Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1233758 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - S3 - Patch 3.06 Freljord
« Reply #11580 on: May 12, 2013, 10:02:08 am »

Oh hey, a new champion with a concept that's completely unique within league. I'm glad we're expanding to new concepts that we haven't seen be-- oh, he's evilawful. Never mind. Boring champ.
Backstory looks like it was written by twelve year olds. What the hell happened to your lore department, Riot?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: May 12, 2013, 10:07:12 am »

Hey, twelve year olds could probably be hired pretty cheaply. Maybe the lore department got replaced. More money for the graphics and mechanics folks! Or not. Gotta' maximize that profit margin.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: May 12, 2013, 10:07:45 am »

Why not money for more servers for lower ping :(.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: May 12, 2013, 02:40:05 pm »

Oh hey, a new champion with a concept that's completely unique within league. I'm glad we're expanding to new concepts that we haven't seen be-- oh, he's evilawful. Never mind. Boring champ.
Backstory looks like it was written by twelve year olds. What the hell happened to your lore department, Riot?
I dunno, I kind of like him. I definitely get what you're saying, though, especially in light of how much old lore they've removed to make sure everyone's on a faction and fits an archetype nicely "has a better-defined motivation."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: May 12, 2013, 05:55:58 pm »

Honestly, a lot of the old lore they removed was either pretty much useless in storytelling (see: most "this champ is being imprisoned by the league" or "this champ is from some place super distant that no story will ever reach") or didn't belong in bios, such as a lot of early champions having to spend like 25% of their bio explaining what Noxus/Piltover/etc was.

I think Aatox's lore will shine once they expand their lore beyond bios. The new site will hopefully have stuff on the city states, for instance, and it'd be cool looking into little histories and things and seeing potential places where he shows up.

Also, new Morg skin. Apparently it's in celebration of the Latin American servers being launched soon, and is based off La Llorona, a Latin American legend. It ain't no Blackthorn, but it still looks pretty good.

Creepy face. I like it, but as usual I wonder what the model will look like.

Your heavily-watermarked wish has been granted.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: May 12, 2013, 05:58:29 pm »

Oh wow, that is one awesome skin.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: May 12, 2013, 05:59:29 pm »

Holy fuck, I didn't notice her wings were little grim reaper dudes. Man, they're getting creative.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: May 13, 2013, 03:17:33 am »

So... I just played Jayce for the first time... how is this character not broken?  He's always bothered me, but I didn't realize just how bad he is until now...

I dealt twice as much damage as all but one other character in the game, and never had to place myself in any risk if I didn't want to, while dishing out all that punishment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: May 13, 2013, 03:31:50 am »

So... I just played Jayce for the first time... how is this character not broken?  He's always bothered me, but I didn't realize just how bad he is until now...

I dealt twice as much damage as all but one other character in the game, and never had to place myself in any risk if I didn't want to, while dishing out all that punishment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He's a very temperamental champion. As an ARAM guy, being able to poke nearly effortlessly with gate/Q without needing much more than a consistent mana source and lots of AD and armor pen, he's quite hard to beat. If you get caught, though, it's painful.

Then again, the game is not balanced for ARAM, so some champions are much, much easier to play as or relevant in lane than others when there are five enemies standing right in easy poking range, in a straight line. And the nature of ARAM is not knowing how much CC or range you're going to get pitted up against anyway. I had one game that ended up 5 melee against 5 AP ranged nukers... the CC and ranged poke they had was unbeatable with that lineup, since we had no way to jump in without two people dying for a single enemy, let alone getting to their first tower.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: May 13, 2013, 03:41:52 am »

Got a response from my brother on this subject

ARAM doesnt follow the same considerations in regards to character balance - Characters who are considered better at one stage or another of the game, which would typically be in a lane, DO NOT get that luxery... an ARAM nasus is a considerably different beast than a lane, or junge nasus. Same could be said for Jayce

Jayce is also a character that scales well with items, not to the same extent of an ADC...  Some Tops and mids, generally, if they get kills and good farm, snowball uncontrollably. A fed katarina or akali is more terrifying than a heimerdinger.

DOnt assess a characters worth in ARAM. Its not accurate... ur thrown into  a situation that doesnt arise until 12-25minutes into the game

Jayces full rotation issomething like...E+Q+W+AA+R+Q+w+E+AA. in aram u would be lucky to get even a glimpse of what jayce can do, or anyhero for that matter, in a teamfight or during laning phases. What aram is good for is a tool to teach u the BASIC mechanics to a teamfight and how certain heros place in terms of role. Is He broken? No... is he a good pick? yes. where does he shine? Poke Comps, disengaging, Peeling,

He is generally knowledgeable if a bit belligerent towards me and sometimes borderline abusive.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:48:53 am by Neonivek »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11590 on: May 13, 2013, 04:06:41 am »

Yeah, I know aram is completely different from the other game modes and the characters aren't balanced for it.  I still think it's dumb.  I didn't even get most of my kills from the long range poke.  I got most of them from jumping on people's faces with his melee set, where he's still pretty safe.  I could hit that Trundle for about 1/3 of his health and finish with a knock-away before he could have any opportunity to hit me back...  Any character who could jump in, do a bunch of damage, and jump out without any fear of retaliation pissed me off when I played Summoner's Rift just as much as in ARAM.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: May 13, 2013, 11:23:34 am »

Poke rules in ARAM, how can you be surprised? Jayce isn't broke, that team composition vs the team you faced is broke. 3 great pokers and one of the best tanks in the game vs 2 pokes of which one is an ulti, you can snowball so hard, I would say if anything you sucked letting the game get to 30 mins with the team comp you have.

Your kills may have come from your melee but your damage is undoubtedly due to Jayce's AoE gate poke, it's one of the best pokes in ARAM being very difficult to dodge especially as it's easy to just blast it off on max range so you don't need to hit champs directly (Mantra Karma Q is damn good too).

But Nidalee is still better for just ridiculous damage and op heals in ARAM.

I have no problem facing Jayce in Summoner's Rift though.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: May 13, 2013, 01:14:07 pm »

I've been playing nothing but arams for months.  Poke doesn't always dominate it.  It's really just an easy headstart.  The most dangerous aram team is one with a lot of mobility, cc, and aoe that initiates aggressively as a group.  My team had a lot of poke and a decent amount of aoe, but very little team utility.  They had multiple area cc abilities, so we were always spread out trying not to get all caught in them at once.  They did a really good job taking advantage of this, so they could use their cc to provide cover for each other and isolate us one or two at a time to get kills.  We won every fight, but until the end it was always with one or two of us alive.

The next game we played, we had an amazing poke team.  I had Nidalee.  The enemy team was all melee, but they all had quick distance closers, burst, and cc.  They were super aggressive.  Never let us use distance as an advantage.  Totally dominated us.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: May 13, 2013, 02:11:38 pm »

On Rift, he does have mana issues. Supposedly he's also stronger earlier on, so if you can play defensively he'll eventually lose his edge. Supposedly.

That said, I do despise him. Let's give one character a good nuke, good autoattacks, mana regen in melee, a team dash, a self dash, a knockback, and a slow! That'll be balanced and fair.

EDIT: Did I forget the steroid? I must have forgotten the steroid. That's silly of me, how underpowered would this guy be if he couldn't also boost his attack speed? Haha, oh man.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:14:47 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: May 13, 2013, 02:56:05 pm »

Jace is one of those champions that's really strong in 1v1 or in poke fights, but his lack of a reliable stun, escape, or all-in ult makes him worse when junglers are involved.

He's no Fiora, but he's worse than your average top champ in this regard and it's his most easily exploited weakness.
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1067