Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1154169 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #4440 on: February 14, 2012, 09:37:46 pm »

Are there plans to let us harvest plants in adventure mode anytime soon? (Or am I just being thicker than usual and missed how to do it?)

I have had several of my adventurers nearly dying from starvation already because they couldn't use those wild strawberries in any way other than indulging their pyromania. ;)

Yes there are plans.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: February 14, 2012, 09:42:45 pm »

Does "Reader" even do anything? I always take a few levels in it to make sure my guy isn't illiterate when I find a book but I haven't survived long enough to actually get to a book/tablet.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: February 14, 2012, 09:43:55 pm »

Im loving the excessive ambushes, and they are really ok once you thin the populations a bit.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: February 14, 2012, 10:13:14 pm »

Cats can clean nearby creatures. No need for bath tubs no more! Send in the mobile dwarven cleaning units.

I genning a world right now. This is going to be fun!

:D :D :D :D :D  Kittiiiiieeeees

Shoot, I'm going to have, like, hours of overtime tomorrow. Gah!

I must get an SSH client on my tablet.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:16:26 pm by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

hoveringdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: February 14, 2012, 11:05:35 pm »

I'm having no luck with this release. So far, started adventure mode hungry and killed an alpaca for sustenance. Cue every alpaca within miles to converge on my location and attack. After having pulled myself free from a pile of alpaca corpses, wandered into the nearest town. Every villager there attacked without provocation.  I'd love to explore the new content, but does that mean having to defend myself constantly from angry blood-avenging alpacas and their human sympathizers?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: February 14, 2012, 11:09:47 pm »

With any luck, yes! LOL

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: February 14, 2012, 11:10:39 pm »

I'm having no luck with this release. So far, started adventure mode hungry and killed an alpaca for sustenance. Cue every alpaca within miles to converge on my location and attack. After having pulled myself free from a pile of alpaca corpses, wandered into the nearest town. Every villager there attacked without provocation.  I'd love to explore the new content, but does that mean having to defend myself constantly from angry blood-avenging alpacas and their human sympathizers?

The alpaca was a member of their civilization, so you made yourself an enemy by killing it.  Make sure that the animals you kill are wild, and you should be okay.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: February 14, 2012, 11:11:35 pm »

the alpaca you attacked was probably a domestic animal belonging to the town

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: February 14, 2012, 11:16:04 pm »

I fucked up a wolf's skull with my sword and killed him in a one-hit-wonder move and my tile exploded with wolf teeth that flew 10 tiles in all directions. Is that new?

hoveringdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: February 14, 2012, 11:25:20 pm »

The alpaca was a member of their civilization, so you made yourself an enemy by killing it.  Make sure that the animals you kill are wild, and you should be okay.

I figured that was the explanation for the villagers. But still, alpacas and their ilk are prey animals. Kill one of them, and the rest should flee, not go all red in tooth and claw.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: February 14, 2012, 11:28:06 pm »

Yep. The [NUMBER:x] token finally works.

(sort of)

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: February 14, 2012, 11:44:51 pm »

It appears there's a slight glitch with the naming of zombies. I had a necromancer reanimate a zombie that had previously been a historical figure. The name now appears as "Mebzuth Earthhelpful's corpsepeasant corpse".
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: February 14, 2012, 11:46:53 pm »

It appears there's a slight glitch with the naming of zombies. I had a necromancer reanimate a zombie that had previously been a historical figure. The name now appears as "Mebzuth Earthhelpful's corpsepeasant corpse".

Reported here.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: February 15, 2012, 12:04:20 am »

*nods* Thank you, Footkerchief. For my part, I love that the necromancers can keep reraising zombies and the parts you hack off - the necromancers themselves aren't very formidable, so having to deal with the rolling tide of death makes them a real threat.

Oh, and a tip for other adventurers: Be very aware of what you take as a trophy from the creatures you kill. I foolishly carried the head of a night creature I killed with me as I charged into the necromancer's tower. Guess what killed me?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: February 15, 2012, 12:11:18 am »

Axes are the most counter-productive weapon when fighting mummies/necromancers. I took apart a mummy's horde using the traps in the pyramid and my axe. Guess what happens when said mummy walks in the room to kick my ass himself?
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298