Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1189517 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Hecarim, the Shadow of War - 1.0.0.138
« Reply #8160 on: April 29, 2012, 05:15:34 pm »

lucky i miss u so much were yo been
Shoes...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8161 on: April 29, 2012, 06:14:14 pm »

Jax is great in the jungle. He's seen some tournament play there.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: April 29, 2012, 06:20:33 pm »

lucky i miss u so much were yo been

on league

Cearnaigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8163 on: May 01, 2012, 01:55:08 am »

No one can out harass Cait. Soraka and Cait = infinite poke. Most you can do in that situation is have a sustain lane. Graves/Leona worked well to the extent that it wouldn't have been an irreversibly lost lane--if other lanes didn't feed. Against a Cait and Soraka, congratulations, you've just signed yourself up for a session of how to hug your turret 101 and another session of how to get Carried 101 thirty or so minutes later. Ideally. As far as meta goes, sustain support/AD versus aggressive, no sustain support/AD...

Gotta get kills to make it work. So ganks go to bot or mid in that situation.

Also, I've seen Jax around more recently. He tends to be in jungle but it's not strange to see him top lane either. He's still very strong in my opinion, you just have to play according to your build. It's hard to have the same presence in teamfights with him if you build him like an assassin, but he does it very well. If you build him like a bruiser--I haven't really played him since the second set of changes, but around Feb-March was when I played him most frequently, and he wasn't that great built like a bruiser. I dunno. I would have rather had Olaf or Lee Sin toplane in that case, and since I followed his original build from before his rework, I should have just jungled him.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: May 01, 2012, 04:23:52 am »

Well I play Jax a lot in Dominion, and there at least he quickly gets to hypercarry status, and I've been able to go 1v3 and emerge with half-health. His passive syngergizes well with Rageblade, so I generally go prospector's -> rageblade starting with pick -> Bilgewater Cutlass -> Zeal -> Triforce -> Hextech. If I end up going bot I use the same build, only I buy a vampiric scepter when I return first, and go for a lot of aggression to bully my opponent back until the point I can safely kill them almost every time they go in to harass. So I presume he could work in SR too, especially if your opponent doesn't really know how to handle Jax. He'll probably have a lot of difficulty against tops with a lot of sustain or good, safe harass, but I haven't tried him in SR :)

Does anyone know when Varus is getting released? I've been holding onto my 6k IP to get the bastard for like a week, but there's nothing in the patch notes about him, so I might as well go grab Olaf and Nidalee or something.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: May 01, 2012, 07:51:37 am »

Does anyone know when Varus is getting released? I've been holding onto my 6k IP to get the bastard for like a week, but there's nothing in the patch notes about him, so I might as well go grab Olaf and Nidalee or something.

Next week sometime apparently.

Varus, the Arrow of Retribution, is currently scheduled to make his debut sometime next week. He definitely wants to be the spotlight, so tidy up your spectating skills for when Varus makes his way to the fields.

I was mostly looking forward to the Blackthorn Morgana skin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OnS7zeKF6o

I hope it comes out with Varus.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8166 on: May 01, 2012, 09:06:59 am »

Gotta love it when you get a Hecarim who talks a big game, goes 4/10, blames everybody else, then ragequits. Then in the same game you have a pair of Brazilians who fed Xin Zhao in top lane (with Yi/Shaco), but blame me (as MF winning my mid lane and 3 lvls higher than everyone else) for why we're losing.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear LoL players are members of Congress: Fuck up royally and blame everyone else for it, especially the few people doing their best to salvage the situation.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Cearnaigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: May 01, 2012, 10:52:34 am »

The community is crap. It's filled with self entitled nuts who never get better because they refuse to believe whatever they're doing is costing them the game/resources.

And if they feed, I tend to think it's out of spite, because yeah I can believe they're really that immature.

The degree of sportsmanship I've seen in Pubgames is usually pretty good, but hardly surprising to see someone act completely disgusting in the name of everything relating to "sportsmanship" or otherwise.

It's hardly surprising to see multiple people act disgusting in pubgames.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: May 01, 2012, 10:59:31 am »

I watched one of the featured games in spectator mode. Directed camera is really good.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: May 01, 2012, 12:07:36 pm »

Was whooping ass with a Heimer as Talon on Dominion against Mundo, Fiora and a Brand. Nida and Twitch went top against our Ashe and Vayne. Renekton came and assisted both sides every now and then.

It started with Brand spamming spanish on All say, I said "Talk ingrish fgt". He said "you lrn english". He then began hating on 'The whole English population' and shit, along with Mundo and Fiora. Mundo began early game (After I had whooped Nida and Twitch a couple of times, but they were atleast good enough to 'scape and not die) saying shit like 'very very easy' Because he got our Heimer and chased me back. He had three thornmails end game, and Brand didn't realize the only thing he could do was auto-attack me while silenced. And I don't know what Fiora did. She just stood in the bushes bot, when me and Heimer shredded her to pieces. It ended with the Espanol Trio yelling shit about reporting Nida and Twitch, that had roughly 4 times as less deaths as them. (I think it's because they PINGed their asses apart to get them bot because they couldn't take on a Heimer and a Talon.)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: May 01, 2012, 01:23:28 pm »

I'm increasingly of the opinion that they need to segregate the NA servers to English and Spanish/Portuguese. The language thing is a real sore spot in a lot of cases. Dunno how it is on the EU servers, but then they're more used to multilingualism there.

Or do they get "schrieb Deutsch Arschloch" comments too?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: May 01, 2012, 02:07:50 pm »

No, the spanish type players you have on US servers have no equal on the EU server. Perhaps the French (no offense) as a lot of them barely understand English because of the constant French dubs on movies and television.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8172 on: May 01, 2012, 02:22:50 pm »

So is there a standard expectation of using English in pub comms, or do people just suss out what language most people on the team understand?

NA, it seems like there's an expectation of English, but then Spanish/Portuguese players get pissy about it (or are just incapable of English communication altogether, to the RAEG of their English-speaking team). Or use lolwut broken English to try and curse at the English speakers, like the guy last night (a terribad Corki who I was trying to keep alive as Taric) who knew enough to process "corki sucks" (not my critique...his friend had said at the beginning of the match that the guy was only lvl 3) and respond with a line of Portuguese, followed by "fuck your couch".

Which I have to say, defused the tension because the rest of us were too busy laughing to get mad.  :P

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8173 on: May 01, 2012, 03:18:50 pm »

Was whooping ass with a Heimer as Talon on Dominion against Mundo, Fiora and a Brand. Nida and Twitch went top against our Ashe and Vayne. Renekton came and assisted both sides every now and then.

It started with Brand spamming spanish on All say, I said "Talk ingrish fgt". He said "you lrn english". He then began hating on 'The whole English population' and shit, along with Mundo and Fiora. Mundo began early game (After I had whooped Nida and Twitch a couple of times, but they were atleast good enough to 'scape and not die) saying shit like 'very very easy' Because he got our Heimer and chased me back. He had three thornmails end game, and Brand didn't realize the only thing he could do was auto-attack me while silenced. And I don't know what Fiora did. She just stood in the bushes bot, when me and Heimer shredded her to pieces. It ended with the Espanol Trio yelling shit about reporting Nida and Twitch, that had roughly 4 times as less deaths as them. (I think it's because they PINGed their asses apart to get them bot because they couldn't take on a Heimer and a Talon.)
You could have just muted him, no need to act like an ass and call him a fag.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: May 01, 2012, 05:41:38 pm »

taking week long breaks from this game makes me so bad at it

i'll have to play relatively consistently during the summer
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 1067