Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1201330 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7965 on: April 10, 2012, 09:10:02 pm »

And if they get suspicious, you can actually gank another lane.

That's the thing about lane fiddles - you have such good ganks that you have such trouble taking advantage of. If you get them off, though, you should be kicking ass. I'd almost consider getting boots of mobility.

Thing is... I think people are underestimating Fiddle nowadays. In my opinion, he's reaching the point of Karma where people start forgetting exactly what it is that Fiddle does. I've seen Fiddle support work to an extent, but only because of his crazy damage ult and 3 second fear.

Also, I officially dislike Ahri. Annie level burst with twice as much mobility. Sure, she may not be as SAFE as Annie, but that level 6 burst is absolutely ridiculous if you get hit with charm and are at, say, 75% health.
Also often called Boowells.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: April 10, 2012, 09:58:30 pm »

Recently started playing this game, and it's fun. Played some good games with Ziggs, but recently I've been playing Veigar, and it's pretty fun. Seeing the enemies health go down as I launch a Strike and then a Burst at them is delicious.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: April 10, 2012, 10:04:57 pm »

And if they get suspicious, you can actually gank another lane.

That's the thing about lane fiddles - you have such good ganks that you have such trouble taking advantage of. If you get them off, though, you should be kicking ass. I'd almost consider getting boots of mobility.

Thing is... I think people are underestimating Fiddle nowadays. In my opinion, he's reaching the point of Karma where people start forgetting exactly what it is that Fiddle does. I've seen Fiddle support work to an extent, but only because of his crazy damage ult and 3 second fear.

I just played a game as Karma where the enemy team accused an Akali of cheating because they didn't believe me as Karma kept her alive under 20 health when they tower dove. I had two karma charges so of course they died. They then said Karma was the worst support so I had to show them what a Karma can do by proceeding the dominate the lane with Akali.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: April 10, 2012, 10:17:41 pm »

Karma's shield is the best shield. It turns any AOE CC from a tanky character into a damaging initiation.
Also often called Boowells.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: April 10, 2012, 10:34:27 pm »

Another nice free week with four champions I haven't played - giving Xin Zhao a try right now. In my first normal, managed to beat a cheesy dominion team that included Fiora, Gangplank, Karthus and Kassadin, good times! Ok, admittedly we had our own Gangplank along with Rammus and Jax, the tortoise in particular doing an excellent job of holding their bottom point (still haven't quite learnt the actual names of the control points, the Drill and the Windmill are recognisable enough, but the rest sort of blend together).
 I built the following items:
Youmuu's Ghostblade, Merc Treads, Frozen Mallet, Hexdrinker, Zeke's Herald, Pickaxe

Went for a full CDR build, getting your dash as often as possible is what you need when you're trying to catch Kassadin.  I favoured the frozen mallet over my planned black cleaver due to the enemy not really building armour. Finished 8/11/12 after a rough start (0/6/9 at one point, my damage output seeming quite poor early on despite starting with a brutaliser). However, I did top score on my team with 1566, so must have done something right - mainly dodging cannon barrages, whilst trying to stay healthy enough to avoid dieing to the Karthus ult.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: April 11, 2012, 01:22:08 am »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:20:05 pm by penguinofhonor »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7971 on: April 11, 2012, 07:17:24 am »

Hmm... I'll try E first, but never leveling w until level 14 seems kinda iffy.
Actually you probably want to get Drain at level 2 just for the sustain. Don't ignore it, it is what makes Fiddles that goddamn undying haybag.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: April 11, 2012, 09:00:49 am »

Holy crap am I scared of Lulu. I was laning bot as Blitz along with a friend as Pantheon versus a Shen and the little purple devil called Lulu. I've never played a game where the enemy could ignore tower damage to kill me under the tower before the 10 minute mark aside from that game.

I did a custom bot match just so I could see what Lulu + Cho'Gath would look like for laning (and because I wanted to see how freakin' big a  Cho'Gath with full stacks of Devour would be with Wild Growth on top of that.

Went with an AP build (+ Aegis of the Legion)....I was tankier than Cho.  ???

I also had 2/3 of the team's kills because Glitterlance is made of purple shiny awesome.

Played a PvP match with Lulu, laning with MF. I built her as pure support and wound up going 4/0/15. I still like Kayle as a dedicated support, but if I ever save up and buy Lulu, she'll replace Kayle in the rotation--better buff/debuff and way better damage output. Lose than invuln shield, but get that wicked "Make somebody huge and do AoE damage+knockup" ult.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7973 on: April 11, 2012, 09:29:44 am »

Champs have a size cap. So even with Lulu's help, a fully stacked Cho with Surge can't really become all that much bigger.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: April 11, 2012, 09:49:51 am »

Champs have a size cap. So even with Lulu's help, a fully stacked Cho with Surge can't really become all that much bigger.
I could have sworn somebody posted a pic of a Cho'Gath one time with all the "grow" effects they could think of, and he was big enough to FILL the lane.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: April 11, 2012, 09:53:43 am »

A yordle over towersize is the maximum.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: April 11, 2012, 10:19:25 am »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:20:10 pm by penguinofhonor »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: April 11, 2012, 11:57:49 am »

Yeah, I really couldn't notice much difference. The experience was like pulling teeth too, because AI Cho'Gath is BAD. Way too aggressive, especially when buffed. Got overextended and killed (in many cases running right by a turret and getting reduced down to almost no health) far too many times. It actually played smarter when I wasn't actively trying to help it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:11:54 pm by RedKing »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: April 11, 2012, 02:04:50 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:20:15 pm by penguinofhonor »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: April 11, 2012, 02:17:04 pm »

Played Lulu for the first time yesterday, and for shits and giggles in a troll game, decided to build her much like you would a Teemo.

Long story short, and 15-3 later, I found that carry Lulu is actually kinda scary for the enemy team. She starts out slow, but once you get a Malady and Ionic Spark, you start to wreck people... plus her ability to make other people stay alive is a big help.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 1067