Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1154194 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #4020 on: January 26, 2012, 06:08:51 pm »

I do not think Toady has any plans to fix bugs in other games. ¯\(°_o)/¯

EDIT: Oh, wait, you mean the Dungeon Master. I have no idea.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: January 26, 2012, 06:20:47 pm »

Quote from: Footkerchief
Does the Justice revamping mean that the bug with baron-appointed nobles e.g. the hammerer will be fixed?

The hammerer was fixed.  The dungeon master is still in limbo.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:24:04 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: January 26, 2012, 07:39:37 pm »

Next version, no. Bugfixes after, maybe.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: January 26, 2012, 07:49:01 pm »

I'm a bit anxious.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #4024 on: January 26, 2012, 08:29:22 pm »

Question: are there any plans to implement a feature that will allow mass "Trade" designations, similar to the "Dump" and "Forbid" functions (d->b->T, perhaps)? This would sure make moving all those +green glass goblets+ a much less monotonous task.

You can make trading easier on yourself with a macro. Try recording a macro of <enter>, <down>. Then assign that to one key, which you can now hold down to keep selecting more things in the trade screen. You could also have a macro which does multiple down+enter, for say 10 items at a time.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

O11O1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: January 26, 2012, 11:51:23 pm »

Question: are there any plans to implement a feature that will allow mass "Trade" designations, similar to the "Dump" and "Forbid" functions (d->b->T, perhaps)? This would sure make moving all those +green glass goblets+ a much less monotonous task.

You can make trading easier on yourself with a macro. Try recording a macro of <enter>, <down>. Then assign that to one key, which you can now hold down to keep selecting more things in the trade screen. You could also have a macro which does multiple down+enter, for say 10 items at a time.

Handy as that trick is, Bins are also massively helpful.

He does have a point though, being able to just mass select my craft goods warehouse and have my swarms of haulers just decend on them in about 5-6 keystrokes.... would be very nice.
A slight smell of ions.....

... "My student guidance counselor said my personality test results came back, and my ideal career is as a brigand because I love hurting people and stealing stuff, with a Life Goal of killing 3 or 4 adventurers" ...

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: January 26, 2012, 11:53:11 pm »

He does have a point though, being able to just mass select my craft goods warehouse and have my swarms of haulers just decend on them in about 5-6 keystrokes.... would be very nice.
Well, we probably wont see this get touched until all the world gen trade stuff is incorporated into Fort Mode.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #4027 on: January 27, 2012, 02:23:08 am »

Picking goods for sale is not problem - easily macroed; bins are indeed very helpfull, select goods to trade screen allows you to search by string and filter by type.

But picking goods for purchase is. You have look carefully through list of available items instead of blindly selecting everything which can be real pain in the ass. There is no way to sort or search goods list. Anyone who traded for steel items to melt can attest to that.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: January 27, 2012, 03:47:05 am »

Well, if I am remembering correctly, Toady made some changes to the trade interface for both adventure and dwarf mode, so we'll have to wait and see how it is now. 
where is up?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: January 27, 2012, 08:33:23 am »

I've been having some trouble with dwarves not seing what is inside bins though. :(
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: January 27, 2012, 08:42:00 am »

<quote pyramid>

Picking goods for sale is not problem - easily macroed; bins are indeed very helpfull, select goods to trade screen allows you to search by string and filter by type.

But picking goods for purchase is. You have look carefully through list of available items instead of blindly selecting everything which can be real pain in the ass. There is no way to sort or search goods list. Anyone who traded for steel items to melt can attest to that.

Yeah it is big problem for me too, takes so much careful looking to find the items you want.
Even worse for items with long names because you need to (v)iew each of them so see exactly what kind of item it is.
A filter option like in "Bring items to depot" screen would be great help. Hopefully Toady will get to it one day...
I even added related item to Eternal Suggestions Vote but it seems that idea is mostly discontinued.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: January 27, 2012, 06:37:26 pm »

I've been having some trouble with dwarves not seing what is inside bins though. :(

I think that's fixed next version, along with only being able to buy whole stacks.

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: January 27, 2012, 07:48:32 pm »

With necromancy in the next release can we expect it to be built upon more in future releases such as being able to reanimate your hand and reattach it

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: January 27, 2012, 08:47:53 pm »

With necromancy in the next release can we expect it to be built upon more in future releases such as being able to reanimate your hand and reattach it

Necromancy , and the other new proto magic stuff will get expanded upon, when the need arises in future updates.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: January 27, 2012, 09:45:53 pm »

God damnit I've got a serious feeling that the release is nigh but for all I know there are dozens of misc issues left.

I am getting IRL mocked for how often I'm refreshing /dwarves
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:51:16 pm by Footkerchief »
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 298