Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1162936 times)

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2130 on: September 12, 2011, 02:28:28 pm »

Sadly creatures are not items... although you might be able to do some kind of eggbreath maybe?
where is up?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: September 12, 2011, 02:33:33 pm »

Wasn't there somebody trying to make chickens lay bees? Similar concepts may apply, for to make Bee Breath.

CharlesPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • My Dark Twisted Pretzel Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: September 12, 2011, 08:06:20 pm »

Could you make dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you? Are we getting closer to a version where that could be reality?
UU,.~U~,.\b,.

Dienes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: September 12, 2011, 10:37:04 pm »

Wasn't there somebody trying to make chickens lay bees? Similar concepts may apply, for to make Bee Breath.
Last I heard you could only make rather buggy useless bees. But it might be possible to then do an interaction on the bee to turn it into a werewolf or something. Then it would wander, possibly invisible, around the map and once a month turn into a blood thirsty monster.

Although depending on how robust the interaction system is it may also be possible to have a material breathe attack of a placeholder material and an interaction on that material that animates it as a creature in a bizarre pseudo necromancy.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: September 13, 2011, 02:17:21 pm »

Could you make dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you? Are we getting closer to a version where that could be reality?

This.  This idea has been mulling in my head ever since I heard about the bee-laying chicken experiment, but I have not yet mustered a Competent level of Rawsmith to attempt it. 

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: September 13, 2011, 06:45:15 pm »

With the latest devlog I have a new bug prediction.

When it rains, instead of dwarves melting they just catch on fire. ;)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: September 13, 2011, 09:32:06 pm »

Quote from: Toady One
The player-controlled dragonfire worked on all those elves in the arena...

A man who knows his audience.

Quote from: Toady One
...and things will actually catch on fire now instead of just melting.

Dwarven funeral pyres!
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: September 13, 2011, 09:45:26 pm »

Wait. Is catching on fire as a living thing something new entirely? I don't think I've seen anything except objects be on fire!

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: September 13, 2011, 09:53:43 pm »

If flammable objects (cloth, wood furniture, booze, hair, etc...) catch fire, do they eventually exhaust their fuel and leave a "bar" of ash behind? Or do they burn indefinitely like the "bin o' flaming lignite" of the past?
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: September 13, 2011, 10:28:05 pm »

Inching closer to release. It's just so close to being finished. EA would have already released it :P.

Just wish I could see the pages of issues.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: September 14, 2011, 12:07:11 am »

Wait. Is catching on fire as a living thing something new entirely? I don't think I've seen anything except objects be on fire!

No, they caught fire back before 31.1. That release overhauled a bunch of different systems and apparently bjorked the temperature system in the process. Fire was very nasty in the past; if a dwarf caught fire, it probably wouldn't be long before most of your other dwarves were on fire too.

Next release'll be awesome!

Inching closer to release. It's just so close to being finished. EA would have already released it :P .

And sell the bits they didn't finish as DLC later.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:09:58 am by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: September 14, 2011, 12:51:33 am »

No, they caught fire back before 31.1. That release overhauled a bunch of different systems and apparently bjorked the temperature system in the process. Fire was very nasty in the past; if a dwarf caught fire, it probably wouldn't be long before most of your other dwarves were on fire too.
I was under the impression that the clothing was what was on fire when dwarves ignited.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: September 14, 2011, 02:46:00 am »

You say you fixed items from melting by Dragon Fire.
If you use Dragon Fire on a Bronze Golem, will it burn or melt now?
I think, it should melt, because Dragon Fire is supposed to be really hot :>
Or maybe you could add a heat level for creatures made of metal, so it would be possible to melt it after several bursts of Dragon Fire.
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: September 14, 2011, 09:57:03 am »

You say you fixed items from melting by Dragon Fire.
If you use Dragon Fire on a Bronze Golem, will it burn or melt now?
I think, it should melt, because Dragon Fire is supposed to be really hot :>
Or maybe you could add a heat level for creatures made of metal, so it would be possible to melt it after several bursts of Dragon Fire.

Bronze isn't flammable, and bronze golems already melt in dragon fire.  The point of the devlog was that things that should catch on fire will now do so in addition to melting, rather than melting and nothing else.  Things that should not catch on fire (bronze) will continue to just melt.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: September 14, 2011, 10:40:16 am »

I wonder how this is determined without Flash-point or Fire-point in the raws. Ok you can go over the (self)Ignition-point which is already in the raws but for a realistic ignition behavior of some materials - especialy vapors and sprays - you would need these two points. I want my pressed oil to ignite at 230°C and not somewhere over 300 where its autoignition point is.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 298