Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1154428 times)

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #855 on: June 06, 2011, 01:26:20 pm »

I wonder if the blue stuff is included in the list?

As for vampires I wonder how world gen decides if profaning the temple turns you into a vampire or a werecreature. Maybe in future versions there will be different kinds of profaning and other methods (druidic rituals, cursed items or even the old classic bored gods)

I'm a bit disappointed that it seems like we won't be able to chain sun fearing vampires outside in df mode for make-shift torches. That said it would be nice to have a definite way of creating fires now that we're going to be besieged by undead hordes that will keep coming back.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 06, 2011, 03:26:57 pm »

On a completely unrelated note:
Reading the Wheel of Time series... I now finally know how elves are makin' their kosher wood stuff! Have a look guys: Treesinging

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 06, 2011, 03:56:58 pm »

Unfortunately, if their weaknesses limited to weapons materials then... well, you can make short swords out of any stone, remember? Any of them.

Hasn't that been broken for a long time, though? Last I remember, the material for a stone short sword wound up being the *wood* used to make it, not the stone.

I'm pretty sure it's all working now, as I've made some Sylvite Short Swords in my current fort. Unless it's using the wood material and calling it the rock material, which seems unlikely. However, I should warn that they're not necessarily much better than wooden short swords.
It always worked. The old bug was that it was naming the sword after the wood instead of the rock.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 06, 2011, 04:45:30 pm »

On a completely unrelated note:
Reading the Wheel of Time series... I now finally know how elves are makin' their kosher wood stuff! Have a look guys: Treesinging
Awesome, man. I've got stuck between 12th and 13th in the series.

On an on-topic note, Will were-creatures be possibly undead?

The thought of all my dwarfs turning into skeletal elves carp badgers DRAGONS terrifies me.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 06, 2011, 06:38:15 pm »

Unfortunately, if their weaknesses limited to weapons materials then... well, you can make short swords out of any stone, remember? Any of them.

Hasn't that been broken for a long time, though? Last I remember, the material for a stone short sword wound up being the *wood* used to make it, not the stone.

I'm pretty sure it's all working now, as I've made some Sylvite Short Swords in my current fort. Unless it's using the wood material and calling it the rock material, which seems unlikely. However, I should warn that they're not necessarily much better than wooden short swords.
It always worked. The old bug was that it was naming the sword after the wood instead of the rock.

No, it wasn't just the name, it was the material itself. Otherwise, that slade short sword I made would have weighed a bit more. That was a long time ago, though.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 06, 2011, 10:07:02 pm »

Quote from: Threetoe, todays log
Don't stop believing

Woah-oo-OOOOOOOHH!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 06, 2011, 10:17:42 pm »

Quote from: Threetoe, todays log
Don't stop believing.

Woah-oo-OOOOOOOHH!
Now with appropriate link.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 06, 2011, 10:24:50 pm »

Unfortunately I actually like this song.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 06, 2011, 10:28:07 pm »

There is a whole lot of music I genuinely enjoy that most other people only seem to appreciate on an ironic level. Rick Astley, for starters.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #864 on: June 06, 2011, 10:44:47 pm »

Bring on the mundane arc!  The little, tiny things are the ones that define tone the strongest.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 06, 2011, 11:27:22 pm »

Bring on the mundane arc!  The little, tiny things are the ones that define tone the strongest.

Yes.

I think now hovels and the such will have beds, tables, chairs the such again so that the poltergeists in haunted houses have something to throw at you.

Really though, hovels needed beds, tables and chairs in the first place, more then they needed ghosts haunting them.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 06, 2011, 11:43:53 pm »

There is a whole lot of music I genuinely enjoy that most other people only seem to appreciate on an ironic level. Rick Astley, for starters.

I'm ashamed of how much I enjoy being Rick Rolled.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #867 on: June 07, 2011, 01:00:37 am »

No one likes Journey ironically, everyone LOVES Journey.  Thinking that just shows how uncool you are, square.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 07, 2011, 01:27:27 am »

I don't like Journey. >_>
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 07, 2011, 03:39:53 am »

"Fear not, the night creatures will still come for you"....

Only in Dwarf Fortress can you say this without being eye-twitchingly and brain-foamingly insane.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 298