Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1154138 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #4425 on: February 14, 2012, 05:29:36 pm »

I got a quest to kill a bandit chief. The fish dissector who gave me the quest mentioned he had one kill. I looked up the bandit in Legends and the thing he killed was a troll. Didn't steal anything yet either. What a crappy bandit.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: February 14, 2012, 05:32:58 pm »

I got a quest to kill a bandit chief. The fish dissector who gave me the quest mentioned he had one kill. I looked up the bandit in Legends and the thing he killed was a troll. Didn't steal anything yet either. What a crappy bandit.

It would be interesting if in the future the game would seperate the losers from the masters and give different dialog depending.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: February 14, 2012, 05:41:32 pm »

Bandit, adventurer... you say toe-may-toe I say toe-mah-toe

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: February 14, 2012, 05:43:18 pm »

Oh my god, I saw literally dozens upon dozens upon dozens of humans crammed into a single shop and other connecting rooms.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:44:54 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: February 14, 2012, 05:46:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ohh gawd! Humans have mall technology! we are powerless against their low low prices!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:30:49 pm by Neonivek »

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: February 14, 2012, 06:00:41 pm »

Every world I genned (every one of them with 500 years) there is no water in the sewers and I can't find anything alive on them or in the dungeons.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4431 on: February 14, 2012, 06:12:14 pm »

Oh my god, I saw literally dozens upon dozens upon dozens of humans crammed into a single shop and other connecting rooms.

EDIT:

Ohh gawd! Humans have mall technology! we are powerless against their low low prices!
JUST LOOK AT THE SOX

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: February 14, 2012, 06:35:14 pm »

I recently encountered giant louse, louse-people and thrips-people fighting bogeymen. I love this update already.

Myr0ku

• Bay Watcher
  • D for Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: February 14, 2012, 06:44:16 pm »

Yes, me too, moreover, it looks like it's not too buggy !

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: February 14, 2012, 07:06:35 pm »

Spoiler: Necromancer Spoilers (click to show/hide)

EDIT: a vampire killed 2376 people in his "lust for murder" in one of the largest "human" towns (which oddly enough is largely populated by elves)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:13:49 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: February 14, 2012, 08:23:44 pm »

It didn't take long but it looks like there is quite a bit of stuff for Toady to do.

Fixing up certain enemies and allowing certain others to survive world generation once more.

I will admit that swimming has never been more useful.

To be specific

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:35:57 pm by Neonivek »

O11O1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: February 14, 2012, 09:15:46 pm »

For some reason, the brook is registering as "Stagnant Water [7/7]"

That make sense for the murky pool, but not really for a running brook. It does freeze in winter, but... it's all liquid now.
A slight smell of ions.....

... "My student guidance counselor said my personality test results came back, and my ideal career is as a brigand because I love hurting people and stealing stuff, with a Life Goal of killing 3 or 4 adventurers" ...

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: February 14, 2012, 09:25:04 pm »

i do believe that awesomely enough, rivers occasionally have small pockets of stagnation, particularly at bends.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: February 14, 2012, 09:28:34 pm »

My two favorite computer games of the last decade release sequels/updates on the same day...

(Crusader Kings 2 is the other culprit.)
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: February 14, 2012, 09:34:11 pm »

I'd thought the same thing about bends in waterway, or the "stills" along the ramps into/out of the river.  However, I'd found it also in straight aways, in a waterway that was "water 7/7" just the day before.  I tracked the waterway to its source, no artesian well, spring or anything, just a dead end with water starting there then ending.. elsewhere. (Is that common?)  I'd gone about my merry way, looking for small animals to practice dodging, gophers, etc., but finding only thrips and beetles.  Came back later in the day and the river straightaway that was "stagnant water 7/7" that morning, was back to "water 7/7" that afternoon.  So, I guess once everybody has emptied their chamber pots of the morning, and things have had a chance to run downstream, it's potable again.  Such realism!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298