Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1154144 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2190 on: September 20, 2011, 03:32:20 am »

dumb question:

If there a post/link/article/single place where it lists what's been confirmed/expected or likely to be in the next release to us?

I keep seeing in various threads comments eluding to features that are slated to be in the next release but I'm having a damnable time checking to see whats coming out in the build vs whats coming out in much later builds.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1u8jibE1TV7BAwAI2b4TzRkWFlBboLiXMrVBhYmDYPhI&pli=1

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: September 20, 2011, 06:29:37 am »

The problem with the all-werebeast fortress is going to be dealing with the tantrum spirals when every child born in the fortress gets brutally slain in mysterious werebeast attacks before reaching one month old.

Hmm. On that note:

If someone gives birth while under were-transformation, what do they give birth to?

I can't help but hope for "invalid pointer reference causes transformed dwarf to give birth to forgotten beast/HFS"

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2192 on: September 20, 2011, 08:25:07 am »

The answer to such things is clearly an adamantine plug.
Also known as Zuhayr.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: September 20, 2011, 09:35:38 am »

Wouldn't lycantropy be inherited? It would be bizzare if being bitten by a werewolf counts but not being born from one.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: September 20, 2011, 09:50:37 am »

does being bitten by a werewolf in human form count?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: September 20, 2011, 11:54:43 am »

If someone gives birth while under were-transformation, what do they give birth to?
Given that were-creatures are apparently implemented as a separate creature definition that lacks any kind of caste and gender, and that only female can give birth, I'd expect that this can't actually happen, and that existing pregnancies are postponed until after the transformation. If for some reason a werebeast does manage to give birth (perhaps through modding), I'd expect the child to be a full-fledged beast type without a human (dwarf, goblin, kobold) side.

Quote from: Heph
Can weres-somethings breed with each other respecktive theyr former spouses or do they do they do it like the hags etc. and turn someone? Also how fast is the change and when will the infected person realisize that s/he is cursed? Can they control there power/were-form (maybe depending on theyr willpower)? Will they have a chance to get cured?

Right now they are without castes/gender/etc., just to avoid dealing with matching things up for now, so they don't do anything after a permanent switch.  The curse transformation can be permanent or periodic....
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: September 20, 2011, 03:11:16 pm »

It could be that pregnancy gets "healed" during the therantropic period due to the dwarves returning to their natural state when transforming back.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

TheChosen

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: September 21, 2011, 01:06:42 am »

I read that there's gonna be immortality, possibility for both players and NPC's.

The question is are they still vulnerable somehow? Do they die by decapitation?

If so, the first swordsman Im gonna make in that version is so gonna be immortal, and he will hunt down the rest of them, because in the end....
TheChosen cancels Mega-project: Too sane

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: September 21, 2011, 03:00:50 am »

I read that there's gonna be immortality, possibility for both players and NPC's.

If so, the first swordsman Im gonna make in that version is so gonna be immortal, and he will hunt down the rest of them, because in the end....

Immortality rarely means unkillable.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #2199 on: September 21, 2011, 03:56:36 am »

Indded, It usually means removal of aging (and rapid aging to death if immortality is stripped)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: September 21, 2011, 04:52:02 am »

Indded, It usually means removal of aging (and rapid aging to death if immortality is stripped)

Considering some of the interactions are said to completely heal you....
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #2201 on: September 21, 2011, 05:07:18 am »

Those can be two different secrets...

Besides, I can see pretty much every adventurer of the note to eventually become immortal werewolf necromancer.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: September 21, 2011, 05:11:50 am »

Besides, I can see pretty much every adventurer of the note to eventually become immortal werewolf necromancer.

I was assuming he meant the healing one, not necessarily the eternal life one.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

TheChosen

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: September 21, 2011, 06:49:14 am »

I didnt actually think there was a difference. Besides, what good is of immortality to player character if its only age related? I dont think many have spend in-game years in adventure mode.
TheChosen cancels Mega-project: Too sane

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #2204 on: September 21, 2011, 07:05:28 am »

I didnt actually think there was a difference. Besides, what good is of immortality to player character if its only age related? I dont think many have spend in-game years in adventure mode.

On the other hand, historical figures can find it usefull. As can dwarves in dwarf mode. Enough time to watch pyramids grow and whatnot.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 298