Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1154212 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #4080 on: January 29, 2012, 09:31:18 pm »

I predict the new version will come out within the first few days of February. Possibly 1/2/12.

Groundhog Day, eh?  If it doesn't come out, will we have to wait six more weeks? ;)

Groundhog's Day is Feb 2.

Which is 2/2/12, but americans go by the weird MM/DD/YYYY system.

i believe that comes from say... January 1st 2012. aka MM/DD/YYYY.
however, much to the annoyance looking over anything i wrote in the past, i alternate between the two popular systems sometimes.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4081 on: January 29, 2012, 09:46:36 pm »

I predict the new version will come out within the first few days of February. Possibly 1/2/12.

Groundhog Day, eh?  If it doesn't come out, will we have to wait six more weeks? ;)

No, but he'll re-release the same version thousands of times.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: January 29, 2012, 10:08:13 pm »

Well that would keep with the major release on a minor holiday bit...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: January 29, 2012, 11:18:20 pm »

Quote from: ToadyOne
Generally, a body part can be assigned any number of extra items in the creature definition to drop upon being butchered.

And suddenly, we can have Genesis Balrogs dropping their actual weapons when their arms get butchered.

Among other things. ;D

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: January 29, 2012, 11:20:28 pm »

And animated armor dropping a full set upon death. :D

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: January 29, 2012, 11:21:08 pm »

Quote from: ToadyOne
Generally, a body part can be assigned any number of extra items in the creature definition to drop upon being butchered.

And suddenly, we can have Genesis Balrogs dropping their actual weapons when their arms get butchered.

Among other things. ;D

Yeah, that should be interesting. I bet this'll come in handy when he gets around to the "swords for arms" constructed night creatures, too.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: January 29, 2012, 11:33:28 pm »

Quote from: devlog
Various animals root around in the dirt and eat bugs for your viewing pleasure.

The fact that this was specifically noted, along with it being just bugs and not vermin in general, makes me wonder if it's done via HUNTS_VERMIN or something new.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: January 29, 2012, 11:44:48 pm »

Quote from: devlog
Various animals root around in the dirt and eat bugs for your viewing pleasure.

The fact that this was specifically noted, along with it being just bugs and not vermin in general, makes me wonder if it's done via HUNTS_VERMIN or something new.

Good question- my personal bet is that it is a new thing, maybe an interaction of some sort. This is based solely on the fact that he mentioned "your viewing pleasure," which leads me to imagine, say, chickens scratching up the grass in a tile. Should be exciting.

In other news, another day of sponsorship stuff, and then... well, I suppose it depends how many horrible crashes and terrible things Threetoe found/is finding. 2-2 is looking like a good bet, which would make me happy since that would be perfectly timed for my days off. My luck, it'll get put off until the 5th, at which point I'll have to choose between DF and adequate sleep.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: January 30, 2012, 12:26:23 am »

Ah, in my haste to make yet another clever remark I misread that.  That looks like January 1, but since January is almost over, my brain skipped to the next month.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: January 30, 2012, 12:28:21 am »

Ah, in my haste to make yet another clever remark I misread that.  That looks like January 1, but since January is almost over, my brain skipped to the next month.

i got severe Deja vu about this post for some reason... wtf.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: January 30, 2012, 12:37:31 am »

Exams finish on Feb 2nd... :)

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: January 30, 2012, 02:09:07 am »

Anyone gonna mod up some money spiders?
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: January 30, 2012, 02:24:34 am »

No real need.  There's already a ton of cash in adventure mode and not much to spend it on.  At least needing food will help drain off some of that cash.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:32:17 am by orius »
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: January 30, 2012, 04:28:19 am »

I've been expecting early* February as the most likely time for months. It's rather vindicating to see that as time progresses, my ballpark guesstimating from ages ago looks increasingly likely, with no real change besides the margin of error shrinking.
No real need.  There's already a ton of cash in adventure mode and not much to spend it on.  At least needing food will help drain off some of that cash.
The new shops will give us better a better ability to spend money too. Probably not enough that we'll covet coinage, but it should help a bit. Once we get sites and livestock become available we'll have a boundless cash-sink to boot. We can be ranchers.

*first two weeks

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: January 30, 2012, 04:51:50 am »

I'm hoping that the new manner of tracking items in the village will lead to animal corpses/remains eventually being carved into cool items to be bought again later.

On that note...

Are there any plans to have 'custom order' type stores, where you supply the materials and money and receive an item made from it, like, say, a tooth amulet kept as a trophy, or a dragon hide armour?

I know you can do this stuff with reactions already, but, puh-leese, it's not legit till it's vanilla.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 298