Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1233881 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15135 on: September 01, 2015, 11:40:36 am »

I thought the Veigar rework undeniably ruined him? I remember when it came out, it was so obvious that nobody even needed to spend a minute playing him before judging him as completely worthless now and worse in every way.

Was it the TSM slash fic? Godlike teamwork, I think?
Yes, it was.

The rework did pretty much ruin him. They made a series of adjustments later that made his new Q pretty good and reduced the delay on his E to an (effective) 0.5s delay from where it was pre-rework. He was only hit as hard as he was because they simultaneously nerfed his ult's damage and removed DFG.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #15136 on: September 01, 2015, 11:52:33 am »

Uh, how did you not mention the biggest and most recent buff?

R - Primordial Burst
NOT A SHORT JOKE: Missile size now scales with Veigar's ability power

I didn't even know this was a thing they could do, but it is clear to me now that Veigar was a shadow of his true self without it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:24:54 pm by penguinofhonor »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15137 on: September 01, 2015, 12:41:09 pm »

Yes, the e-peen buff was nice. I still liked the Singed laugh buff more though.  :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:28:34 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15138 on: September 01, 2015, 01:06:53 pm »

I'm sort of tempted to dust off the old smurf account and go crazy with Garen for a bit, considering he's so cheap (450 IP) and extremely strong, even with minimal rune/mastery support.

It's fun basically playing seek and destroy against a specific enemy, after building completely tanky and still outputting respectable (see: insane) amounts of damage, shrugging off whatever the enemy team throws at you, then through a combination of your passive and Warmogs, running off with the entire enemy team chasing you as you regenerate 200+ health a second.

Riot has even confirmed that Garen's a bit too strong at the moment, but they won't do anything in the hot fix, and will save any changes for 5.17.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #15139 on: September 01, 2015, 10:05:18 pm »

So you're telling me you want to go sodomise people with lower MMR/newbies with an unfair champion that punishes the hell out of not knowing exactly what you're doing?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15140 on: September 02, 2015, 05:26:20 am »

I'm tempted, but it seems that the low level accounts are primarily other smurfs. And it's annoying not having access to every other champion in the game.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15141 on: September 02, 2015, 11:42:41 am »

The reason they're mostly other smurfs is because of people doing what you're doing making the barrier to entry even higher.

It was an ordeal to get my friend into League and he still ended up quitting over toxicity.
Shoes...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15142 on: September 02, 2015, 04:11:54 pm »

I haven't played on my smurf account in a year or two. If I wanted games to be easy, I'd play against bots.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #15143 on: September 02, 2015, 07:25:32 pm »

Then what reason would you possibly have to play on your smurf in the first place? I might have misinterpreted, but what I basically read your original post as saying was "I want to play an unfair, overpowered champion and dominate newbies."

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15144 on: September 02, 2015, 07:39:50 pm »

I do that in normal games as is. Garen is an exceptionally strong top laner. Not sure why I mentioned doing it on a smurf., probably because most lanes I've faced as him seem exceptionally easy Drop it and move on, we don't need to give Toady extra work.

The original use of said smurf account was to assist a friend climbing the ladder from level 1, such that my main account didn't cause him to face over leveled opponents. But as Cthulhu said, its more likely you face other smurfs at low levels.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 07:45:28 pm by Astral »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15145 on: September 02, 2015, 08:49:30 pm »

So you want to destroy newbies as well as boost your friend through levelling? I have never bought the 'I'm only smurfing to play with my friends' excuse.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15146 on: September 02, 2015, 08:58:08 pm »

So you want to destroy newbies as well as boost your friend through levelling? I have never bought the 'I'm only smurfing to play with my friends' excuse.
Because you don't have friends? I jest.  :P

Seriously, though. One higher-rated player dicking around in a low-level game creates a much less bad experience than one low-rated/new player dragged into a high-rated game. In the first you have five people who have a bit of an unfair disadvantage, while in the second you have four with a major disadvantage and one who is going to get their shit pushed in constantly.

I mean, unless you're a dick and intentionally tryhard against bronze/new players, then you're just being a jerk.

3. Run Resize Enable

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15147 on: September 02, 2015, 09:04:03 pm »

Ouch. That was cold hearted, dude.

I think people should have more faith in Riot's matchmaking. If the major reason for smurfing is that matchmaking will make matches where you're queued with somebody of a different skill level unpleasant, consider that without smurfing matchmaking would be a lot better and more capable of handling stuff like that.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15148 on: September 02, 2015, 09:11:48 pm »

Seriously, though. One higher-rated player dicking around in a low-level game creates a much less bad experience than one low-rated/new player dragged into a high-rated game. In the first you have five people who have a bit of an unfair disadvantage, while in the second you have four with a major disadvantage and one who is going to get their shit pushed in constantly.

I mean, unless you're a dick and intentionally tryhard against bronze/new players, then you're just being a jerk.

Most of the time I've played with one person dramatically lower/higher level then the rest of the people in the queue, there's usually one person on the other team that is dramatically lower/higher level too and everyone else is the sameish level as the rest of the team instead of it averaging out the levels. For example, four level 30s and a level 20 would usually be matched up against four level 30s and a level 20 instead of being against five level 28 players. If they're not matched up against each other in lane, this leads to one lane/role[God help them if the good/poor players are jungle] on each team having a large advantage over their opponents, but it goes both ways too. It doesn't ALWAYS work that way, but that's been my general experience with it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15149 on: September 02, 2015, 09:16:29 pm »

E: OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Quote from: Master Yi
Wuju like to dance?: Dance now scales with movespeed.

Ouch. That was cold hearted, dude.

I think people should have more faith in Riot's matchmaking. If the major reason for smurfing is that matchmaking will make matches where you're queued with somebody of a different skill level unpleasant, consider that without smurfing matchmaking would be a lot better and more capable of handling stuff like that.
That's the thing, though: unless you deliberately throw games, your smurf is very quickly going to get MMR similar to what you already had on your main. Visible rank means very little. Back before I stopped playing ranked, here's how things worked out for me: I placed in Silver III after going 7/3 or something in my promos. A few matches later, I skipped a division into Silver I. I played a few more matches and quit at Silver I ~83 LP (literally the most poisonous gaming environment I've ever played in, don't nobody have time for that shit). However, my MMR was mid-high gold and I was seeing mainly golds and the occasional plat in my ranked matches. The same thing happens in my normals, I see plats/golds fairly regularly, along with the occasional diamond.

Basically, as long as you don't deliberately lose and feed to stay at a low MMR in a low division, you're not going to be there for long. If a smurf has been in bronze/silver/gold/whatever for longer than fifty matches, it's probably because that's where their original account was as well. Incidentally, more than a few streamers and Youtubers have had their accounts banned for doing "Bronze to [Whatever]" series where they deliberately dumped new accounts into bronze for the purpose of climbing, so Riot is doing something. It's just, y'know, it can be hard to tell the difference between someone who is good at losing subtly versus someone who sucks, and being bad isn't a report-worthy offense.

It's actually kind of absurd. I've watched more than a few YTers and streamers I enjoy do Unranked to Diamond, and they rarely spend more than 20-30 matches lower than Platinum. Smurfing is, I think, mostly in the realm of other stuff like lag, bugs, ELO Hell &c. -- things that occasionally genuinely impact a player's performance, but which are often dredged up as excuses for being at the appropriate rank. There's nothing wrong with not being in the 99% percentile, but an alarming number of people appear to disagree.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:28:07 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1067