Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1154388 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #4410 on: February 14, 2012, 01:03:15 pm »

First Age of Myth -- Years 1-47
First Age of Legends -- Year 48
Second Age of Myth -- Years 49-51
Second Age of Legends -- Years 52-92
Age of Heroes -- Years 93-134
Golden Age -- Years 135-200 (present)

Holy goddamn, I can't remember the last time I had a Golden Age. Probably back when every world ran to 1050 and ages were based strictly on what year it was.

Also that bit where it went into the Age of Legends for a single year and went right back to Myth is kind of weird.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:10:01 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: February 14, 2012, 01:08:11 pm »

Holy goddamn, I can't remember the last time I had a Golden Age. Probably back when every world ran to 1050 and ages were based strictly on what year it was.

I'm not sure if they ever were.

Anyway, yeah, it seems to actually happen now, which I like.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #4412 on: February 14, 2012, 01:09:10 pm »

Regarding Truetype:
Are there plans to remove the remaining non-truetype pieces of text in the game? (certain symbols in the (V)iew menu, diplomacy and thoughts etc...).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:05:30 pm by Mike Mayday »
<3

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: February 14, 2012, 01:11:18 pm »

I'm not sure if they ever were.

Anyway, yeah, it seems to actually happen now, which I like.

They were; that's how ages worked years back.

1-500: Age of Myth
501-1000: Age of Legends
1001-1050: Golden Age

Then the age names got overhauled.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: February 14, 2012, 01:35:17 pm »

durrrrrrr I was just reduced to incomprehensible noising and bashing of my desk. NEW RELEASE DEAR CRIPES.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Myr0ku

• Bay Watcher
  • D for Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: February 14, 2012, 01:43:22 pm »

I just want to say:

OMFG

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: February 14, 2012, 02:03:01 pm »

Necromancers are interesting. I haven't met one yet, but they're prolific authors; some of their books are about the secrets of life and death, but most of them are biographical essays of other necromancers, with occasional short stories thrown in. One autobiographical essay by necromancer Reloth Crowdseize, entitled "Give me Reloth Crowdseize", apparently attracted a bit of literary criticism, because about 80 years later, "To 'Give me Reloth Crowdseize' and Glory!" was written about it. Upon further examination, this later text was also written by Reloth Crowdseize.

Obviously it was a reminiscence about his earlier book.  Perhaps an update.

I have downloaded the new version, but haven't found time to play yet.  Will play soon.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: February 14, 2012, 02:38:41 pm »

I bust out laughing at a few books in my world.

"It had to be the dwarf"
"Extinction: My Only Mistake" (Pretty big mistake...)
"The Human For the Beginning Practitioner" (This is a must read for any necromancer just starting up.)
"The Axe and The Dwarf Explained" (This one is a short essay about a 250 page autobiography. A review perhaps? "Hi, I'm the Necrocritic. I read it, now you don't have to.)
"The Human: The Definitive Guide"
"The Bald Human" (A green glass book about the author written in a viscous tone. Immortal Life without Hair)
"The Minotaur Questioned" (Does the minotaur really like elves for their grace? Aspiring minds want to know!)

This is awesome. I'm having fun just imagining what the books are about.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: February 14, 2012, 02:52:07 pm »

"First Sleep, Then the World!"  ~Contains the secrets of life and death

I really want to play with just the book title generator.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: February 14, 2012, 03:19:03 pm »

Not sure if this is new or not...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Jheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: February 14, 2012, 03:25:04 pm »

Are there plans to let us harvest plants in adventure mode anytime soon? (Or am I just being thicker than usual and missed how to do it?)

I have had several of my adventurers nearly dying from starvation already because they couldn't use those wild strawberries in any way other than indulging their pyromania. ;)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: February 14, 2012, 03:30:10 pm »

Ignoring the risk of looking like a coward/non-armok worshipper; is there any chance that the ambush rates will be toned back to a chance of maybe 3-4 a day?
20-30 is a big number when you're trying to sleep or even ARRIVE at your destination. I can't travel even twelve hours from the city before my 6-10 guard companions have been wiped out by the onslaught of kobolds, dingos, and various other banditos and wildlife. I've become a master axeman in under a week's time, but only managed to complete a few quests because I'll get halfway to the destination before having to turn back or risk bogeymen. It's become more of a slog than adventure mode in 40d.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: February 14, 2012, 03:56:19 pm »

First Age of Myth -- Years 1-47
First Age of Legends -- Year 48
Second Age of Myth -- Years 49-51
Second Age of Legends -- Years 52-92
Age of Heroes -- Years 93-134
Golden Age -- Years 135-200 (present)
Lucky. Mine after Age of Heroes has now the Age of Elves... it's a lot of work but I have to change it ;P

First Adventurer got encased in ice in a middle of a river ;/

Anyway back to Adventuring...
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: February 14, 2012, 03:57:35 pm »

Ignoring the risk of looking like a coward/non-armok worshipper; is there any chance that the ambush rates will be toned back to a chance of maybe 3-4 a day?
20-30 is a big number when you're trying to sleep or even ARRIVE at your destination. I can't travel even twelve hours from the city before my 6-10 guard companions have been wiped out by the onslaught of kobolds, dingos, and various other banditos and wildlife. I've become a master axeman in under a week's time, but only managed to complete a few quests because I'll get halfway to the destination before having to turn back or risk bogeymen. It's become more of a slog than adventure mode in 40d.

Yeah, bandits are a bit overboard right now - just got ambushed starting out of my home town by a mixed group of spearmasters, axe lords and mace lords decked out in masterwork stuff. I'd assume it's because of the general world population increase and nothing really intentional gameplay-wise.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: February 14, 2012, 04:57:49 pm »

YEEEEEEEEEES
YEEEEEEEEEESSSSS
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 298