Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1162913 times)

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3030 on: November 26, 2011, 06:26:53 am »

So if a Were-dwarf dashes for the closest target during a full moon to attack. Will it be any target, including other Were-dwarves?

And I'm curious about the disguises.

If a disguised vampire gains a title through the military, will said title stay if the disguise is busted? Or maybe that isn't not how the disguise system works.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: November 26, 2011, 06:33:28 am »

So if a Were-dwarf dashes for the closest target during a full moon to attack. Will it be any target, including other Were-dwarves?
Werecreatures of the same type are friendly to each other. Weres of differing types aren't.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: November 26, 2011, 12:12:45 pm »

Why did you choose to only let body parts with a head or grasp be animatable by necromancers, and not all body parts or those with a stance (e.g. feet and legs)? It seems sensible to be able to raise someone's lower half.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: November 26, 2011, 01:29:16 pm »

Will mugs soon be weaponized?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: November 26, 2011, 01:57:40 pm »

I assume this is a troll question, so just to troll you a bit more, I have the answer. It already is.

Also keep in mind that we have declared that anything that is throwable by an adventurer is weaponizable. This means that every single item that can be held is weaponizable. This includes dead plants, refuse, stones, bodies, pebbles, armor, unbuilt furniture, cooked meals, [mugs], and anything else that is haul-able by a dwarf. So if you are looking for something that isn't weaponizable you are going to need to look into things that can't be carried by a dwarf, such as snow (which I think has come closest to winning), clouds, mist, or other more intangible things.

From the 'A challenge' thread in Dwarf Mode discussion.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: November 26, 2011, 02:35:29 pm »

I assume this is a troll question, so just to troll you a bit more, I have the answer. It already is.

Also keep in mind that we have declared that anything that is throwable by an adventurer is weaponizable. This means that every single item that can be held is weaponizable. This includes dead plants, refuse, stones, bodies, pebbles, armor, unbuilt furniture, cooked meals, [mugs], and anything else that is haul-able by a dwarf. So if you are looking for something that isn't weaponizable you are going to need to look into things that can't be carried by a dwarf, such as snow (which I think has come closest to winning), clouds, mist, or other more intangible things.

Bravo, you beat me to it. I don't know whether it's sad or exceedingly funny that people can't legitimately troll because we've already thoroughly defined and SCIENCEd everything we can think of.

Also,
Why did you choose to only let body parts with a head or grasp be animatable by necromancers, and not all body parts or those with a stance (e.g. feet and legs)? It seems sensible to be able to raise someone's lower half.

I can't recall any zombie lower halfs from any other games/movies I've seen. On many, MANY occasions in other games you'll strike down a zombie only to have the top half come crawling after you, but I've never seen a lower half hop up and run into things. I guess that's the big reason, what in the world would a lower half actually DO? I can't imagine they'd kick too hard since they have little to no weight behind em so unless they'd... throw their innards or something the only other possible attacks would require immediate brain bleach.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: November 26, 2011, 02:36:39 pm »

They are? I didn't even realize mugs are weaponized.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: November 26, 2011, 05:18:40 pm »

Anything you can grasp in DF can be used as a weapon, from ballista bolts to dragon corpses.

Tales of adventurers dual wielding dragons are not unheard of :P
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: November 26, 2011, 08:13:53 pm »

Anything you can grasp in DF can be used as a weapon, from ballista bolts to dragon corpses.

Tales of adventurers dual wielding dragons are not unheard of :P

Dwarf Fortress: When you thought dual-wielding elephants was enough...

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: November 26, 2011, 09:01:49 pm »

I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: November 26, 2011, 11:05:09 pm »

Once again, we're left with no key, and thus little insight into what we're actually looking like.

I have a feeling we already have an answer to this but what's a meadow in the context of DF?
And also, does "waste" refer to land that's unused and thus wasted, or a dump?
Do the wooded areas have free-roaming swine, or are all pigs penned up as things are now?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:28:04 am by Cruxador »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: November 27, 2011, 12:12:22 am »

And also, does "waste" refer to land that's unused and thus wasted, or a dump?

"Waste" appears to be a term for a specific type of pasture; I haven't read that carefully enough yet to understand the distinction.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: November 27, 2011, 12:30:16 am »

Waste is the stuff you feed the animals on.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: November 27, 2011, 01:30:14 am »

Huh. Looking for that on wikipedia eventually brought me around to the manor system, where I discovered waste in a list of land types, probably the one which Toady was using, which describes it as "economically unproductive" land.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: November 27, 2011, 01:31:04 am »

Yeah. So you use it to feed your geese and such, as opposed to the pastures you'd use for growing crops.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 298