Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1167044 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #630 on: May 30, 2011, 04:21:14 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf

Evidently they've been half-wolf/half-man since the 1700's.

It's funny how often we find out here... some things are older than we think and others are a lot newer than me think.

Reading that I was surprised to hear the idea of transmitting the curse by bite is relatively new. And that humanoid werewolves have been around a lot longer than I thought. Though it does say that the werewolf typically looked like a wolf in most stories. The idea that a werewolf didn't have a tail is completely new to me though.

Though honestly it ultimately doesn't matter what is right and wrong. For now we get whatever Toady thinks is right for the meantime (which is fine by me as Toady seems to do his research) and someday we can mod werewolves to be whatever we personally decided we like. Therein lies the awesome of this game. Your idea of a werewolf not in the game, well then get to work. You want a werechicken to be in everyone of your worlds, just mod it in. I mean, yes, we have a while before the game gets to the point where we can do anything we want, but at the same time some of mod-ability is already going to be there.

We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 30, 2011, 04:29:10 pm »

When a were-curse is bestowed, is the creature selected completely random? If yes, is it going to stay random, or will it eventually depend on the god in questions or something?
I ask because I suddenly got a mental image of a small inuit village being plagued by were-camels.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 30, 2011, 04:37:14 pm »

When a were-curse is bestowed, is the creature selected completely random? If yes, is it going to stay random, or will it eventually depend on the god in questions or something?
I ask because I suddenly got a mental image of a small inuit village being plagued by were-camels.

Given it uses the FB system I'm leaning on "random" but this is a wonderful idea, heh.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 30, 2011, 05:02:01 pm »

Given it uses the FB system I'm leaning on "random" but this is a wonderful idea, heh.

Inuit: I was attacked by something... I think it was a moose... but it didn't look like moose... it had no antlers... and a strange protrusion in the middle of its back... what... was... it...  :'(
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 30, 2011, 05:10:19 pm »

Hey Guys...

Do Wereanimals automatically get claws?

I always found it odd that Werewolves got razorsharp claws.

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 30, 2011, 05:11:16 pm »

Inuit: I was attacked by something... I think it was a moose... but it didn't look like moose... it had no antlers... and a strange protrusion in the middle of its back... what... was... it...  :'(
Exactly. I mean, sometimes gods should maybe turn people into creatures that didn't exist there before (like with Arachne and king Lykaeon from Greek myth), but there's a reason Europe had werewolves and not were-tigers, like in India. (also, a god associated with cats turning someone he doesn't like into a were-rat just feels so right)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 30, 2011, 05:14:15 pm »

The Weretigers of India... were really REALLY not weretigers... they were a bit more awsome then that.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 30, 2011, 07:06:39 pm »

Will dead creatures still have the generic "his upper body is gone" in their description now that corpses can be raised?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 30, 2011, 08:19:23 pm »

The Weretigers of India... were really REALLY not weretigers... they were a bit more awsome then that.

Did they Got Tiger?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 30, 2011, 08:48:15 pm »

Did they Got Tiger?

They have been trying to get that got tiger throughout the history of the gotweretiger species.

LeeDub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 30, 2011, 11:42:56 pm »

Quote from: devlog
werelizard jeweler

I can already picture the werecow milkers. Ugh.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 31, 2011, 03:07:52 am »

Can you milk a werecow ?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #642 on: May 31, 2011, 03:23:31 am »

Can you milk a werecow ?
If it's just had a werecalf within the last couple of months perhaps.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 31, 2011, 04:38:06 am »

with a werebull?
I am a Goober.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 31, 2011, 05:01:56 am »

Quote from: Toady One
O! My fisherdwarf was interrupted by... werelizard jeweler!?
Fisherdwarves have ever been the unluckiest of dwarves.

Because if they can stay alive without need to eat, it either ruins law of conservation of energy or implies that they are able to get enormous amounts of energy from thin air using ultra advanced technology that even we don't yet have(nuclear fission of hydrogen from water mist, anyone?)
In a setting that is planned to contain "real" gods and magic I think there will be easy and numerous ways to justify it (and even a few good ways). Unless you are also against gods and magic and prefer that everything in the game is explainable by the physical laws in our world, then that's something else.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 298