now! Dragons may have analogous pleasures, but they aren't the same as human pleasures, and that is the crux of the "it sucks to not be human" argument.

As for the "goblins don't eat" thing... can you imagine living your life for centuries, turning into a dragon, and suddenly you have to eat? ALL THE TIME, from your perspective! Sure, it turns out food you never would have tried is tasty, but you basically just lost an hour or more of your day to a chore you never had to do before.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 27, 2011, 03:11:03 pm »

I personally have to wonder what the ramifications and implications are of goblins not eating. What's to stop them from severe population explosion?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 27, 2011, 03:22:45 pm »

Now that I think about it, a Weredragon is a really great curse. Sure, you're shunned from society, but then again, society is just another word for a five course meal.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 298