Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1154425 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #4065 on: January 29, 2012, 01:11:48 am »

Do toirtoisemen wear colored bandanas?

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: January 29, 2012, 04:01:44 am »

Do toirtoisemen wear colored bandanas?

Are they perhaps 'cool but rude'?
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: January 29, 2012, 04:45:07 am »

Will the frequency of beast rampages ever be nerfed. My current world's Dwarven civilisation has had 248 leaders over 250 years. Two of which starved to death. The rest were killed by night hags and gloom trolls.
A quick inspection of other civilizations in that world shows a similar pattern.

EDIT: Question removed for two reasons:
1. No one can kill hags/trolls outside of duels right now.
2. Kings were mentioned as overly-common candidates for necromancer training in the devlog. Similar problem.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:35:40 pm by NobodyPro »

JamCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: January 29, 2012, 05:11:09 am »

If an Elf eats a vampire will it become a vampire?

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #4069 on: January 29, 2012, 01:14:17 pm »

my forts usually slow to 40-60 FPS after 4 or 5 years at 100 popcap

My 3 FPS

Let me show you it  :-X

Okay so I realized the other day that I have actually been running the SAME FORT for the nearly-a-year since the last release. I haven't had as much time to play as I used to, pesky growing up, but it has many years into it. Fortunately I upgraded to a machine with a bit more oomph and I have been meticulously avoiding things I have found to be FPS drains in the past so it's still up around 19FPS during normal circumstances.

When the new version comes out, I will respectfully retire Obeyrang as equal in fame and glory to my long-running 40d Paddlecolumns which was ended by the Great April Fools Launch of 2010.  :D
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: January 29, 2012, 02:37:47 pm »

Will the frequency of beast rampages ever be nerfed. My current world's Dwarven civilisation has had 248 leaders over 250 years. Two of which starved to death. The rest were killed by night hags and gloom trolls.
A quick inspection of other civilizations in that world shows a similar pattern.

You kidding? Sometimes It feels like Rampages should occur more often then once every 4 years. What do they do in the mean time?

The issues with Important people are as follows.
A) The game doesn't project how "defended" or "unobtainable" a character would be. While a king COULD be taken (there are certainly stories of kings being ambushed by thugs) it should be very unlikely and the King's entourage should scare attackers away or even injure/slay them.
B) The Non-historical figures are not a valid target. Inspite of the fact that they should consist of the majority of the casualties.
-I think it is just somewhat of a placeholder. So during a dragon rampage it will kill dozens of unimportant peasants but the important part would be the historical figure.

Hmm can't think of a C.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: January 29, 2012, 03:11:32 pm »

Every time he updates the devlog and it isn't the new version announcement, I'm crestfallen. ESPECIALLY when the update seems to imply it'll be far longer of a wait than I thought.

god damnit.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: January 29, 2012, 04:10:30 pm »

I'm not going to complain so long as the wait doesn't pass the one-year mark.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: January 29, 2012, 04:17:31 pm »

I predict the new version will come out within the first few days of February. Possibly 1/2/12.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: January 29, 2012, 06:26:21 pm »

Last night I dreamed the new update was released... As soon as I checked /dwarves my heart sank. :‹ D'awwwww. Aaaand I just remembered that the new update includes adventurer interactions...Goblins beware! Dragon adventurers are on the way~
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:35:58 pm by Organum »
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: January 29, 2012, 06:48:17 pm »

Heh i get the impresion that toady is aiming for another 1st April update  :P
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: January 29, 2012, 07:27:28 pm »

I predict the new version will come out within the first few days of February. Possibly 1/2/12.

I predict that by saying that, you have doomed us all.

Although I sincerely hope you are correct.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: January 29, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »

Groundhog Day, eh?  If it doesn't come out, will we have to wait six more weeks? ;)
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: January 29, 2012, 09:26:57 pm »

Groundhog Day, eh?  If it doesn't come out, will we have to wait six more weeks? ;)

Groundhog's Day is Feb 2.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: January 29, 2012, 09:28:40 pm »

Groundhog's Day is Feb 2.

Which is 2/2/12, but americans go by the weird MM/DD/YYYY system.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 298